Lianna v/s Kingston

Hello guys, I just did three summons in the epic hero portal and I got Lianna !!
I am a C2P player, and even though I have Margaret at 3/70, I do not plan on giving her tonics. I do not have any green 5* maxed.
I was planning on going all in with my 19 (now will be 22 after the event) trying to get Kingston at the Halloween event, but considering my new situation, do you think I should do it?
I know Kingston is better, but do you think their difference is big enough so that I have to do it?

What are the main advantages of Kingston? Does Lianna have an advantage?

My other 5* are Ariel, Vivica, Seshat (so I will not emblem lianna anyway).
Thank you

EDIT: I DO NOT HAVE KINGSTON, so should I try to get him with my tokens or should I try later for other HOTM?

Kingston has many advantages from his several skills and abilities, Lianna just hits hard. I’d level Kingston first, then Lia.

1 Like

Kingston is the best hotm for next couple months until january

If it was me, I’d use my tokens in halloween event and see if u get kingston, if not then max lianna

Then start restocking tokens for xmas quest that will probly carry over into january

Also idk how many atlantis tokens u have but evelyn is predicted to be back in November atlantis

Just what i would do

2 Likes

You don’t like Neith next month? Have they nerfed the hell out of him and I missed that memo?

I have 8 darts, Drake #2 and Vivica at 70 but was waiting for Neith.

Now I am conflicted because the local antagonist left him out…

1 Like

I agree, I would spend the tokens during the Halloween event and see if I got Kingston. Lianna will be very solid if the luck is not on your side, however, if you succeed in getting him he will be much more useful, since he nerfs the incoming attack from 3 targets and is immune from Gravemakers burn. Kingston vs Lianna is like Seshat vs Sartana.

2 Likes

I think kingston and january hotm will be more versatile

I think neith does a little bit of everything but at average mana and would have to see if all the bits of this n that instead a lot of 1 or 2 things is really worth it.

When SG tries to throw bits of different heroes into 1, it can go really well(zeline). Or it can go really poorly(original aegir). So just depends.

Either way, players with less than 30 maxed 5s will typically find fast mana heroes more useful than average or slow heroes outside of a few exceptions(hel) and/ or titan oriented heroes

2 Likes

…exceptions include Alberich and Mother North (as well as Santa/Isarnia IMO).

Fair point.

I liked the look and think he could be fun.

I will wait and then decide, by that time maybe I’ll be closer to 10 or 12 darts as they have been coming lately.

Thanks for your insight!

1 Like

While that may be true for defense teams, I feel very comfortable using averages on raids / wars / attacks. I do 3:2 usually and the greatest key to my sucess is Athena / Frida / Ariel trio - all of whoom are average, while maxed fast mana blues, Alise and Magni, just takes a rest.

I just came to say I just got my 9th darts from a 7* haha.

Yes, I was actually thinking about saving all of my coins for Christmas, as I would probably have around 30 because I really want Mother North, and Vela seems like a sick HOTM!
Don’t you think it is better for me to save them all for Christmas?

Note Vela should be around for January, but I’d bet the event would go into January.

Kingston is a better generalist, but Lianna is better at murder. However Lianna’s murdering skills only really work in raids and wars, whereas Kingston has more utility outside of that.

So weigh those options and decide which fits you better.

3 Likes

Kingston!!

After the recent update (v24) his special is really sick!
He used to be just a limped version of Lianna before… but now his attack down even at 3/70 is tremendously helpful.

If I were F2P I’d hang on to my tokens and wait for Dec holiday. While Kingston is inarguably an upgrade over Lianna their skills are similar, and when you only currently have 4 5-stars you don’t need a 5th on a repeat color, with a repeat function.

Xmas might get you a Santa tank that’d play well with your Ariel and Seshat flanks. (Although Vivica or Ariel could be a fine tank too for F2P)

But yeah, I think you’ve got to consider how you want to use your resources.

NOTE: I made a similar decision about Seshat after pulling Sartana. I do still regret it a little every time I fight a Seshat.

2 Likes

I think I Will try With My coins un atlantis and try anyway un halloween as Valeria seems good and I m not interested in grimble and Mother North and santa are such a long shot (half the probabilities of Kingston!!) I have 12 tonics so I would be able to ascend Lianna and Kingston, and that would help me because I already have plenty of healers

1 Like

By the way, after reading the Note it was that I decided lol. It would be just insane wait for Christmas, getting just feeders and think about what could have happened.

1 Like

I have Viv and Joon maxed (ages ago) and Onatel, Justice, Joon 2 and Leonardis all at 3/70. I am hoping for Neith and will save my darts for her.

1 Like

Hi @Gallowspider!

So you say to wait christmas ? I have this issue:
I cannot play atlantis in October AND December. I must choose: now or spend more in December atlantis and event.?

I dont know how good are chrismas heros. I saw all are slow…

I am saving my darts as well. I have 9 so may be able to ascend 2 shortly but really hoping for neith.