šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

My alliance isnā€™t even going to bother with it. The rewards are meh, and the curses are too luck based. We like skill based stuff. I got to level 30 or so, and Iā€™m done with it. Iā€™ve lost most of my good heros, I have 30 legendary heros, and get 1-2 curses through each playthrough.

Itā€™s a garbage event imho. If I canā€™t make it through with the heros I have, thereā€™s no chance a lower level player can get even close, which just discourages new users. If the curses were reworked so theyā€™re more skill based, i.e. can be reversed, have clear solutions within the 3 turns, not just guesses, it might be worth attempting.

1 Like

I finished the event today & it will be the last time. Honestly, the grind was awful! Iā€™ve been playing this for 2 1/2 yrs & like many, the daily grind wears me down & itā€™s not enjoyable anymore. So what does SG do? Create even more grind. Itā€™s pretty much an hour a day, just for this one event, then thereā€™s monster/hero/titan chests, tournaments & war on top of that. Itā€™s too much time. If you want to make it better spread it over a month or so, so that itā€™s only an extra 10 minutes out of our day. That would also allow users to not break the bank crafting battle items. & maybe award loot tickets so some of us can just bypass the time it takes to farm for the monster chest.

Lastly, after completing it players only get 102 coinsā€¦so one free pullā€¦oneā€¦I got Balthazar for an event that took me over 5 hours to play. Enough said.

2 Likes

Here is the answer:ā€¦

2 Likes

I just finished it and must say I really enjoyed it. Yes itā€™s a bit time consuming but SO much better than Tavern of Legends,

I also enjoyed the challenge. I have been playing for over 3 years with an ok bench (c2p) but donā€™t have the fast fingers to rate in events. I was very pleased to finish top 50k here. I also thought the item drops were a pleasant surprise given how item expensive it is.

In contrast, my f2p account with a thin bench even after 2 years really struggled and I chose to stop after level 40. I am OK with thatā€¦ it gives me something to improve next time. It is nice to have something that stretches the long time players a bit

4 Likes

While the curses certainly rely on luck a bit, there are some strategies that helpā€¦shuffle board, keep diamond and dragons to pop when curses appear etc. I enjoyed that part of it, although I understand not everyone would

I clear the oni stone as slow as possible (preferably as the count remaining is 1). I notice that there can only be 1 stone at the board, by delaying to clear them, I slow down the next stone appearance. If the stone can already be matched but the count is still more than 1, I chose to use some turn to play other puzzle which is far from the stone.

3 Likes

I feel you. When I finished the event I was around top 200, then continued droppingā€¦ yesterday was top 1000, today I woke up into top 7,000. Didnā€™t want to spend too much resources for it to rush through it, but it is disappointing that being in top 0.5% players (judging from weekly tournaments, where around 12,000 place in leaderboard you are still in 1%) gives you rewards of 7th tier. What the hell. The rewards could as well not be there at all as they will only be for so few, and even for them, they are soooo cheap. This really ruins the entire excitement for this event for me.

1 Like

A number of the strategies are consolidated in this topic:

1 Like

That is a good guideā€¦

I finally finished the test on Saturday even though I was decimated by the curse but in the end everything went well!
The paradox of the case was that the difficulty I encountered on floors 41-45 I did not encounter at 46-50 !! They seemed harder to me! In the last two levels I used them:
-Fenrir (monster)
-Ariel(+13)
-Cyprian(+13)
-Triton(+18)
-GOD PROTEUS!!
Sir i used for items Tornados and Time Freeze!
My place until today round 9500

SG need to work on mob positioningā€¦you canā€™t read the attack counter:

3 Likes

I realized that my overall loot wasnā€™t changing early on after missing much of the first 2 days unable to play much, and the tower being, and that I just wasnā€™t feeling it as useful.

Managed to come up a with a useful plan for final day today. Use ninja tower on autoplay to fill chests while losing. Beats using valuable world energy that might be needed for PoV or to push in S3ā€¦

Day 5

Only did 6 attacks the last day.
Managed to beat stage 43 but 5 losses on 44 caused my best 6 heroes to loose.
Only got leftovers even 5* but they canā€™t form a proper team.

Next time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad thatā€™s over with! I found it stressful, irritating (the constant curse stones punishing good play) and requiring WAY to much time. I played for well over an hour and still had two flags left, let alone the two rebuys I was planning for failed levels.

Iā€™ve literally had jobs that didnā€™t require as much time as this game demands.

3 Likes

Count me in the camp of folks who found NT way too time consuming. The Oni Curses were more stressful than fun. The rewards stunk for the investment. Not looking forward to this again.

2 Likes

i was also knocked one reward tier down. but ah well, was only going for completion anyway (I did some levels while reading the news, cooking breakfastā€¦) lol

2 Likes

Now that the event has ended some final notes from my side

Pros:

• Gameplay is really fun. Curses make you plan carefully around heroes you donā€™t want to lose just yet
  • Blessings are a cool mechanic although I think we could have seen some kind of tree instead of random 3 perks showing up

Cons:

• If you want to have a 50 level event, it needs to be a 10 day event, not 5. I will never finish this tower in itā€™s current state, between chests, titans and wars I donā€™t have time to play 10 additional levels which take some time to plan and play through
  • Repetitive bosses - I get that there are only 4 or 5 ninja heroes but what about throwing in a couple old Hotms every X levels to increase variety?
  • Reduction of over time effects - I get the point, but after a while DoT and HoT heroes are pretty much useless. In the current meta that means A LOT of heroes will do nothing but tile damage for you
3 Likes

Happy with that, might aim for top5000 next time with all flasks kept. :fox_face:

3 Likes

Final rank and rewards. Thatā€™s a total of 250 + 204 = 454 emblems from the event. No flasks used, and only cheap items. Detailed write up here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good to know, exactly 6k difference are exactly 1000 ranks difference, congrats :fox_face:

1 Like