Reduced ham cost troop leveling (The germ of an idea, sanitized by peer review) *Updated for use with 1* troops!

Just a bump to the thread, now updated with data for 1* bootstrap troop leveling, by popular request (see OP).

1 Like

Thanks for adding that analysis in there also…!

Picking up this post again @Prajna
Now that they in version 50 will remove the limit of 10 inputs pr. training session, this idea might be relevant again. The limitation will be how much food you can store.
I farm a lot, so I have hundreds of 1* troops, but I am running out of 2* troops after getting magic troops. With upcoming Styx troops also, it is more important for me (at least in the beginning) to get the most out of my ham vs. saving 1* troops that will never be used.

I use the 1* up til level 5, and then mix in the 2* to achieve most efficient training

Not sure if this will work, the wording was the food cost will be dynamic, if anything it may end up costing more to level cause we can’t bring a hero or a troop close to a level then dumb 10+ heroes/troops into them

Edit: I really wish it would work cause I figured at max ham on a level 1 troop you could put in 100s of troop feeders immediately if it was not costing more as levels were obtained.

I made some comparisons, with only 1* troops it would cost you the current max amount of food (3318K, or close to it as if I added 1 more it would go over the max) and you would get 4* troop from level 1 to 7.

With 2* troops getting the same amount of XP it would cost 1.4M food.

And with 3* troops it would cost 539K food.

3 Likes

Thanks, I think this just proves the cost escalates while levelinv… If the cost was that of feeding a level 1 troop (11k ham) for each feeder I calculated you could shove in 301 feeders at max ham. However with the dynamic food cost it just goes up as you level the troop so there is not really a ham benefit in the new bundled leveling in terms of ham, but more so in terms of clicks.

2 Likes

“Dynamic food cost”…, sigh, that kind of unmade my day