Need help with Diamond raid defense

So not the top defensive heroes in the game, but a good collection of the 2nd tier ones. They’re serviceable.

1 Like

Never run Wu on defence.

Wu does fairly good in a defense when backed up by AoE strikers and Ranvir will also be good on this aspect.

2 Likes

Wu is cool everywhere, but always a bit of a gamble. I even met him as tank and lost due to missing dark tiles. Kept throwing at him, but the others also got charged and boom.

My def (4096 so far) without any hitter kept me at 2500 cups for month until today, but I’m already back. Inari came in for Danza, but no recognizable change. 2600 cups seems to be the magic gate. No def will keep you well above. Nice balance in the game.

Wu isn’t a defender. He does too easy.

I’m sure he isn’t a top defending heroes but I’m also sure that the defense I posted above is the best raid team he could field when it comes to holding cups.

My point is that he needs to be replaced ASAP if improvement is the goal.

So the advice is to pull for new heroes?
Well, everyone strives for better heroes but he were asking how to field his actual heroes and as we don’t even know if he have enough ascension materials to ascend his first 5* rainbow team I were just answering by suggesting a defensive raid formation.

Of couse Wu Kong woulnd’t fit a nomal Diamond defense, like any other 4* under 10+ emblems.

2 Likes

“Need help with diamond raid defence”

Help: —> step 1: replace Wu.

//end

1 Like

@Halifax Have you tried another tank instead of ares? I prefer drake then mis over ares, wondering if you tried them out and any noticeable differences.

I do have ascension mats to ascend Viv, Isarnia, and one green hero right now. I need one more tabard to be able to ascend Sartana, and two more rings for either Khagan or Azlar (I assume Azlar is the better choice here?). Enough meat and fodder to level them all up is another question, that takes time, but I’ll get there.

Azlar have a great attack score and he does well when paired with Isarnia but you already have Zimkitha as red hero and she is way better than Azlar…
having two red heroes could be a weakness for a defending team, I would use them only with a blue tank.

You could field this team when your 5* heroes would be at 4.80:

3 Likes

Our team runs red war defence tanks and I keep it consistent to see how changes (Ie emblems) effect it - I’d be running Aegir since I have maxed if it was up to me.

But I also want to run North + Lianna so the red tank baits the blues making the double greens less of a liability. In theory.

I run only 2 color defense at the moment :rofl:

Seems to work pretty ok without having any of the super heroes.

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions here. I’ve been using the suggested defensive lineup of Caed, Zim, Kiril, Li, and Sartana, and it’s been working reasonably well. I’m still losing some trophies, but I’m not dropping several hundred trophies each day.

1 Like

@Halifax: oh i just realized i raided you with exactly this team (having some more emblems). Enjoy your revenge and get back some cups, iron and meat… should not be a problem since i’m not so strong on defense… :slight_smile:

btw i used triton+10, kiril, rigard+16, Frida+4 and Richard+1 …Missandra and Lianna had a special… so wiithout some luck with the blue tiles i would have greatly failed against your strong team…