Please help F2P player decide heroes to train

Hi all,

I didn’t know a forum like this existed until this week lmao… it would’ve saved me from a lot of bad decisions and game strategies had I hopped on here sooner. Oh well.

Anyways, I’ve been reading your posts these days and familiarizing myself with different game tactics, and now I’m wondering if y’all can help me decide on what heroes to train. As shown below, I have a plethora of three star heroes and I am just a little confused as to which one to priorize.

Thank you so much!

Prioritize building first 3 star teams, then the 4 star and last the 5.
Although as I see you skipped this! :grinning:
5 stars: Odin (of course), Joon and Viscaro (this one level up to 3/70 and then decide)
4 stars: Zita Lei, Wilbur, Sabina, Sonya, Caedmon, Kyril, Tiburtus, Cyprian, Skittleskull, Sapphire, Gormek
3 stars: Hawkmoon, Bjorn, Bane, Gunnar, Belith, Namahage, Valen, Isshtak, Balthazar

The trainer heroes once you decide who to level you should use them

5 Likes

Thank you so much!! Yeah I just kind of jumped on the five stars as soon as I drew then from the summons lol. And now there are way too many three stars to go through.

Hi @cleft1997

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Great advice above.

I would also recommend levelling up your 3* heroes first! They will help you through map stages and challenge events.

For your 3* roster: Gunnar, hawkmoon and Brienne are ‘must’; they will help your teams. Then do Bjorn, Sudri and Namahage

For your 4* heroes: you need more healers so finish Triton then do Kiril. He’s one of the best healers and will be a staple in your teams for a long time. Hope you get other 4* healers - Boldtusk, Rigard and Melendor are great heroes so if you summon any just level up. I’d also suggest levelling up Tibertus and Gormek and Sapphire!

Odin is one of the best 5* heroes! If you have the mats :slight_smile:

Also your alliance leader and alliance members should be able to give you sound advice!

Good luck and happy gaming

7 Likes

Thank you so much! Just two follow up questions:

1. What are the “mats” you referred to in the last paragraph? Haha I am so new to the lingo
  2. Any three star heroes I should feed to other heroes? There are too many rn i think.

Mats: the rare (unfarmable) materials needed to upgrade 4* to 4th and especially 5* to 3rd and 4th tier. The droprate for 4th tier of 5* is very low.

For 3*: you can feed all S1 3* not mentioned above; most are only used later in the game when you get their costume, and those come with another hero. Also TC and summons will give you plenty of S1 3* heroes.

3 Likes

I slightly disagree about the 3* first part. A good 4* hero will be better half-leveled than most 3*. So for map stages I suggest better do 4*. For challenge events it depends on whether you can already finish the rare stage.

I would level same-color feeders only for 20% more xp.
For holy I would suggest you finish Odin or Joon when you have the ascension mats, and do Leonidas until then, because I don’t like you other options that much.
For dark I suggest you level Viscaro to 3-70 at least and then do Tiburtus. I like Tyrum as well, but don’t forget to finish some of the almost finished ones as well.
Red: Gormek is nice, but I think costume Hawkmoon is one of the strongest 3* heroes, thus I suggest you level her first and do her costume then. Sudri is nice as well, but only for 3* rush tournaments and it will take a while before you can be competitive there.
Green is a bit short, definately finish Caedmon, he is great, after that you can finish Brienne, and lets hope you have other greens by then. Isshtak can be nice as well, I think.
Blue: Definately level Kiril! Maybe finish Triton first, but Kiril is really great.

1 Like

You are F2P so until you have at least 4-5 rainbow 3* & 4* teams, I would not recommend feeding any 3* heroes! Keep your training camps running 24/7! Aim to level up your stronghold as soon as possible so you can run your training camps at level 2 and 11!

You will need at least 3-4 rainbow teams e.g. team of 5 colours!

So:

1. Yellow 3*: bane - gan ju - kailani (who is pretty much a yellow Gunnar)
  2. Blue: Gunnar - valen - Gato - graymane (not my fav but you don’t have any alternatives at the moment but I’d leave him last as you may get a better one like ulmer)
  3. Purple: Balthazar - tyrum - bjorn - chochin and renfeld
  4. Green: belith - brienne - carver - ishhtak and maybe muggy as he has a high tile damage
  5. red: Vollermork (already maxed) - jahangir - hawkmoon - sudri - namahage

Asc mats are materials needed to level up your heroes. Like compass, gloves, orbs, capes etc. You will see these in your inventory. To level up a 4* star hero you will need 1 compass + 1 glove and 4 colour specific ascension mats! These are not farmable! You can get these from challenge events, Titan hits, chest etc. So build up some solid 3* teams and try to complete challenge events.

Agree with Caedmon as above and also Sonya!

Leave the 5* heroes on the bench for the time being! A fully maxed 4* is better than a 5* sitting at 3:70! But Odin is great!

Patience is what’s needed in this game :+1:

Good luck and enjoy

3 Likes

Maybe except for Graymane I think you should keep all your heroes.
Well, maybe Vollermork, but he is already completely leveled up, so keep him. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Everyone’s so friendly and helpful here :sob:!! Thank you all so much!!

2 Likes

In my honest opinion I would focus on:
3* - finish Hawkmoon and then her costume, finish Gunnar, Bjorn, Brienne. Work on Sudra, Chochin, Namahage, Gato, Azar and costume, Valen. Then work on the costume for Gan Ju. Don’t feed any others away yet.
I would do all of those before working anymore on 4*/5* heroes
Then come back and ask about your 4* hero roster
Good luck

Edit: please consider joining a training alliance to help you with your gameplay and any required hints and tips etc

2 Likes

Ignore my advice @cleft1997

I’d listen to @JGE at all times!

We have a fantastic community here! You are more than welcome and hope you have some fun!

1 Like

re feeding away heroes, the main driver to do that is lack of roster space. You only have 65 slots so far, so buying more is relatively cheap now. a good question to think about is, in the future how will you approach 3* challenge events/raid tournaments, will they be important for you? then you would want a broader roster

also, would you be a collector? will it be important to have one of each unique hero? if not… already from your roster, Graymane is a candidate to feed away (but not yet! even now, a 1/1 3* can be useful in some places like the first level of Tavern of Legends, maybe :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Welcome to the forum… Best advice place on the game with people willing to help. :+1:
Search function is always handy type a hero name in if your unsure about them be advice on them etc… Enjoy yah stay :tada:

@cleft1997 enjoy!

Hi friends! I have been heeding your advice, and I’ve managed to level up multiple 3 stars at this point. But now my roster is swelling up with duplicates and random 3 stars again. Can y’all help me clean up my roster again? Thanks!

Personally I wouldn’t keep duplicates of Isshtak, Kailani, Brienne etc.
And if you need the roster space then your option is to feed away any S1 3* hero that you have worked on because to be honest they are cheap to come by and turn up frequently.
Whatever you choose to do - good luck

I agree with JGE, any 3* and possibly even 4* season 1 duplicates you haven’t worked on can go. If you’re doing a few summons here and there, they will pop back up.

I would also suggest working on tyrum and tiburtis. Both of them with costume are amazing. They’re really good for the tourneys.

1 Like

You need an alliance or better Han the one you’re in. They make all the difference in game progress and enjoyment.

generally, I keep one of each hero even if they are really bad. are you the same, or are you willing to feed away heroes that you may never use? because there are some 3* there that are not very good… :slight_smile:

agree with the above about dupes though, you do not need 2x Ishtak or Brienne. you may not even need 2x Li Xiu, she is great on defense but 1 is enough

would also be easier to comment if you organize/sort the heroes by element :slight_smile: