🔵 [Master Discussion] -- Trials of Piety - Guide, Sharing & Discussion

Since I have 4400+ teams for every trial, there isn’t anything special about trials anymore.

No reset coin this time…

3 Likes

I have been doing this one with a rainbow team for a while now but decided to switch it up today for the daily on POV.

My usual team is Wilbur, Valeria, Mother North, Joon and Rigard. I used those for the first two levels before I remembered to check the dailies and then ran the final level with Wilbur, Mother North, Joon, Vivica and Mist.

Was quite pleased with the results. I managed to resist using any items and may even use this team again in the future as they did work pretty well together. I always love timing it so Mist fires right before Boril does, though Friar Tuck’s Manashield was a bit of a pain this time and he was counterattacking sometimes because of avoiding that particular status effect.

The trainer will be going to Gullinbursti. Technically I am working on Poppy at the moment, but I don’t like using 3* trainers on 3* heroes.

The emblems will be going to Joon and Mother North.

6 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change… troop are now 17-11-11

Battle

Decent start on boss wave…

Mist on right side is died, but then revived by MN.
Finished without items.

Reward

Monk keep in stock, Cleric keep for Ariel after she is maxed.
Trainer keep for now, still not yet decided either 3.70: Sir Roostley, Mica, Neith, or unleveled: Uraeus, Bai Yeong. Current yellow project leveling Chao costume slowly.

4 Likes

Since last time went so poorly, I decided to sub in Sumle, and bench Wu so that nobody missed. The team:

the result:

Almost but not quite as bad as last time. Boril went down easy enough, but then the board was doing me zero favors, and Joon picked off Sumle, Brienne, and Skittles in that order. Joon and Friar Tuck seemed to resist everything, so annoying. i had Joon pretty low, so i took him out with a bomb, but then it took forever to take out Friar Tuck and i basically got him to a point where i could just take him out with the remaining axes and bombs because it had already gone on for like 15 minutes.

Working on Yang Mai and Malicna, they will hopefully make this one easier. Trainer to D’Andre, emblems all to storage for the ladies.

4 Likes

MY TEAM:

I changed Leonidas for C. Renfeld just to test him in this tournament (not the best due to the resistance to ailments or mana generation). However, it was funny.

WR was killed once but in this case, MN was able to revive at the first time. C. Renfeld worked pretty well and the bosses hardly could charge.

The trainer will go to Mist, the cleric emblems to Ariel and the monk ones will be saved.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

4 Likes

My team this time:

• Queen Sabina +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Joon +19
  • Gafar +18
  • Hansel +18

Exactly the same team as last time. Thought about subbing in Leo for more mana control, but just left it alone.

Mobs kinda hit harder than I remembered, keeping Sabina busy, and ultimately, she wasn’t charged going into the bosses. What was in my favor was the fact that there were green, purple, and red diamonds on the board. The trial is still obnoxiously long, but thanks to Hansel and Gafar, Friar Tuck’s heal isn’t as devastating. Wilbur was active every time Joon fired, which was immensely helpful. Tuck went down first, then Joon, and finally Boril.

Monk emblems saved for Yang Mai (currently 4^60). Cleric emblems saved for 2nd Rigard (currently 4^67). Trainer hero to Dawa… yes, seriously. Leveling her for her costume.

4 Likes

All done. No Reset Emblem this time around. Gonna store these emblems for now.

4 Likes

The biggest challenge I have on this one with my alts is not bringing 3 healers.

1 Like

The last time I forgot to bring a healer, so I subbed in Vivica. Changed out Wu for Leo as he had missing streak on the titan and I got tired of him missing.

Botched the preparation in the last mob-wave, when an unplanned match killed the last mob, so 3 manapots for mist to stop boril from counterattack.

Board had many offcolours, but also could bmake plenty diamonds, so it quickly cleared.

Trainer to Devana. Emblems in storage.

5 Likes

Used my only five 4* who are suitable for this quest:

Sumle (19) - Boril (c5%, 18) - cBoldtusk (18) - Boril (c5%, 18) - Wu Kong (18)

No strong color especially vs the bosses, no mana control. Double counter + heal was the tactic used versus the mobs and bosses as well. First focused on Joon under Wu Kong + BT buff, he killed himself when he activated his special. Next it was attrition fight, with my entire team protected by counter, so opponents killed themselves one by one with slashing attacks. Zero items used.

3 Likes

It’s nice to see someone making use of a (non-maxed) Reuben. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is definitely one of the trials that had been giving me the most trouble, so switched it up and went for max damage dealing and left Wu home so nobody missed.

the team this time:

the result:

went in with everybody charged this time, Yang Mai at a ten stack, and a red diamond on the board. The only real problem this time was Joon, who seemed to resist all the ailments from Mist and Malicna. Used a couple mana pots to heal up and charge Mist another time, which kept Tuck and Boril from ever buffing themselves, but a hit from Joon followed immediately up by two slash attacks still managed to take out Mist. had a bunch of purple tiles under Joon though and he was down, then charged everyone else up Tuck and Boril went down before Mist’s last debuff even wore off. Much better than last time.

Trainer to Devana, Clerics to Malicna or a cRigard, Monks to Yang Mai and/or Sumle.

5 Likes

Same team no pic yang and elk have bit more bling on them one medium mana used…

Monk yang mai, cleric not sure trainer bai

4 Likes

Well, as someone who spends little and has below-average luck with drawing non S1 5* heroes, you max what’s comes your way. Still hoping on a proper buffing for poor Reuben.

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No change…

1st Attempt Fail :sweat_smile: :man_facepalming:
Very very bad board, and slash attack from enemies is hard!

2nd Attemp:

Battle

2nd Hansel is died…

Finished… MN revive hansel, used some of items…

Reward

Cleric for Ariel, Monk keep for now, trainer also keep.

4 Likes

this is one of the trials where the slash attacks from the bosses seems particularly hard, so i’ve been meaning to click on them and see what they have for their attack power now that we can see it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same team as usual. Wish I had some purples to use. I used a minor mana pot when Boril and Friar were near full mana. All three heroes resisted…

3 Likes

Reuben is my one non-maxed non S1 5*.

I’m starting to wonder if having a non maxed Reuben is good luck (any other red you get afterwards is awesome). :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My team this time:

• Queen Sabina +20
  • Wilbur +20
  • Leonidas +2
  • Gafar +18
  • Hansel +18

Thought about it last time, but actually subbed in Leonidas for Joon +19. Big drop in damage, but even more mana control. Seemed like a good decision against mostly passive bosses.

Mob waves gave little trouble. Entered the boss wave with a purple diamond on the board. Remembered to fire Sabina before Wilbur this time to get def down without spirit link on the opponents. The bosses are still a slog, but I do think the mana control and healing debuff was the way to go. Joon’s extra damage wouldn’t have been more helpful than Leo’s mana cut. Manashield and withstand are freakin’ annoying, though. Joon went down first, then Boril, and finally Tuck.

Not enough monk emblems for Leo’s next node. No idea what to do with cleric emblems. Trainer hero to costume Hu Tao.

2 Likes

Easy win with this team :

Trainer for Joon
Cleric emblems for Rigard #2
Monk for Tettukh

2 Likes