Stacking and Synergy

So I just recently tried a team that had 2 of the same color along with what I thought would be decent synergy against a team in war that was leveled significantly higher than me, LittleJohn/Kiril (both emblemed nicely)/Aegir/Domitia and Vivica all maxed…I beat them with the first flag! #Progress

My team was Mitsuko/Isarnia/Boldtusk/Joon/Caedmon, none maxed, but BT/Caed is on final tier and the other 3 are all on 3rd ascension

So I notice that with two of the same color the tile damage is higher as well as the mana generated a tad faster than normal, mitsuko held back their mana which allowed Isarnia (slow mana) time to go off which I love to fire her right after BT, and Joon/Caedmon were perfect snipers to kill. Aegir was their tank.

Definitely not the best combos of all, but not bad for my first go round at not having a rainbow team and using them in AW :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I just did 3-2 Melendor/Caed/Lianna/Cyprian/Seshat and beat Gaurdian Jackal w/BT tank in a raid! Wow this is amazing!

1 Like

Wait til you try mono… image

5 Likes

Give me your Alice :rofl:

2 Likes

I talk a little about color stacking on the Teams page of the wiki. While I was putting that page together, I also started this surprisingly popular thread here on the forums, if you’d like to look a little more in depth into ways peoples tend to color stack. I personally prefer a 3-2 stack with the 3 countering the enemy tank and the 2 providing strong support or countering an enemy flank.

It’s pretty common and surprisingly effective. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In the “Fighting familiar names” thread, I just posted about a revenge raid I had on someone who called me out (my first one ever! :wink: ).

Granted, I had a pretty good board, and it was a very close win, but I beat a 4270 rainbow defense with my 3667 stack of 3-2 purple/yellow, including just a 4-1 Cyprian among them.

Welcome to stacking. Beware the pitfalls, as an OK board for rainbow can sometimes be awful for a stacked team, but when it goes well, it can be a lot of fun. :slight_smile:

Good gaming!

6 Likes

I just read it very informative and I love the calculator you added in. And the other thread is great too thanks for sharing!

I’m still trying To understand when to use an “attack” (offense) team vs defense team…it just seems like why wouldn’t I want a team that has both the ability to attack the enemy as well as have defense against their hits too…

3 Likes

Woah that’s fearless but I’m sure powerful!

2 Likes

Got a 4-1 win, I’m addicted to this color stacking stuff lol

4 Likes

Welcome to the dark side. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An attack team is just what you are currently using against a defense. All heroes, whether offensive or defensive, can be used in an attack team. It’s just some are more preferred than others.

1 Like

It’s fun experimenting with different attack combinations, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Also, be careful that you’re not changing your defense team unintentionally.

1 Like

I have to create my defense team…I have Wilbur and Kiril in the works I think will be more prepared for a defense team once they are ascended. Right now BT/Grimm/LiXiu are my defense heroes that are strong.

1 Like

@ZEBRA I also have Some red tanks including ares that I will level up later on.

1 Like

@LadyAchilles I just wanted to let you know because I noticed that you had your purple stack in your defense team slot.

1 Like

@ZEBRA no you’re right it was a good catch I didn’t realize it thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

athena+Joon+musashi+cyprian+vivica

Misandra+athena+isarnia+boldtusk+wu

2 Likes

Hi there,
first sorry for my bad english. I play this game 22 Months and this is my favorite team, i used it in 75% from all my raids

7 Likes

Nice set up @mauri101010

1 Like