Pick a Green: Gadeirus, Gobbler or Kashhrek?

hey all, can you help me prioritize: what should be the order in which I work on these heroes? My usual style is working on one hero per color at a time.

Among Greens, currently I have:

• Margaret maxed +1
  • Gregorion 3/41 (will bring to 3/70 while waiting for mats; and yes, I got him AFTER I had used tonics on Margaret :slight_smile: )
  • Jack O’Hare maxed +7
  • Skittleskull maxed +3

not really the best Green team I know, but you play with what you get…

Currently have 8 shields and 2 tonics, so am comfortable in using up all the shields while waiting for 4 more tonics. Will definitely earn 4 more shields before I earn 4 more tonics for Greg!

Priorities: Green stacking in challenge events, raid/war offense, Titans, raid tournaments. For Blue Titans I currently use Brienne +6, Margaret, Jack, Skittles (will be replaced by Greg when Greg is maxed), and Grimm 3/70, though I don’t think any of these 3 would be useful there…

Not really thinking of Raid/war defense, I know Kashhrek would be decent there but I already have Kiril, Gormek and Li Xiu as serviceable tanks. However, Raid TOURNAMENT defense could be a consideration, as there may be situations where a Green tank is useful (Kashhrek, if no Reds are allowed?)

If I pull another Green (hoping for Caedmon, Melendor or LJ!), I will of course revisit. But for now, assuming I won’t get any new Greens as I don’t plan to spend any money :slight_smile: I do have two TC20s, but have had poor luck so far.

How would you order these 3 in terms of priority for ascending?

thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had three of them plus Caedmon at +8 and Melendor at +3.
I find Gadeirus as the most useful among the three. A mini version of Ares.
Poor Kashhrek used to be a good tank. Too good he only attack the opponents once in a blue moon! Quite hard to deal with for a beginner but we had since overgrown him.
Gobbler? With such a low defense, SG should at least buff him to fast mana so that he stand a chance to gobble all those minions of Delillah and the Santa team.
While Gadeirus and Kashhrek had been going to war on countless time, Gobbler stuck at 3 60 collecting dust.

6 Likes

Gadeirus has various uses, my favourite is to team him with Horghall and/or LJ (skittleskull would also work). He charges with them and then buffs the attack.

Kasshrek only really good now in 4* tournaments if you have a better tank already.

Gobbler is a chocolate teapot.

7 Likes

thanks @AliceCooper, @JonahTheBard! As I suspected, Gadeirus would be the most versatile (and yeah, would charge mana at the same time as Skittles, giving an extra strong hit of Skittles’ special).

So I think:

Gadeirus > Kash > Gobbler would be the best order.

6 Likes

Gaderius - Kash - Derik - Aife - Gobbler :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gadeirus then Kashrek. Gobbler’s not worth the mats in my opinion

3 Likes

thanks both :slight_smile: glad everyone has the same opinion, easy choice!

I just pulled Gad last AR, leveled him up to 4/40 and he’s more useful than Kash. Although with field aid in AW and Kash flanking or even in a wing, he can still be a PITA to deal with if the board doesn’t go your way. But that’s all Kash is, a meat shield. Gad is much more versatile. Good choice and Good Luck!!

(Actually somehow ended up with 3 Gad’s last AR, guess I broke the “nope you ain’t getting him seal? Hope that happens with Wilbur and/or Proteus soon. Although Wilbur more-so since I almost gave Hel maxed)

6 Likes

thanks PapaHeavy!

and good luck with Wilbur! I’ve been trying for him in vain too… but I’m happy I got two of Proteus - and the first Proty was my second ever 4*, so I’ve been quite blessed with my Purples at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s pretty sweet @sleepyhead!! May RNGesus continue to smile upon you. Happy Farming!!

1 Like

thanks @PapaHeavy, and best of luck to you too re Wilbur and Proteus! But at least you have Hel, that’s a pretty good alternative :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gadeirus. He’s useful on titans with his ATT boost and heal.

Gobbler is arguably one of the worst 4*.

3 Likes

Nah, in order to get both, you may need to sacrifice a goat. Just like Rumpel back in the Grimforest, It took me another chicken from the grocery store to finally pull Proteus…lol.
Btw, I hate Gobbler so much I feed a 2 60 and another raw Gobbler to Lianna 2 months back.

2 Likes

Kash is a GREAT tank for lower level teams…We now have more minion throwers so Gobbler might be looking up?? I have NOT used him to know

2 Likes

@Rohn, although Kash is still king for AW with Field aid though :joy:

Edit: Should be called “Field AIDS” because no one ever wants it.

6 Likes

Problem was Gobbler easily run out of breath on 100m run. And the likes of Delilah, Santa, MN and Red Hood barely run a few steps.
Unless Gobbler is either buff to fast mana, his defence up to at least 550 or health to over 13xx, I doubt he will ever featured in diamond on regular basis.
Then again, frogs are not suppose to compete against the tigers and bears…lol.

3 Likes

Gadeirus. I use him a lot more often than I thought I would.

2 Likes

I highly recommend Gaderius. He is a good hero for stacking especially with jack o hare.

2 Likes

Gderius!
recently started taking him to titans and broke my max titan hit record, which was previously set with elemental debuff. this time greens were Caedmon, Mel and Gad - no elemental debuff. highly recommend.

2 Likes

You know what? I was faced with the exact same dilemma not long ago!

I had Gadeirus, Kashhrek and Gobbler all at 3/60. Gobbler was the obvious choice NOT to ascend, so he was out of the equation pretty fast. I now only use him to farm in season one. His special can one-shot all lower level monsters, which makes him a quite efficient farmer.

But the choice between Gadeirus and Kashhrek was a hard one. I tested them both extensively in battle and consulted with my alliance members a lot. In the end, I decided to prioritize Gadeirus. The reason is simple: Kashhrek might be a better tank; but Gadeirus is a better hero overall. He is more useful in a lot more places.

3 Likes