Ranvir – New June 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

I’m not sure why they didn’t reuse that description for clarity, but it does also apply to Offensive Specials Skills.

8 Likes

Ok thanks! that is a big difference because and emblemed WK is almost as good I feel. Darts will go to Posiden :smiley:

1 Like

Almost as good works when?.. what almost might work is give Wilbur all those emblems and get Ranvir.

1 Like

After going thorough all the comments, I guess Ranvir worth every gems. The only problem is whether I am lucky enough to be able to pull him…sigh!

1 Like

Card descriptions are always a balance between clarity, brevity and info.

Blind debuff, and thus Gambler’s stance which uses the same rules/ coding, did not originally effect special skills .

2 Likes

There are some important differences between Ranvir and Wu Kong:

• Ranvir is Fast, Wu is Average
  • Ranvir does a direct strike (before applying his buff); Wu is strictly a utility hero
  • Ranvir is immune to poison (waves to Sartana and Proteus)
  • Ranvir adds an undispellable 46% defense against dark to himself and all Holy allies
  • Ranvir’s chance to miss and buff don’t apply when when you’re ahead of a foe in health; Wu’s always applies

The mana speed and elemental defense make him extra good against dark titans. The health-check is a big plus, I think, in raids/wars. There is nothing more frustrating that having that last foe a single tile away from death, dropping that tile, and finding the it misses because of Wu. I lost a war battle just yesterday because of this (on my alt).

20 Likes

Finally someone who works well with Mok-arr! lol! As Mok hits Ran as teammate, reducing his HP, keeps his health lower that the other team.

Wouldn’t it be funny if Mok-Arr got hit by teammates ripostes? I could just see him now, using a Ranvir’ed up dark wave only to deal himself 3k damage in ripostes completely obliterating himself.

I feel like the Ninja Turtles reject would kinda deserve that.

4 Likes

What is the icon for Ranvir’s special? Because it has different rules from Gambler’s, would it also stack with Wu for Titans?

As said several times, his special does not stack with other hyper attack buffs, eg Wu, Tarlak and Brienne. Those will replace each other.

3 Likes

Yes it is very different. I’ve won several raids beceusa he didn’t miss. That’s fantastic and he is applying extra demage to adv strong in health. It’s fantastic raiding with ranvir

Yes but it stacks with zimkitha or boldtusk. And it’s awesome…

1 Like

Berserk buffs (Brienne / Namahage / Khiona) do stack with Gamble / Mystic Virtue: 📑 Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190. Berserk buffs are not overwritten by the dice buffs. However they are overwritten by any other attack buffs and ailments.

Technically the dice buffs also do stack with Tarlak, but that is not a good stack. Tarlak’s normal attack up buff forces a 160% attack cap, so it ends up being a really bad combo:

• Ranvir alone = 195% attack boost with -35% accuracy ailment
  • Ranvir + Tarkal = 160% attack boost with -35% accuracy ailment

So Tarlak and Wu Kong / Ranvir shouldn’t be used together; either one or the other.

@TheSchmoo in the link I provided above you can see which buffs overwrite each other. If it’s not listed, then it stacks. As you can see, Wu and Ranvir do overwrite each other, so they don’t stack.

8 Likes

Comments from a bunch of people who haven’t used him? Lol, give it time. People will start complaining soon.

He does looks promising on the card.
Gamers who used to Wu’s missed usually didn’t mind having Ranvir around.

Did someone already tried him with Onatel? Her “Resist Blind” ability might be nice to mix with Ranvir’s attack buff.

It should but Onatel isn’t a heavy hitter

True. But with extra buff she is nearly there.

This has already been tested with Gambler’s Stance. Onatel still misses. Because Mystic’s Virtue/ Gambler’s Stance is a buff, Onatel’s Resist Blind specifically excludes it. If I Recall Correctly, it is even mentions in the resist text.

2 Likes

Yes is good. Also I stack with Drake. Too. Ranvir Drake and onatel. What a trio