🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Shadows - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Old Team :

Old

New Team :

New

Very limited options in these classes for me. Thankfully I got better healer than Brynhild for this trial now, regular CB Sabina, wish I had C Kiril for this, but no, his costume evades me. Grimm C helped buffing the reds, so I had easier time to get rid of Skittle at least. After that it was a matter of charging my heroes VS Dom and Scarlett. After a bit longer fight I managed to do this without items, with a little luck of Scarlett/Dom not targetting CB Sabina too much.

2 Likes

Sharing that I challenged myself with this one. After maxing a couple more heroes, I went with a mono green team for this trial:

Changed my original team:
Marjana / cKashhrek / cKadilen / Brynhild / Peters

Into this team:
Peters / cKashhrek / cKadilen / Brynhild / Almur

Was fun. Had to use some tornadoes and time stops on that last stage. And Almur died on the second stage because I sucked at giving him healing pots in time.

2 Likes

New team… Jackal n grimm out … Almur and francine in… didn’t go that great… But thought I’d try something out.

Rouge fran sorcerer marcel trainer fran coustome nearly finshed.

2 Likes

Jackal in almur out no items. Fran up some bling.

Rouge fran sorcerer unsure trainer Russell.

3 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Same as before,…

Battle

Decent starting board on boss wave…

Thorne die, no item used…

Reward

Sorcerer maybe keep after Rumplesitskin maxed for fun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Rogue keep for now, trainer for Rumplesitskin.

Trials of Shadows

Jackal 4*+01,
b.Sabina 4*+18,
Danzaburo 4*+01,
b.Marjana 5* 3.70,
b.Scarlett 4*+18,

b= base hero, no costume
b+= base hero with costume bonus
c= costume

Bonus X*+1, or higher, heroes cannot be accidentally used to level another hero

Battle items

5x Heal 500 HP,
5x Harpoons,
10x mana 25% potion,
10x Antidote,

Click for rest of post

Battle items, used

Used all 5x Heal 500 HP, zero harpoons, 3x mana 25%, 4x antidotes

Boss colors

Bosses are green, purple, red

This team does 2x heroes strong versus green Boss, 2x heroes strong versus purple Boss,

1x healer weak versus purple Boss but with dispel and good heal for a 4* hero

Because of purple Boss, I did not bring Thoth 5* 3.70, or a second Sabrina 4* 3.60

FIN

1 Like

Took Lepiota out and out Scarlett in to make things go more quickly. Worked well.

1 Like

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus +20
  • Domitia +c18
  • Witch Isarnia +12

Compared to last time, Isarnia is up three talents.

Basic theory here is “Get blue tiles. Win.” Works pretty well. Mobs were little trouble. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Made a blue match-3 under Scarlett, and she was basically done. Also finished Skittles before she fired. I think Domitia fired once before I could get her.

Not enough wizard emblems for Quintus’s next node. Rogue emblems saved for Francine. Trainer hero to Frank.

2 Likes

Bit of a change zocc bryhild sab out… Lotl alumur Marcel in… Fran up bling… This went bad haha :joy: lots of items used…

Rouge unsure… Sorcerer LotL when fin trainer LotL

1 Like

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • Francine +9 (with two levels of costume bonus)
  • Witch Isarnia +15

Second straight trial where I switched out Domitia for someone probably not as good just because they were new. This time it was Francine. Isarnia is up 3 talents from last time. I think Krampus was probably limit broken last time, too, but I didn’t note it.

Lots of off-color diamonds in this one, but mobs weren’t much trouble. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged. Lots of evading this time, which sucks, but thank goodness for Francine, because the blue tiles took their sweet time about showing up. Once they did, though, it was all over, as my blues are brutal.

Rogue emblems from a previous stage took Francine to +9. Not sure who will get sorcerer emblems. Trainer hero to Zila Lei.

2 Likes

This is the first time that I fielded an all-legendary-hero team for an emblem quest. Oh, and it is an all-ladies team, too :grinning:

2 Likes

Almur out Cheshire cat in LOTL is finshed and emblemed… Bit better than last time no items used…

Screenshot_20220202-125809

Emblems in storage at the moment trainer LB falcon

1 Like

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • Francine 4^83+c12
  • Witch Isarnia +15

Same team as last time, but Francine now has her full costume bonus, three more talents, and has been limit broken (but not fully maxed).

Mob waves went well, but I noticed going into the bosses that the on-color tiles had really dried up. Tried to play the board, but a stray tile got the last mobling. Fortunately, I was rolling with several minions from Krampus by that time. Francine may not have a color advantage against anything in the trial, but the cleanse over time helped mitigate Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack down. C. Grimm almost died at one point, but he’s just squishy, so that’s to be expected. Got C. Kiril charged in time, so no worries. Found enough blue tiles to finish the fight after that.

Not enough rogue emblems for Francine’s next node. Sorcerer emblems in storage for now. If I ever finish with Francine (will probably limit break her costume side also), I have Dolgoon and Marcel waiting to level and emblem. Trainer hero to Valeria.

2 Likes

Same team but bad timing on photo.
No items. No plans for emblems.

1 Like

@Ruskin505 I’ve poor timing on my screenshot. :rofl:

I swapped out Scarlett with Costume Bonus for Quintus with Costume Bonus. Rest of team unchanged.

No items used. No plans for emblems (or trainer too).

1 Like

Same team as last time.

Ended up having to use items. Got cocky and lost Sabina and things went downhill from there.

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Shredder Kiril 4^75+20
  • Evil Grimm 4^75+20
  • Krampus 4^85+20
  • Francine 4^85+c18
  • Witch Isarnia +18

Same team as last time. Finished maxing Francine after the LB. She’s also up 6 talents, while Isarnia is up 3.

Had a little trouble getting a few mob waves down due to not having the right colors and stubbornly saving specials, but when I got to the boss wave, unleashed all my specials, and then formed a blue diamond, I knew it was over. No bosses fired, and it was over in like 3 turns. When you bring a lineup like this, and you get plenty of strong tiles, it’s gonna go quick. Would be nice not to be so reliant on one color, but those heroes are just total monsters. I’d like to get costume Thorne so I could go blue mono here just once, to see how it went.

Saving rogue emblems for Francine’s 19th node (defense) since I plant to insert her into my raid defense in the medium-term future. Sorcerer emblems saved for Marcel, who is currently 3^50. Trainer hero to Richard.

3 Likes

last time I went red-yellow. Changed it to blue-yellow:

worked out nicely. Only kiril got hit, first by domitia, then by scarlet, which was a bit too much for the poor dwarf (also, I mistakingly picked my 2nd kiril, who isn’t emblembed. first kiril is on titan duty, and out of costume, so I missed him). The match was about over by then.

2 Likes

Cat out meave in Francine is now LB …
No items.

Screenshot_20220309-163446

Emblems in storage trainer to boomer

5 Likes

While I do have some options now, i see no reason to break up this excellent crew:

Slightly better troops, but mostly the same. I do now have (c)Marjana at +18, but Kelile does quite well here. There’s also Griffin and Zila Lei but i don’t think either would be an improvement.

result:

no items. Skittles went down in one move because i had Krampus charged and a red diamond on the board going in. Scarlett and Domitia fired, but barely pierced the wall o’ minions from Krampus and Frosty.

Rogues to Griffin? Maybe he would see more play if I emblemed him up. or saved for Domitia. Sorcerers to Sabina, Almur, or Skittles. i use Almur the most, but they could all use a few. Trainer to Zila Lei. hopefully she gets some use eventually. i could see how with Grimm you could get def down on a whole board, might be useful.

4 Likes