1-star troops

So, I’m out of higher level/star troops and all I have are 1-star ones. Is it beneficial/efficient to max their level AND THEN feed them off to 4-star mana troops? Will that be a good use of ham or shall I use my ham elsewhere? Has anyone did the maths on this? Thank you in advance!

Its not worth it, you will lose more ham and exp leveling 1* first and then feeding them to 4* troops.

2 Likes

This analysis is worth a read

2 Likes

I have tried that before.

Here’s what I discovered:

Each 1* Feeder troop is 40XP.

Upgrade 1 Troop from Level 1 to 3= Feed 5x 1* Feeder troops. This consumes 25k ham.

A Level 3 1* Troop is now worth 56XP.

You have sacrificed 200XP and 25k ham for an increase of 16XP.

I continued levelling.

Upgrade 1 Troop from Level 3 to 5 = Feed another 23x 1* feeders. With level up ham savings, it costs me 145k ham.

A Level 5 1* Troop is now worth 72XP.

By now, I had sacrificed 28 Feeder Troops worth 1120XP and 170k ham to get 1x Level 5 Feeder that’s worth only 72XP.

Is it worth it ?

To me, No because free feeder troops need to be farmed or received from daily summons, whereas ham will continue to regenerate.

What did I do with my horde of 1* feeder troops?

At that level 23: I mixed them up with higher value feeder troops 2/3* and fed them away bit by bit. Inching slowly and painfully to 29.

Then I blitzed my way to 30 with hoarded 4* feeders painstakingly saved over a period of time.

4 Likes

I heard someone say one… Level a 1* a free then fed them to a 4*… You save ham… But do get a bump in xp… It’s never been something i was willing to do… I just waited for 2/3* to feed to the 4*…

1 Like