Standard please-help-me-pick-who-to-ascend thread

For blues, Kiril and Grimm would be the best choices.

For purples, if you max Kiril, then ascend Proteus. But pay attention: Proteus does NOT mix well with Hansel & Gretel. The siblings need the enemy to reach full mana for their special to be effective, Proteus stops mana gaining. So if you want to use them together, you have to pay attention when firing their specials.

For yellow, Wu Kong is the best choice, no discussion.

Alternitavely, if you max Rigard, then you could max Sonya and Grimm. But for what is my experience in the game, mana blocking is better than dispelling. In any case, try to get Caedomn maxed asap.

2 Likes

Thanks. I hope he’s ready by then. I will go with Proteus, Kiril, Boril, Boldtusk, and Wu🙂 maaaybe Wilbur. I know he’s important. But yeah, lacking whole-team healers at the moment, so BT can fill that void. I’ll have to figure out the dispel scenario. Thank you all so much for taking your time to help me.

1 Like

if you do use Boldtusk and Kiril together, either don’t fire them at the same time (their attack buffs do NOT stack), and wait for one to run out before firing the other;

or if you really need the healing, do Kiril and then Boldtusk. BT’s higher attack buff will overwrite Kiril’s, but you still keep Kiril’s defense buff.

5 Likes

Ok. You’re selling me on Grimm for sure. And if Sonya gets stronger at that final ascension, I’m also willing to consider her.

They are my go-to-everywhere team. I got Kiril very late though so i don’t feel like he is an absolute need and learned to play without a buffer.
Even though Kiril is maxed, i am still using Grimm, Sonya and 3/70 Alice as my blue squad with extreme success.

What i just saw is that your BT is 3/50 while your Wilbur is 1/1. I would suggest to bring Wilbur to 3/60 before ascending one or the other. That way, he can be used in everywhere. He is of very good use on event legendary tier, to diminish the chances of suffering a one-hit KO.

With your choice of ascension, when pairing Wu and Proteus, be sure to fire Proteus when unaffected by Wu’s gambler stance. You don’t want his special to miss against bosses !
Just for fun, check the stats of high-emblemed Grimm and Sonya :grin:

3 Likes

Grimm is an excellent general use 4*. Sonya is important for the cleansing. Kiril is a great healer. If you need a blue tank for wars Boril is a good choice. In the long run though you will get far more use out of Grimm than the others, followed by Kiril.

Rigard is decently useful enough at 3/60 that you can then concentrate on maxing Proteus. Then do Rigard next.

Wilbur is important for titans but requires experience to use skillfully in raids. BT is a better overall choice there.

Wu is critical for titans. Later when you can pair him with Wilbur you will get some impressive titan hits.

4 Likes

Ok, Proteus priority one, no question about it…

Work on a 4* bench that will allow you to complete all rare quests, class quests and events. Only then turn towards 5*.

Oh, and, by the way, stop doing pulls. You got more heroes there than you could ascend in a whole year. Better buy guaranteed ascension materials deals with those gems.

8 Likes

Max kiril which makes BT less urgent.

Kiril isn’t a big drop off as a blue tank vs boril.
I never maxed boril nor cyp, you will not use them later on.

But I have 2 kirils, 2 BTs, and 2 rigards maxed.
That’s on top of my 5* healers kunchen Ariel.

Point being having boril tank might make you a little stronger for the next few weeks but I’d rather lvl heroes that I’ll continue to use even when you have 20+ maxed 5*

Get Wilbur and Wu maxed priority for titans because that’s where you can get a lot of mats to ascend your heroes.

2 Likes

Well… Those look awesome! This is so tough. I want to do what’s best for my alliance. They like Wu and Boril. But now I’m thinking Kiril would benefit them, too. And Sonya dispels, she’s ready to go… Grimm will definitely get more attention. I underrated him.

Thank you! It’s nice to see what they can become. I wish I had all those emblems haha

1 Like

Ok. I’m thinking that I’ll prioritize Kiril instead. I think he will work well as a tank with additional benefits. Then I could max Wilbur…

1 Like

Sonya at 3/60 can dispel just right for now😉
Her high-defense stats helps her for that.

I agree with the others that Boril is a short-term solution and he will be dismissed sooner than later.

So the question should be Kiril vs Grimm.

You will use them both for a long time imo.
If your alliance uses blue tank, choose Kiril and you won’t regret it.
If you want more offense, go with Grimm
You won’t lose precious ascension mats with either choice :grin:

Besides, i agree with @Ian487, you have more than enough wonderful heroes to stop pulling for now. Use your gems for special offers with ascension mats and to skip waiting times on monster and raid chests to obtain elemental chests faster

3 Likes

Proteus then Rigard; Wilbur then BT; Kiril then Grimm, Wu then Gretel. Hansel then Caedemon.

3 Likes

Proteus seems pretty popular. I’m going for him.

Re: excessive pulls–I knew I’d get this comment. I was hesitant to post for that reason. I did spend a couple hundred in the beginning. But a lot of these are from EHT. I didn’t do as many as it looks like. Twice I pulled two Seshat. Then I pulled her again as a bonus draw with a Melandor. Most of them came from trying for Wilbur during the last Atlantis and some from epic hero tokens. I’ve gotten more 4* than 3* from my pulls as dumb and impossible as that sounds. Oh, and I got Hansel and Gretel from two ten pulls during that event. I’ve limited my spending. I know. I’m not proud of myself.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been doing all the events and filling chests as fast as possible. I’ve been trying not to buy mats. I have before, though.

Ok. Grimm and Kiril sound like a solid plan :slightly_smiling_face: thank you very much!

Thank you! I have a maxed Gretel, so Wu is on his way up!

See, these are the issues I’m just starting to try to sort out and really need help with. I really appreciate it! Thank you!

1 Like

I am not judging, as i did excessive pulls in my first month and during the first Wonderland! Landed with 2XAlice and Cheshire Cat, so guess it was worth the 20 bucks :rofl:
Just saying that you have a long road ahead to max them out :joy:
Also, from now on, you could/should keep your EHT and use them during seasonal event as they can be used there. Next one is in October with Morlovia. And after that, it is in December with the all so good Christmas heroes. Mama North, Buddy and Rudolph are consider some very outstanding heroes!
Be sure to have a few EHT ready :grin:

Caedemon is a new contender. Thanks for letting me know that Proteus won’t work with Hansel and Gretel! I’ll take Hansel to 3-60 and then start on Melandor. See what happens :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh I hate mother North. I want her so bad lol.

I know you weren’t. Your phrasing wasn’t judgmental. I just feel bad about having spent that money. I really love the game, but I’m not going to be a whale. I didn’t even realize what I’d done. I thought maybe fifty bucks. No. Way more than that! So that’s why I’m now attached to a prepaid card lol.

1 Like

Proteus is indeed extremely popular, for good reason :slight_smile: He can mana-control múltiple bosses at the same time, something Hansel and Gretel cannot do. that’s 3/5 of an enemy team during raids.

With Proteus, Kiril and Sabina, I was able to finish the Legendary (5*) tiers of Challenge events even without a single 5*.

1 Like