Costume issue on 3* heroes – maxing special skill

The special ability on fully leveled costumes is only 3 from 8 most of the time…

Did some costume pulls yesterday and now i have 4 costumes for 3* heroes.
Leveling these costumes works a lot faster - more experience per feeder hero.
But not for the special ability. So you have to use a lot of feeder heroes to get the special to 8 on a fully leveled 3* costume
It can be already tricky to get the special to 8 while leveling a 3* hero. But for costumes it seems impossible. Did nobody mention that during beta ??

1 Like

Does it matter? Once the costume is fully levelled it gets to the same thing as a normal hero… Special skills get a 5x chance at leveling up with extra feeders.

I.e. once it’s maxed and the special skill isn’t, a single 1* on colour hero goes from 2% chance to 10% chance.

Doesn’t really take that much extra feeding to max the special skill after the hero leveling is done…

I personally usually feed 1-3 1* to them at a go and get it done easy.

4 Likes

It matters - you need 50 1* heroes for maxed special ability from 3 to 8 for 100% probability → That’s simply a big feeder waste and a issue.

Edit: why would you got to 100%?

I personally go to 10-20%

If you take 10 1* heroes one by one you have 10% probability - if you are lucky you get more than zero abiltiy gains…it’s all about luck. If you use 10 once you are sure. That’s simple…
All these additional heroes are a senseless waste caused by wrong adjustment for costumes.

It gets a 5x multiple. 1* on colour goes immediately to 10%

You are right - 10% is 10%…what do you try to tell?

Eh… Personally I use max 30% and don’t feed nearly as many as you are.saying above.

To answer your original question, it hasn’t been raised as you still come out ahead.

It works the same way as with heroes. You can level-up a maxed costume for leveling up the special. With enough heroes of the same colour you get a 100% propability.

1 Like

I know that for sure. But costumes are leveled much faster than heroes and the special skill is at 3 or 4 and you need a lot of feeder heroes only for the special skill. That’s complete needless. Level some 3* costumes and you will see…

1 Like

Yes I agree… :person_raising_hand:
If it’s tricky to get a normal 3* to 8/8 within levelling, it’s almost impossible with a 3*costume without feeding after :grin:

2 Likes

Count how many feeders you need.

I betcha you still come out ahead.

4 Likes

You may do, but it is still rather arbitrary to increase the levelling rate for chevrons and levels, but leave it the same for special skill.

3* special skill levelling was already annoying, this is worse. There may be a rational reason, but maybe someone just didn’t think it thru.

2 Likes

I just leveled banes costume and had a hack of a time maxing the special skill even with the boost.

Actually all my costumes I am leveling are choking on the special skill. I am only color feeding.

No big deal but it is quite a PITA.

2 Likes

My Sonya costume just finished at 4/8. I think even legendary costumes could run into this issue.

1 Like

My BT costume is a 3/8 going to 60. Tibs is fairing a bit better at 5/8 on his way to 60.

1 Like

I just finished 2x 3* costumes.

Hawkmoon finished with 3-50 with SS at 6/8. Brianne was at SS 5/8

Fed them with 40% chance and they levelled up each time (Except once)

I just finished my Bane costume this morning, thought I’d throw some info out in case it helps:

I started with the original Bane being 3-50 with max 8/8 skill. I used 1* same-color feeders (which is my habit for 3*) - each gave 450XP on the costumed version rather than the usual 180XP I would see from a 1* same-color.

I fed one-at-a-time, and Bane Costume reached 3-50 with only 4/8 skill. I then topped it off using 40x 1* same-color feeders (ten-at-a-time for 100% skill increase).

Final products, now that both original and costume are maxed and 8/8 skill, including the corresponding +5% Attack, +5% Defense, +10% Health:

image image

Costume version has +37 Attack, -7 Defense, and -80 Health compared to Original. 280% Special damage vs 300% but the difference in Attack rating makes those almost identical, with Costume having -40% Blind instead of -35%.

Conclusion: I will most often use the costume version if I’m making attacks (I only use 3* in Rare events and in 3* tourneys), because the special will hit for about the same damage, but the tile damage will be higher; with a dip in durability being the tradeoff. But I think the tile damage will be worth it.

EDIT: +5% mana from the costume bonus seems useless on this hero, as in cases where I would use him, I would not have a mana troop available to bring him to 15% mana which is what he’d need to get to 7 tiles.

Good gaming!

5 Likes

When I got Brienne at 3-50, i lucked out with the special and had it at either 5/8 or 6/8. One of the two. Since I run two TC 11s generating enough feeders to max out the special is not a problem for me but I do see how this can be an ongoing problem. You would think with the bump in xp there would also be a slight bump in special percentages. I know dupe costumes give 50% chance to raise the special but I usually use the extra costumes for the xp.

1 Like

There is even more of a problem when including a 3* duplicate costume in the leveling as it eliminates one whole level of individual hero feeding. I fed a duplicate Hawkmoon costume to her costume leveling and it entirely filled her second 2/3 level but no skill increase until after I final ascended her. Her costume ended up at 5/8 skills. Therefore, my amount of time to max her skills were reduced and so her duplicate costume in actuality was a wasted resource that didn’t improve the heroes skills and actually increased the likelihood her costume skills would be less than 8/8.