🔵 [Mar 4, 2020] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 12th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 30 minutes earlier at 6:30:00 AM (6:30 GMT)._

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Costumed Vivica, and Costumed Hawkmoon are the only true healers available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina or Lady of the Lake, or the Costumes for Vivica or Hawkmoon? Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

5 Likes

Puss in Boots is another option :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Puss 3.70, Alice+5, CCat +20, Isarnia (costume) +8, Jackal +15

Nuked it, who needs a “proper” healer :joy::joy::tada:

5 Likes

My team last time:

Same team but Ursena is +18 now and the troops is a bit leveled more

fight went well till Jackal died and domitia kept her holy defense up most of the time, so i took my time with it other than that it was fair fight

all emblems will be saved for later (i dont think i will level ursena more than 18)
trainer hero will go to Heimdall

Reset Emblem NO

6 Likes

Trials by Guv - Shadows

Last Time

Click to View team used last time
Click for History of Shadows by Guv

Guvs Shadows History:

Team This Time

No changes to the make-up; just need some more tiles for Sabina.
Added a couple nodes to Jackal 2 tho.

Note for next time: maybe look at swapping out Morgan & double jackal for Scarlett, Elena costume and Marjana… :thinking:

Other Options

Click for AMAZING hero roster & planning tool (used to show options)

Made by @GDIBass
Quick Link: Home | HeroPlan.io

Forum Thread Link:
HeroPlan.io - Tool for tracking your profile's progress, sharing it & to Plan your Hero Use for Class Trials, Challenge Events, Wars, Tavern of Legends Titans AND MORE!

Battle

Autoplay sorted out the first couple rounds as usual

*Final Battle - Trials of Shadows 4th Mar

The Baby Alt

Alt has been put on the backburner… Recently started playing another game & as such don’t have time for 3 accounts + the forum lol

Rewards

• Reset Token = NO
  • Rogue Emblems = 63 / 65 for Alice Node 7
  • Sorcerer Emblems = 28 / 250 for Morgan Le Fey Node 20
  • Trainer = Fed to Sonya’s Costume (now 3/48)

6 Likes

Dom, Khiona, Marjana, Scarlett and Jackal.
Tough to keep the last 2 alive without items but eventually got through it.

3 Likes

Last time:

This time. Took old boring old stinky smelly cootie filled Scarlett and replaced her wit… TONY DANZA

Okay bud. It’s the last stage, now’s your chance! Now’s your time to shine! Let’s show these naysayers what you can do!

:neutral_face::expressionless::man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

Is he good? No. No no no no no. But he was pretty fun.

Trainer going to Sonya#2. Cheshire went up twice to +18. Might get to +19 after since I have few compelling sorcerers ready to go. Rogue chips saved for Kestrel who isn’t there yet (working on Ei-Dunn).

And ty as always zephyr! :hugs::gem:

5 Likes

I’m pretty strong in Rogues at the moment, and didn’t change anything from last time:

Khelile / Sabina +20 / Domitia / Marjana +11 / Peters +1

Considered taking Danzaburo in instead of Khelile. Don’t know if the extra damage against purple would have been worth it…

I used minor manas, mid heals, and 5 bombs when I ran out of healing and decided to hedge my bets. And a couple of antidotes.

Have to decide who gets the Rogue emblems — I use Peters a lot, but Marjana is on my defense. Sorcerer tokens remain banked, given that there are almost no TC20 sorcerers. I suppose I could ascend Skittles, but Telluria is going to be blocking that road for at least a month, at the rate I get things leveled. Working on Nordri at the moment, but will probably save the trainer for Mireweave after that.

3 Likes

Same team

Got the piggy in the middle

Then it got a bit hard lol

Revive and threw afew axes at the end

Onto Joon now, emblems for Ursena

5 Likes

How is Musashi leveled up? ive had him for ages on 3/70 and now im onto Joon and will probably take all the way

3 Likes

I really love him, i had him at 3/70 for a while as well but decided to level him as i lacked holy hitters and had only joon as hitter
Now for titan i use him more than joon
His base attack is great as well
Comparing him with joon: i cant really answer that as i use both mostly for events or AW only

4 Likes

I’m almost certain that this may be my weakest quest but then i never make it past any others except for Shrikewood where an unlevelled Agwe is the ultimate badass and it makes it a stroll through the park. Seriously, after 14 months my best blue was Graymane? Seriously? Sabina +8 was strong as tank and i did complete the second stage with ease, but experience has taught me that the stages should be labelled thus:

1. Pitifully simple, a day 2 noob can do it.
  2. Actually really easy without mats.
  3. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE. Everyone else will be laughing but you. Your mats are nothing to us; we are AI.
4 Likes

Do not know team from last time, but without puss in boots. No items used, rogue emblems to Alice, sorcerer emblems stored, not sure if to be pumped into Ursena or LotL, or to keep for Morgan who is waiting for Tonics. Trainers stored as well.

4 Likes

This time I had to click " least favorite of the trials " my team has been so consistently weak against the bosses.
Last time :

This time a little displacement, Danza out for 3/60 G.Jackal 2, it will take a while to get enough food for his final ascension…so at least he will provide additional def down to holy element even before he dies.

The battle:
And as expected G.Jackal 2 was the center of attraction for slashes

Got some good yellow tiles to start with and that helped to fast track boss Domitia’s exit.

Afterwards, it became scrappy getting right matches

One set of arrows was used with intention to blind boss Dom and Boss Scarlett., just before they delivered their unavoidable blows. Then two minor antidote pots and 2 healing pot one each for Sabina and G.Jackal 2 who eventually died anyway but after getting the job done.

The blue trainer went to The Hatter all trainers on /off color, go to him on his final ascensions. Emblems saved for now.

5 Likes

Easy peasy with Puss & LotL.

Didn’t use items.

6 Likes

My team last time

My team this time

Much easier w/ Dom instead of the cat.

3 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change…
Other Option
2020-03-04_20-31-55

The Battle

All mana charged, bad board, no item used so far.

Very very bad board, but finish with all items used :grinning:
Maybe later I should try with double Jackal instead.

The Reward

Emblem socceres keep for Ursena, Rogue did not decide yet.
Trainer goes to Vela.

6 Likes

Ursena’s maxed out now. Was an easy win then :slight_smile:

My team last time:

My team this time and my choices:

I only used 3 minor mana potions, great. Needed a heal, in the end I think I could have made it without items and a dead Sabina^^ next time antidotes, will be faster then, this time I had that -att the whole time -.-

• Trainer…dunno. Boril? Sonya’s costume? Second Vela?
  • Rogue emblems: stocked - Sif maybe
  • Sorcerer emblems: will go to Ursena, when I have enough for the next node
4 Likes

Skittles in for a 3/60 danza was alright had to use quite a few healing pots early more than I would of liked too! All pots used apart from a couple of mana!

Emblems all in storage and trainer to awge

4 Likes