🔵 [Dec 25, 2019] Trials of Shadows Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Shadows!

This is the Ninth of the Trials in the 10th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 45 minutes earlier at 6:15:00 AM (6:15 GMT)._

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Shadows

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Shadows?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Shadows?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Shadows?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Shadows

• Sabina, Lady of the Lake, Costumed Vivica, and Costumed Hawkmoon are the only true healers available for this Trial, since Rumpelstiltskin only heals by chance. Do you have Sabina or Lady of the Lake, or the Costumes for Vivica or Hawkmoon? Did you bring any of them along?

• How did you deal with Boss Scarlett and Skittleskull’s attack debuffs? Some possible options include Antidotes, using Rogue Khiona to overwrite the debuffs, using Sorcerer Mitsuko for mana control, using Sorcerer Ameonna to shed to status effects on herself, using Rogues Inari or Margaret to dodge the specials, using Rogue Peters to silence, or using Rogue Costumed Tyrum to clear the ailments.

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Have Costumes caused changes to your team?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Shadows occurred:

7 Likes

Same team

Started really good

Then Scarlet just kept evading everything, did i say everything and even Dom had a turn at evading several times poped the scrol and died again before healing, so out came the bombs!

10 Likes

My team last time

This time (i finally leveled sabina :sweat_smile:)

Fight was fairly easy, used antidotes couple of times as i forgot to put bear banners instead

Emblems will go to Ursena
Rouge will he saved
Trainer hero: ?? Probably to a 3* at the moment

Reset emblem NO

8 Likes

Inari - Mitsuko - Elena - Jackal - Sabina

10 Likes

Team Last Time

Team This Time

No changes, just some more emblems on Morgan and Inari is now maxed.

Options
  • Alice - 4/1
  • Lady Locke - 3/70
  • Marjana - 3/70
  • Peter’s - 4/70
  • Scarlett - 4/70
  • Marjana - 2/60
  • Danzaburo - 3/60
  • Jackal - 3/60

Outcome

Cruised thru first two rounds on autoplay.
Last stage cruised thru also thanks to the high tile damage. Used a couple antidotes to remove the status effects but nothing major.

Rewards

• Rogue emblems - into pile for second jackal
  • Sorcerer emblems - stockpiling for Morgan talent 18
  • Trainer - fed to Valeria
  • Reset emblem - NO

7 Likes

Last time:

This time:

Due to maxing out Peters as much as possible without robbing Kelile for a 4* tourney a few weeks ago, I decided to drop Jack Sparrow since Scarlett was now a heck of a lot squishier. I’m glad I did because his silence is phenomenal.

Nobody went up a node since Peters is just shy of 30 and the Cat is struggling to get over the 40 hump at +10. Trainer went to Captain of Diamonds.

8 Likes

Used my usual team. Only trial where I do not have a 5 star hero (Looking at you TC20 for giving me a Marjana or Domitia). Anyway, it was still pretty easy. Only antidotes used for cleansing Skittle and Scarlett attack down (on hindsight could have used a bear banner). Anyway, rogue emblem went to Scarlett, sorcerer emblem and trainer hero will be hoarded for now.

Here is Scarlett with her shiny new emblems. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

A weird team had to face Skittles and her witchers…

Puss had to be powered by some mana to keep him alive and I used a dragon to support my whittle.

Isarnia had dinner, rogue emblems saved for Puss and sorcerer aren’t enough for any good usage.

9 Likes

same team as last time Domitia+7, Kelile+7, Sabina+8, Skittleskull+6,Marjana3/66. Used blue potion to heal, dragon storm and 2 titan shields. I took also roles of resurrection, but did not use them. Blue 3* trainer went to Miki. Emblems will be saved for later use.

7 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

did not screenshot, Marjana 3.70 out, and Kelile +1 in.

The Battle

Boss stage, all mana ready, and has a nice start board.

Easy trials with this team setup, used 2 heal and 4 bear banner to flip Skittleskull and Scarlett attack debuff.

The Reward

Emblem keep both in stock right now.
Trainer goes to 2nd Kiril.

10 Likes

Went well for me this time. A few battle items to speed the process, and some healing potions to help Hawkmoon keep up, but she was the real surprise - she was able to get me through without even running out of healing pots. She was a big help in buffing tile damage to get around evade and reverse Skittle’s and Scarlett’s debuffs, and her delay was kicking in regularly.

I probably got lucky with my twin booby bears, but there were plenty of freezes, too. I think I just had a lot of yellow tiles throughout, so they were firing often, and I remember one salvo where both Dom and Scarlett missed in the same turn. And then when they didn’t miss, my Scarlett’s attack down kept the hits from hurting too much.

Merry Christmas!

7 Likes

Same team as the last time, only difference is Marjana is now on final ascension.

Would always prefer to hit the final boss wave with all my team fully charged, but this time I unloaded some erroneously and was apprehensive the team won’t make it, but alas, the board became nice!

Danza was awesome even at 3/60, deliver one sword and caused all bosses to miss here and there, this time other than one flower in the mob wave he didn’t freeze.
There in, Boss Domitia started to one shot my team after Scarlett died.

But Sabina and Marjana held strong till the end.
Phew! First time I will be completing this T of Shadows without the use of items.

Rogue emblems join the pile, possibly some would go to Marjana in a couple of days, sorcerer emblems banked for now, Magni on his final ascension takes on the trainer.

8 Likes

Look at me quoting myself. Anyway, I just thought I’d drop this suggestion for strategy in case anyone else is in a similar position for available heroes - I went with costumed Hawkmoon because I don’t have Sabina. For this trial, I might have been better off with Hawkmoon than Sabina anyways.

1. Delay talent - tie: though Hawkmoon is cheaper to emblem, the effect is the same
  2. Tile damage - tie or advantage Hawkmoon: as part of a red stack, Hawkmoon is more useful with neutral to strong damage than Sabina’s higher attack stat with weak to neutral damage
  3. Special skill, healing - tie: for my heroes, the heal amount is the same, it’s just Hawkmoon brings a HoT
  4. Survivability - advantage Sabina: there’s a clear edge here, though it’s not huge. Just the typical difference between similarly specced 3* and 4* heroes.
  5. Special skill, secondary effect - advantage Hawkmoon: there is nothing to dispel against these bosses, so Hawkmoon’s attack buff wins by default. But even so, tile damage is king against rogue bosses, so Hawkmoon improves that even further with her buff.

Now, if only the costume chamber had been available this month, more people would have had the opportunity to try out using Hawkmoon for the sorcerer trials…

8 Likes

No big changes here:

Sabina +20 / Peters +1 / Scarlett / Marjana +10 / Khelile

Left at home: Margaret / Skittleskull 3/60. I’m leveling Domitia, but she’s only on second ascension.

Used a few bombs to speed it up (I was running late and didn’t want to just abandon the battle…) One or two healing potions, one or two mana potions. A couple of times used antidotes to get rid of the debuffs.

Khelile being basically Marj’s younger sister meant spreading the attacks to not lose the DoT.

Sorceror tokens are banked, rogues go to Marjana, blue trainer went to a second Triton.

7 Likes

Same team as last time

Kelile has two more nodes taking her to +18 and Sabina is maxed now.

Mobs went away fairly quickly, but the bosses dragged the fight to just over 10 minutes. No heroes died but used all the med health pots. Forgot to use all but one antidote, so need to pay more attention to that next time. Arrows made bosses miss quite regularly and bombs softened them as usual.

Emblems being saved for now, but I think I’ll take Sabina to +18 or +19 once I’m done maxing out Triton’s emblems. The only other worthy sorcerer is Lady Locke and I haven’t even started leveling her yet.

Trainer goes to Ariel, taking her to 3-63. She’ll hit the wall soon and have a short wait for Frostmarch to pick up her final scope.

8 Likes

Couldn’t get Quintus to change out of his costume, he just loves it too much, so I went with double Danza :sunglasses::

Swords and mana for the first rounds and double freeze in the last one but you gotta love that little bugger. Used some support items to get me to the finish:

7 Likes

Took small and medium healing potion over dofes… probably could have won quicker but a win’s a win.

6 Likes

This time Inari (3/70) was part of my team (Sorry Scarlett).

I had to use my healing pots.
Many dodges, many sakura fox minions too :fox_face:

Rogue emblems for Jackal.
Sorcerer emblems for Ameonna.
Trainer hero saved for my next blue project.

6 Likes

5 Likes