4* Troop leveling costs

troops

Did some stupid math a while back on money, someone recently asked me to look at ham and figured others might be interested.

Some trivial Excel work nothing fancy, list of assumptions are:

• 4* troops are pulled 10% of the time if rolling
  • 1*/2* fodder from farming or other sources is split 50/50

The rest I think is self explanatory: note these are all averages so it could be more or less expensive as a result though in the general ballpark. Also, for the gem expenditure you effectively wind up getting all 5 color 4* troops to max because of equal probability on pulling troop colors, but all the math is done looking at one troop only and that’s explicitly true on the ham side.

@small giant

Are you serious

This was designed for end-game players.

Hence the overwhelming advice to not focus on them anytime soon when new. Even calling it what it is, where I can earn something like 2m ham per day, if I had the fodder (1/2*'s no less) I could get 5 x 30 4* troops within a year.

That’s not necessarily unreasonable, but it is one of the reasons it’s pretty rare to see anyone with troops over 11-12 if they were leveling them without copious troop rolls.

It’s expensive, but I can see it; plus the fact I’ve won even on my alt against players that have level 30 troops on their defense, I don’t see it as that much of an issue TBH.

I think your 10 pulls column is incorrect. 3* troops give 200 xp, and 4* give 400 xp.

For a single 10 pull, assuming you get a 10% change of a 4*, that’s 2200 xp available to feed.

So to get to level 1, that 10 pull column value should be 450 / 2200 or .2045.

Only 46400 gems are needed to get the required troop feeders from the 10 troop summons based on my excel-fu.

So I implemented leftover XP from a 10 pull to complete a level and came up with 48000 gems required now :smiley: