Rigard talent grid

Personally I think the Devs did this deliberately. When they bump the classes to +40, you will have to use emblems on +19 & +20 to reach +21.

I would be very surprised if Devs did not have a rough outline of the Talent grid up to +60 based on the way 3*+20 currently work.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming Elkanens % heal off the damage would be increased, no?

The current heal-boost does increase Elkanenā€™s returned HP. In the hypothetical ā€œincrease healing effectā€ I donā€™t know how it would work.

1 Like

And for comparison, Kunchen without any stat boosts:

At +18 Rigard will get +36 Health. And so a Rigard+20 is a bit squishier than Kunchen, but as solid as most 5*. The trade-off is really Rigardā€™s average mana vs. Kunchenā€™s slow manaā€”which also comes with a number of bells and whistles.

Kunchenā€™s immunity to -defense is a big factor in his favor. My usual choice for a flanking Gravemaker is to bring Athena (with either Alasie or Ariel), so Iā€™m always pained by this immunity on a Kunchen at tank with flanking GM.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all of this great information (and for showing the talent tree)! I was just agonizing over which way to go in Rigardā€™s talent grid and I appreciate that you did the work for me. I love those stats but have one question: because Rigard heals a % of health, is there a reason for the priority of defense over health? @AirHawk @Dragonst666 maybe itā€™s all a wash in the end but was just curious

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my Rigard. I went the health route primarily. Heā€™s a beast right now with his health at over 1300. I use a lvl 10 crit troop on him and heā€™s a beast. His health is 1382 and defence 846 with the Crit troop

2 Likes

He heals 42% of the team mates health, not the equivalent of 42% of his own! So the reason for def over hp is because overall its more beneficial.

It simple terms
36 extra hp means exactly that, he can take an extra 36pts damage before death. Which is not a lot

But 36 extra def, means he can take say 100 extra hit points, because of the way the attack algorithm works outā€¦ If you search on forum there are equations to show this. Worked out by much smarter ppl than me

But def stats will always make a hero much harder to kill than hp

1 Like

This is him finished in terms of stat benefits on the class tree

finished just in time for me completing ariel, so she will get all future cleric emblems. While rigs will keep his, basically giving me 2 5* healers

1 Like

Except you donā€™t get 36 extra defense per node, you get 18. And if you get 72 extra health for those same 2 nodes plus 42% healing of said 72 extra health and you are basically at the same net gain (though it presumes he fires). Nevermind the boost on health seems to be more significant with troops further valuing the healing %.

BUT it all comes down to how you use your heroes when it comes to choosing paths - there really isnā€™t a correct answer.

Elkanen heals himself, and heā€™s fast too. I think healing route is much better for him than Rigard.

I have both heroes and Iā€™ve been pondering on what to do with cleric emblems. Regards need fast mana. I have Triton to multiply his healing anyway.

While Iā€™m on the topic, I wanted to find out If his mana resist means that he canā€™t be affected by Li Xiu mana special?

Cleric talent resist any negative mana effects like: cutting off mana (li, chaoā€¦etc) stopping heroes from generating mana (hel, proteusā€¦etc) or decreased mana gain ( LJ, alasieā€¦etc) and abilities that silence heroes (peter, mikiā€¦etc) and I think it resist merlinā€™s ailment too (I didnā€™t test it cuz I donā€™t have him but according to the tooltip it should does)

2 Likes

I just want to clarify something. The 4% boost to health at the endā€¦ Now obviously, from items, heā€™d be the only one to benefit from healing. But to be clear, when he does his heal, is it ā€œhe heals 4% betterā€ which means everyone in the party heals a little better? or is it ā€œhe receives 4% more healing from the heal than everyone else?ā€