Standard please-help-me-pick-who-to-ascend thread

DISCLAIMER: I know that I have a ton of heroes. I did dumb stuff in the beginning and I fully understand that’s why I’m in the position I’m in. I know that they’re all useless unless/until I have the mats for them and I take responsibility for my own reckless behavior in getting too many heroes too fast. I am not looking for advice on how to stop that poor behavior, as I’ve realized that I made some mistakes. So while I appreciate any comments anyone takes the time to write, I know I did something stupid and I do regret it.

Hi! I’m clueless and seeking help. I hope I did the screenshots right. I’m not worried about my five-star characters yet. And I don’t have the mats for a nature hero, but those will likely go to Melandor or Caedemon when I get them. Maybe Hansel, since I’ve maxed Gretel already.

I can ascend ONE dark hero and I’m torn between Rigard, Sabina, and waiting for Proteus. I can ascend one red hero, and was planning on ascending Boldtusk, but then I got Wilbur.

I can ascend one holy hero, and that will likely be Wu.

The ice heros I need help with, too. I can ascend two of them. Definitely Boril, but I’m unsure of the second one. It’s between Sonya, Kiril, and Grimm.

I’m willing to wait for some of these to get to 3-60, so that’s not a problem.

Edit–they didn’t turn up in the right order. The third screenshot should be first. Sorry.

If anyone feels kind enough to help, I would really appreciate any advice. I know this is a lot to ask, so if you tell me to buzz off, I will.

P.S. Yes, I did emblem a Sha Ji. I understand that was wrong now.

I can ascend ONE dark hero and I’m torn between Rigard, Sabina, and waiting for Proteus. I can ascend one red hero, and was planning on ascending Boldtusk, but then I got Wilbur.

Rigard is fine at 3.60 for your level, he is a great hero but Id bring Proteus to 4.70 as next purple.

I can ascend one holy hero, and that will likely be Wu.

The right choice :slight_smile:

The ice heros I need help with, too. I can ascend two of them. Definitely Boril, but I’m unsure of the second one. It’s between Sonya, Kiril, and Grimm.

Kiril and Grimm are really great heroes, I would do them!

10 Likes

Hello, and welcome, nice roster…

Red: Boldtusk, Wilbur, Scarlett, Colen
Blue: Grimm, Kiril, Sonya
Green: Hansel, Melendor, Caedmon
Yellow: Wu, Chao, Hu Tao
Purple: Proteus, Rigard, Sabina

You are lacking dispell at 1st, but thats my suggestion for leveling project.

7 Likes

Complete agreement with this assessment

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! I think maybe Boril and Kiril? I’m not sold on Grimm yet. But he’s in the running!

No constructive answer, but holy moses. I wish I had some of your duplicate heroes hah!:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Agree with what @jinbatsu suggested.

For reds, Wilbur then BT.

3 Likes

The dispel was my main concern, to be honest. But I can’t give those coats to Sonya, and Sabina, well, I like her, but I was thinking Proteus, paired with Gretel and Hansel could maybe effectively serve a similar purpose if they can’t even charge their specials…

Thank you. Your list was what I was thinking, and it looks like almost everyone else agrees. I truly appreciate that you took the time to reply to me.

I’m so torn between Wilbur and BT. Maybe if I wait for Wilbur to be at 3-60, I’ll have enough mats for them both,? Lol. Probably not.

Well, bring 3.60 both and play a while, and choose which you fit the playstyle. And if you are in hurry to bring Boril as your tank defense candidate, or your AW requeire blue tank. But for more versatile IMO, Kiril is more useful with my playstyle.

1 Like

Re Blues, I would skip Boril for now. Boril’s main use is as a tank, or to try to murder bosses stronger than you. But after you hit a certain level / bench depth, you will stop using him. Kiril, Grimm and even Sonya you will use for much longer. Besides, you already have Kashhrek, who can also be a good tank.

If you’re concerned about dispel (and frankly, I am too), I would do Kiril + Sonya first and leave Grimm for next. Reasoning: Grimm’s defense down is wonderful, but not quite as necessary as healing (Kiril + Boldtusk) or dispelling (and only Sonya among your dispelers you can do immediately.

Reds: I would go Boldtusk over Wilbur. Why? You lack healers at the moment. Kashhrek is your only ascended healer, and he only does adjacents. Boldtusk gives you immediate healing and a nice attack boost. Also, Boldtusk is a bit more versatile and easier to use correctly than Wilbur is.

Re Purples: I completely agree with Proteus first. Proteus is my MVP, and got me through some difficult times when my best healer was Belith. And anyway, if you go Boldtusk / Kiril first, they can cover your healing needs while you wait to ascend Rigard, Melendor or Sabina.

5 Likes

Thanks. I know. I got really lucky. Well, I did spend about $200USD before I cut myself off and now I do VIP and small offers only on a prepaid card. It’s so easy to throw money at this game. It was a dumb move.

Yes, for my alliance, I wanted Boril for sure. Thank you!!

I also like that at the beginning… but my case is opposite, Boldtusk come late, and I still not ascend Wilbur until I have 8 blades, so before BT at 3.60 I have more then 8 blades, so I ascend Wilbur, then BT.

1 Like

Kiril could also be a decent Blue tank. I’ve faced many alliances full of Kiril tanks. and Kiril is more versatile than Boril IMO.

2 Likes

Oh boy. You make a good argument… You’re right about the healers! Thank you so much. I have to level Boril to help my alliance. I’m at the low end of the totem pole there and really want to contribute meaningfully. But I will definitely give Grimm more consideration. Everyone loves him, apparently… I’ve ignored a diamond in the rough.

1 Like

In my honest opinion, And at your point in the game, Iwould focus on levelling and maxing the following 4* heroes:
Rigard
Wilbur
Wu Kong
Kiril
Grimm and
Melendor

2 Likes

Thank you! I was seriously considering giving the trap tools to Rigard. But they seem to be the most elusive for me to get :slightly_frowning_face: it’s tempting to ascend him because, well, he’s ready. But a lot of people rave about Proteus.

But I want to get stronger. And I feel like I’m going to stagnate if I don’t ascend one within the next few days…

I suggest you Proteus 1st, because next event challange you can easy beat complete for Epic and Legendary, and the rewards is worth unfarmable AM.

4 Likes

Rigard can do his job for a time at 3/60 while Proteus is a bit squishy to do so.

Ascending Proteus first will assure you to complete almost all events in the game and therefore, securing guaranteed ascension mats way faster.

Grimm is my long-time besty and he is an absolute beast. He can transform any sub-par 4* hitter into a world-class hitter. Sonya become a 700 damage dealer paired with Grimm !

As for the rest of your questions, you had some really good suggestions already!

4 Likes