New to the game and to the forum

What’s up everyone! I wish I had learned about this game years ago because it is absolutely addicting and I love it. Being new there are some things I’m struggling with. Specifically learning the characters abilities and how to structure my teams for each individual battle from Raids, Defense, Titans, Wars, etc. My max attack rating is just around 2.9 with my strongest players. I did purchase the $29.99 package recently in order do boost my characters and have many left to use after maxing out my 5 stars until I can get the rest of the materials needed to ascend.

Is there any great guides you guys know of that are a must read dealing with builds, tips, lists of strongest characters per star rating, etc?

These are my characters, only ones missing are Gunnar and Dawa since I couldn’t add 6 photos.

Which of these do yall recommend I focus on leveling up? The 3 and 4 star leagues get me confused I don’t know who to use.

5 Likes

You can probably find some useful tips here, from myself and many other knowledgable forum members

2 Likes

Welcome MattAvelar,

My number one piece of advice would be to Do Your Research, so you don’t waste resources.

I see that you have some 5 star heroes that you’ve been leveling… you can take some of them to 3/70 but before you waste valuable 4 star ascension materials you may want to research them through various online sources; such as, Hathor is a hell yes, Elkanen is a hell no. Joon can be a great hero at 3/70 for you to learn with but you’ll have much better choices as the game goes on.

The only other advice is to try to level your heroes with heroes of the same color. You get double the chance for their skill to go up and more experience as well.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

4 Likes

Welcome to the game and to the forums!

This is an old thread, but a lot of advice about basics still holds true

There is also a good collection of threads here

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum … and you’ve got great advice already for developing your hero roster.

Only thing I’d recommend is, if you haven’t already, join an established alliance that will mentor you on your E&P journey - there are many pitfalls they can help you avoid. Regularly defeating titans gives you access to 3*&4* ascension materials to level up your heros. You can check out the alliance recruitment area. Lots of great choices.

GL in your E&P journey.

3 Likes

Welcome, the game can be quite enjoyable if you manage to overcome frustrations about a few things - like the power creep or the fact that some things can change quite suddenly.

There is a lot of good advice around. But you will see some contradictory suggestions. Take it all with a grain of salt, different things may be valid in different contexts.

It’s ok to be free to play. It’s ok also to be pay to play. Just make sure you set yourself a reasonable target for spending and don’t chase heroes. The chances are very low to get a particular hero. And even if you get that hero, sometimes heroes are nerfed or some other heroes appear that can make the hero you thought to be so awesome partially obsolete.

Also, set yourself reasonable goals in the game. When I joined I was told that I can get at the very top as long as I am diligent. That it is possible even as a free for play or with moderate spending. Currently I think that it is extremely difficult to get at the very top without spending much more than the average person would afford. Maybe if you are extremely skilled and talented. But you can reach the upper intermediate tier of players without any problem as a free-to-play.

Finally, everyone will say the game is a marathon. Which is true. On the other hand, the power creep for the heroes and some different changes that appear can change things suddenly. So just try to enjoy with a framework of a few months ahead. Otherwise, things can be very different from one year to another.

4 Likes

When (if) you start spending, VIP is the best deal in the game hands down. The second builder, while you’re building, is really helpful. Plus it’s a steady supply of coins/emblems. Should you go further, Path of Valor is the next best deal, but will be better as you build your base up. Some of it’s daily quests require a developed base. Stay away from buying consumables. Many will be plentiful later on.

VIP + PoV is about $15/month (USD). That’s more than some would spend on a game, but it’s no where near a problem for most.

4 Likes

@MattAvelar … welcome!!!

I pretty much agree with what everybody is saying. The only thing I would add is remember it’s a marathon not a Sprint. Find the happiness in your own game don’t try to live up to others expectations. And find a group that share the same views as you. You need to find the fun in the game and not get caught up with trying to keep up with the Joneses. One last thing, something that’s very common sense but so many forget. In the end, this is just a game. Live within your budget, and remember there’s a whole life outside. The game is meant to be an escape not a replacement.

Happy gaming my friend.

:wine_glass: :popcorn:

4 Likes

Thanks brother, I have been doing as much research as I have time to do so when I reach a new problem to solve. The hardest part right now is the part that is just going to take time and that is understanding each characters abilities and why they are good or bad. As in what type of abilities/skills are the most dominant.

You mentioned Elkanen as a no, that is something I have felt for a while now simply because the direct damage is fractionally less than average due to the splash damage which is only effective on lower level farming monsters. He was one of first 5* I received.

Its funny i didnt expect to get hooked on the game. I use the app Swagbucks and they were giving away $50-$70 i cant remember exactly to create a new account, play and reach a certain level within a week or two. I reached my target cashed out but im honestly hooked now. I definitelt use the VIP and path to Valor when i know I can get far enough down the list to make it worthwhile which was difficult in the beginning being weak.

I look forward to the day when I become more valuable to my team in wars. Our alliance has some really great members.

Thank you all for your help and advice

2 Likes

Welcome @MattAvelar :smiley:

There’s several great tips and advice you can get from some YouTubers that play this game some even participate on this forum. Look up :eyes: Lion Roar Gamer on YouTube he has a great intro for beginners. Plus some of my other recommendations are Maul, anchor gaming, mr spock, empires and puzzles book, and several others.
Being fairly new ( I started playing last year in March) I found great advise on which buildings to level first, the importance of troops on your heroes, the synergies of teaming up certain heroes, it’s all very fascinating.
Join a good alliance where ppl are helpful and can coach you. Most of all have fun and remember at the end of the day it’s just a game; entertainment.
:smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to E&P MattAvelar.
You are already helping your alliance a lot by earning valuable points for your alliance by being a cleaner! :+1:
The more you develop your game the better you can clean and soon you will be able to do your first full attacks.

Wish you lot of fun and luck in the E&P world! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You just need to budget a lot / month then you can get really far

1 Like

Hi @MattAvelar
The best tip I can give you is dont get too emotionally invested in chasing heroes. Good heroes come randomly…take the long view…

And yeah… do read the threads here to see who SG intends to eg nerf… or which heroes are worth investing in …it can make all the difference in the world and will save you some mats

Cheers

2 Likes

You’ve gotten very good advice already …so I’ll just add another big Welcome!

2 Likes