[Master] - Hero Level Maxed but Special Skill is Not

:speech_balloon: Master Thread - Hero Level Maxed but Special Skill is Not

Master thread for the frequently posted query/ bug/ issue that a Heroes level has reached the maximum but the Hero Special Skill has not (i.e. is less than 8/8)

This problem also denies the use of the “Talent Tree” and Emblems until the Special Skill has been maxed also.

:question: What is the Issue?

The issue at hand is that in levelling a hero up, there is only a CHANCE each time that the special skill will level up also. This occasionally results in situations where the Hero Level can no longer advance (i.e. is maxed out or at a Material Wall) but the Special Skill has not yet reached 8/8 and hence is not a maximum strength.

This problem most commonly occurs with 3-Star Heroes or 3 & 4-Star Costumes due to the lower feeding requirements.

The second problem (and most argue is more an issue) is that without having BOTH the max level AND the Special Skill at 8/8, the hero is UNABLE to use Emblems.

Examples:

3* Guardian bat - Max Level (3-50), Special Skill at 3/8

:white_check_mark: The Solution

Heroes who have reached their maximum level can receive ADDITIONAL (Further) feeding specifically to level up their special skill.
When a hero has reached MAX LEVEL (i.e. final ascension AND final level), the hero can continue to be fed.

To do this,

1. Open your Roster
  2. Tap on the hero CARD in your roster NOTE: using the “Level-Up” button from the roster proper WILL NOT work…
  3. Hit “Level-Up” (you’ll note that the ascend button is greyed out)
  4. Select the feeders you with to use to increase the Special Skill.
Step-by-Step in Picture Format

1. Open your roster & tap the hero CARD from the Roster

2. From the hero card, tap the “Level Up” button

3. Select your feeders as usual :slight_smile:

You will note that the special skill has an INCREASED likelihood of going up now that the hero level is maxed:
→ Rule is that normal Chance is given a 5x multipyer… so 2% becomes 10% etc…

Personally

What I personally do when this occurs is I feed 7x 1-star on colour feeders for a 70% chance. I’m enough of a gambling man that I’ll take those odds :wink:

:loop: Material Wall Locked

Unfortunately there is no mechanic in the game to level-up a hero Special Skill while a hero is at a Material Wall (i.e. an ascension point). This really only applies to 4* heroes at 3-60 or 5* heroes at either 2-60 or 3-70.

The reason being that there is still further levelling that can occur… once you ascend them.

If this situation ocurrs, you will have to either:
a) make do with them at x/8 special skill; or
b) bite the bullet & ascend the hero.

Example:
4* Skittleskull - Material Wall (3-60), Special Skill at 7/8

11 Likes

Over time, I hardly experience issue with special skills leveling, most of the 4 rarity in my roster are 8/8 at 3/60 and 5 rarity are 8/8 at 2/60… During the first and 2nd tiers, I call it skill leveling, hence give it rapt attention to ensure maximum skill levels are achieved, so far I only have about 3 variants…Inari7/8 @ 2/60, Danza 7/8 @ 3/60 and Quintus.7/8@2/60.
Once max skills are achieved, the rest is kitchen sink approach.

2 Likes

I have a level and ascension maxed Balthazar but his specialty talent (electric jolt) will not increase. I did get it to go up a notch (5 to a 6) by feeding him another Balthazar. Could this be a bug with the hero ? I tried all kinds of feeding (no 5*) but he will not advance. Help or suggestions ?

1 Like

Feed balthazar 10 1* or 5 2* dark feeders. That will guarantee 100% special level up with a maxed out hero. Keep doing this until he reaches 8/8

2 Likes

Feeding him a duplicate seems to have unlocked him. I did 2 x 10 reg feeds and now he is fully advanced

When a hero is maxed, but they don’t have their special at 8/8, any feeders given to them will have the percentage of leveling increased by 4x.

Feeding a duplicate hero is 25% base. Feeding a dupe to a max hero is 100%.

I have maxed out Bjorn to level 50 but the special skill is still at 4/8.

Need help

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Keep feeding him heroes until it’s maxed… 10 1* purples grant 100% chance of lvl SS

1 Like

Hiya @Nandha. Moved your post. Read the op & remember to use the :mag: function :wink:

It won’t let me post an issue.

I can’t seem to get my hero’s special skill leveled up. This is a frequent problem. I’m almost certain I’ve gone through 400% on levelling his special skill up after he’s maxed out. This has been a frequent issue with many characters. This most recent is Friar Tuck.

@LunchboxBen,

For posting your own thread you need to be trust level 2, basically that means reading some threads, being in here for a set amount of time, and maybe a couple other things.

As to leveling the special: once you have maxed them to 3-50, 4-70, 4-80 you are able to guarantee leveling up the special by feeding either 5 same color 2* or 10 same color 1* heros (or a combination of both)

Moderator Translsation - Guvnor
How skill levels should be improved.

Beceri seviyeleri nasıl geliştirilmeli.

@Vedat28; I merged your FIRST post to another which answers your question. Subsequent posts have been deleted as they are duplicates.

I hate leveling 3*s because of that. Today I had 90% chance of improving a level of a special and it still failed. That’s when I decided to research TC 5-9, it will be more efficient than just wasting tens of feeders anyway.

My Nordi won’t ascend at max level can’t place emblems

this is not a bug and unfortunately happens from time to time. Fortunately there is a way to fix it… keep feeding the hero.

My suggestion is to feed like colors to it in batches that give you an 80-100% chance to max.

That comes from 5 like color 2*s, 10 1 stars or a mix of the two

1 Like

Hi, need more feed and level up for growing up the special skill until have it on 8/8… you are 6/8 right now…look at the red number below the blue box…
Same color on level up will do more percentage for ascend the special skill. Then you’ll can add emblems.

1 Like

Hiya @Killjoyz;

I have moved your thread to one which deals with this topic. See the OP for response & how to resolve.

I haven’t found any proof that this problem has been previously addressed. Every time I try to access the talent grid for my Isshtak it appears as if my Isshtak is not already maxed out. I can not access his talent grid at all. Isshtak

This isn’t a bug. You have maxed the hero level, but need to finish leveling the special. As you can see on your hero card it is only 5/8. After hitting max level (3-50 for a 3*) your feeders increase the chance they have of increasing the special skill.

Same color feeders have the following stats:

• 1* feeders have a 10% chance each to level the special. 10 of them at once will give you a 100% chance
  • 2* feeders have a 20% chance. 5 will give you a 100% chance.
  • some combination of 1s and 2s will mean fewer feeders

See this discussion for more information: [Master] - Hero Level Maxed but Special Skill is Not

1 Like