Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

any chance reuben, a trash hero, will be buffed?

reuben almost good at nothing

1 Like

I’m F2P and somehow got 2 of him on a 10 pull (tears aplenty here). I leveled him and chucked some emblems on him. He is pretty useless but I enjoyed the minions he gives the red guys. However, his hit is just so weak I have finally stripped him of his emblems and he will go dusty on my bench now

1 Like

It’s good for wasting space :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He is really good during Magic Tower. Can stand 5 curses, is fast and hit 3. With attack boost blesses he is performing quite well.

1 Like

I only have 3 good red heroes. Is my weakess colour by far. So when I got Reuben I decided to give him a try and level him up with emblems. That was like 6 months ago.

Today still only have 3 good red heroes and Reuben is stripped and never been used. He is useless. Its better to level azlar or a second marjana.

Dunno if he is going to receive a boost or not, but in his actual state is a piece of ■■■■.

Compared to my other red heroes he is a golden nugget.

He is fast, does 3x215% damage, little minions (better than nothing)…

The values of the % HP and attack are missing.

It is already reported as a bug.
Lot of other heroes are affected.
Staff is investigating it.

3 Likes

O.k., thank you, have not found a topic about these bugs. Where can i find which heroes are affected?

Here’s the bug thread

2 Likes

Just re-reading @D_DI’s awesome thread. @Chein would you care to share your experience with Rueben?

I have Reuben at 3.70 and remain curious about players’ experience with their maxed Reuben.

2 Likes

Here is mine. As he’s my only non S1 red 5*, I maxed him, no regrets. Hits okish, with a sometimes usefull buff and some minions. I actually prefer taking Reuben rather then marjanna, who I use seldomly.

I still hope they will buff up his damage to like 250 or 270%, that will make him on par rather then sub par (but not useless)

6 Likes

Rereading his card, is a fiend an ailment? Reducing that damage may be useful situationally.

:beers:

1 Like

I use him in my mono red attack team. I don’t actually mind him that much now. He is more effective than Tyr, who I have been extremely disappointed with. Survives quite nicely and hits harder with the Marjana C hit first.

1 Like

Fiend is more like a minion, not an ailment. Reuben can reduce damage from DoT damage like poison, burn, water, Gullinbursti’s hit (I guess). But why would I take him when I can take a cleanser?
He can be useful when you don’t have Gazelle, but you have to fight a hero that can apply an undispellable ailments. How many of them are there? This part of his skill is very niche.

4 Likes

Mana Shield Cleric. Works extremely well with certain heros but like all things loose lips sink ships. I love the off the radar sleepers!!! Happy Gaming!

I have no idea what this means… Could you be more specific? In another thread you said that you found a great synergy in your team with Reuben. Why won’t you share your secret with us?

3 Likes

Yes, I’d have to test it, but I’m pretty sure Reuben won’t affect the damage done by fiends, as a fiend isn’t an ailment.
Also: Gulli’s damage is not an ailment afaik, so I don’t think it will help with that. Maybe the damage from mindless attack, as mindless itself is an ailment? But again, not sure.

His reduction indeed helps against DoT’s, esp. when it is undispellable, or when your cleanser isn’t ready. Indeed a bit niche, but can help against Ravens, or the like of costune azlar.

As I said, he’s far from the best, but for FTP (or CTP with poor luck), you have to use what you got, and I feel he’s at least as usefull as S1 5*-heroes.

1 Like

Works against gulli, as it is a status aliment that does damage.

Doesn’t work because mindless Attack the status effect changes the description of the special skill, it does no direct damage. The damage comes when the mana is full and the hero affected fires his altered skill, so no reduction.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this, how his damage is treated. Not like a direct damage from a special skill (like i.e. Lianna’s), because it cannot be dodged by Kadilen. So it’s more like an ailment (because poison, burn once applied can’t be dodged either), but somebody needs to test that.

Could you name heroes that apply undispellable DoT? I can’t think of any right now. :woman_facepalming:

Kind of agree with this. I have plenty of rings, so I ascended him, but still not maxed. I will use him mostly as a sniper.

1 Like