🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Piety - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Same team as last… Wilbur LB with some more bing +15… No items… Forgot pics again…

Emblems wilbur cleric not sure trainer jackal 4.

4 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change… green troop is now lvl23, and yellow troop is on the way, waiting balance for ham…

Battle

Decent board setup at boss wave…

Finished without items…

Reward

Monk and cleric keep for now… Trainer also keep for now, maybe for 3rd Mist if ascended.

3 Likes

Managed with Rigard +18, Mist +18, Boril (with costume-bonus) +8, Wu Kong (with costume-bonus) +18 and Prof. Lidenbrock at 3.70. Managed without items. Emblems are going in saving, trainer hero to Leonidas (& Costume).

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Queen Sabina +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Leonidas +7
  • Gafar +18
  • Hansel +18

Compared to last time, Leonidas is up five talents.

In a slump lately. Managed to get my best two war teams horribly slaughtered in my first two hits this weekend against what I would consider a mediocre defense. Looks like I’m going to finish outside the top 100K in all three tiers of the Villains event, and maybe outside the top 200K on two of them. (I did draw a tabard on a regular monster chest this morning, so at least there was that.) That horrible performance slopped over into this trial.

Mobs were no problem, but they never are. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged, but early on, Sabina went down on a blast from Joon, leaving me without healing or dispelling, and you can imagine how poorly things went after that. Gafar also died, I used a ton of healing potions, and I was forced to carpet bomb pretty significantly for the first time on any trial in a VERY long time. Maybe time to think about mixing in Raffale and/or Yang Mai, or maybe my own Joon, for this trial. Gafar’s purple isn’t helping that much at this point, and he’s really squishy.

Monk emblems are not enough to take Leo to the next talent. No idea what to do with cleric emblems. Not too excited about putting emblems on Boril again, but it will be a while before I max Elkanen. Those are my options, at this point. Trainer hero to Devana.

3 Likes

This team finally did it well:

just one super antidote to Yang Mai to make sure she finished Boss Joon right after he hit her. and hey, Sumle didn’t even die!

Trainer to LB BT. Clerics to Malicna, Monks to Sumle for defense now that YM is basically done, he still needs it.

2 Likes

Did the trials, no Reset Emblem again

3 Likes

Blasted through, wilbur+wu makes for dynamite tiles. (Except for those rare times when wu misses 80% and tiles aren’t there… But today went fine)

5 Likes

I switched out a few of my team this time.

Previously I went with
Mother North
Joon
Wilbur
Gafar
Valeria

This time I went with
Mother North
Joon
Yang Mai
Grimble (at 4.64)
Alexandrine (at 3.70)

I think that the only change I was not happy about is Yang Mai. When you want her to randomly hit other enemies after the first, she doesn’t, but as soon as Boril has fired she is firing randomly at those counterattacking and getting herself killed. I will probably switch her back to Wilbur next time. Other possibility is testing out Reuban who is at 3.70, but he will have a similar problem with the counterattack when he hits nearby.

Grimble was okay, and at least sturdier than Gafar was. By the final boss of the last level he was usually barely hanging in there at all.

Alexandrine on the other hand was very sturdy and I am more and more certain that she deserves her place at the front of the queue for scopes.

Not decided who should get the trainer yet. I had just started D’Andre when I pulled Griffin. So one of those.

Emblems to Mother North and Joon/Yang Mai.

5 Likes

Team I used before :

Old

No buffs or debuffs to increase damage, Mist/C Sabina were there mainly for blocking/dispelling Boril’s counterattack, it was still bearable without items, but it was a time consuming trial.

This is my new and improved team :

New

It seem like I haven’t really improved my teams in many trials despite having better options. Att buff, def drop/ spirit link + Wu kong’s att buff made this piece of cake in combination with Drake and Mist. No items needed and a lot faster job done.

4 Likes

Same team as usual

Debated using costume frank but didn’t think I’d time it well enough to be useful.

4 Likes

:bow_and_arrow:C. Lianna +18
:raised_back_of_hand:Drake +20
:butterfly:Motega 4/10 :laughing: couldn’t wait to use him
:dagger:Leo +10
:mermaid:t3:Ariel +13

:sunny:Trainer for Motega
:sunny:Monk Emblems in storage. Probably gonna give some to Li Xiu someday.
:sunny:Cleric for Motega, naturally. Gonna strip Mist for getting some extra emblems for him as well soon.

3 Likes

I decided to try a different team: Sabina C instead of Rigard, Leonidas and Elizabeth instead of Wu and Boril.

Here it’s my team:

Mist and Sabina C blocked the buffs (or Sabina dispelled them), Mist and Elizabeth slowed down the mana and Prof. Lidenbrock ensured there is plenty of health all along. The Prof is just great in events! Not only, but being at 3.70, in wars and raids I always fear she will die too quickly :slight_smile:

Final result: no items used. Monk emblems for either Liz or Leo, Cleric emblems and trainer for the Prof.

3 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

Try with triple Mist… 2nd Hansel on bench.

Battle

Not good board setup, and not mana ready onn boss wave, but whatever… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well,… actually all already died except MN,… and use some of items, too make it finished… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: damage fromm slash attack are dangerous.

Reward

Emblem both keep for now, trainer goes to Anastasia.

3 Likes

Joon in May wang out no items…

Monk not sure rouge n trainer francie

3 Likes

No battle items.

Screenshot_20211011-000609_Empires

2 Likes

Forgot to post because I was on vacation. My team this time:

• Queen Sabina +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Leonidas +9 (with three levels of costume bonus)
  • Raffale 4^80
  • Hansel +18

Reading back over my performance from last time, I decided to make the switch away from Gafar +18 to a powerful second healer in Raffale to prevent a repeat of losing my only healer. Also, Leonidas is up two talents and three levels of costume bonus from last time.

The results of my switch were two-fold. First, the trial took longer, as expected, but second, I didn’t really miss Gafar. His healing debuff is too hard to time, and with Friar Tuck’s mana bonus, he gets recharged before Gafar anyway. By contrast, if things really go in the toilet, Raffale is basically a reset button for your team. Tuck’s heal is annoying, but Raffale’s can be worse! Anyway, the short version is that cleric and monk talents didn’t proc on the bosses often enough to be annoying, and I was able to whittle them down slowly and claim the rewards without incident, which is more than I could say last time.

Not enough monk emblems for Leonidas’ next node. Cleric emblems sitting gathering dust in a corner. Boril had his chance at +20 and just didn’t do enough, so I guess now they wait for the day that I level Elkanen or draw a worthy cleric. (Where are you, Mist?) Trainer hero to Leonidas’ costume.

2 Likes

No change I think… No items either…

Nice board…

Prob gonna give ariel the mana node monk unsure trainer Russell.

1 Like

Trials of Piety

Team 2021-11-14

Valeria 4*+01
base Rigard 4*+18
( New ) base Boril 4*+01
base Vivica 5* 4.80
Wilbur 4*+01

Battle items

10x Mana potion 25%
5x Mana potion 60%

5x Harpoons
750 to 3,750 damage 1x Boss
Use as many as needed to kill Friar Tuck before Tuck’s first heal is triggered ( see notes )

Use harpoons before Wilbur’s Wonderful feast ( see notes )

5x Axes
200 to 1,000 damage ALL Bossed
Use as many as needed to kill Friar Tuck before Tuck’s first heal is triggered

Click for rest of post

Arrows

Axes can be replaced by Arrows, but Arrow debuff only lasts 4 turns ( compared to Harpoon & Axe 6 turn debuff )

Axes more useful if Tuck accidentally triggers a heal ( looking at you high number combo )

New Tactics

After years, of Merciless RNG ( pre Hero Academy ),

I finally got Boril

Boril 4*+1 ( defense 795!!! ) replaced very squishy Hansel 4*+1 ( defense 601 )

Boril’s very high defense helped keep Boril alive versus Boss Joon’s Solar Beam

Core of team is Rigard, Boril, and Vivica

Unlike Hansel’s Spell Slay, Boril’s counter attack cannot be resisted by Clerics ( 1x Boss ) or Monks ( 2x Bosses )

Valeria’s Dusk of Sorrow, and Wilbur’s Wonderful Feast, can be resisted by Monks ( Joon and Tuck ) but with Boss healer Friar Tuck dead ( see harpoons ), not as much of a problem

Especially for Wonderful Feast since resist rolled against each effect ( defense debuff and shared damage )

Notes

Click for notes

Harpoons for Trials of Fortitude and Piety

Wilbur and Harpoons

FIN

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Queen Sabina +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Leonidas +c11
  • Raffale 4^80
  • Hansel +18

Compared to last time, I finished Leo’s costume and he’s up two talents.

Mob waves went fine, even though I failed to save a blue diamond that came up in the third wave. Entered the boss wave with all specials charged and went after Joon, but had to switch to Tuck pretty soon to keep his heal from firing. Bad luck was the name of the game here, as a double hit to Raff took him out, and soon after, the bosses dropped Sabina as well. The rest went about as well as you’d expect with no healer and no dispeller - several battle items used, and Leo as the last man standing. I’m going to assume this was just terrible luck and not a fundamental flaw with this team, but I don’t have a ton of options to do anything differently anyway. When you bring two healers - especially one the caliber of Raff - and still can’t keep everyone alive, there’s only so much else you can do. My clerics really do suck, though.

Monk emblems take Leo up another talent. Cleric emblems still sit in storage. (I mentioned my clerics suck, right?) Trainer hero to Devana.

1 Like

Same team as last used one axe as didn’t wanna ruin the board…

Used axe here…

Monk storage cleric will be for snow white one day… Trainer LotL

2 Likes