Kingston or Evelyn

Just buy more tonics and max both lol. I would also max Eve before Kingston. She is making a difference on titans and definitely can survive a hit at 4/80 much better than at 3/70. As @Rigs said it is your game and only you can decide what’s best for you.

1 Like

Having both and knowing you are fighting titans that one shot a 3/70 eve, I would do eve, for basically all the reasons others have mentioned as she makes every green in your deck better. I actually use her on one of my ‘weaker’ war teams with 4* greens and it works out awesome.

2 Likes

Kingston. His attack down will help 3.70 Eve survive longer

1 Like

1.Evelyn. 2 Evelyn. 3. Kingston Screenshot_20191031-182910_Empires

3 Likes

Thanks for this information and you have great insights. I’m relatively new to E&P but really enjoy playing. I have Kingston and will probably fully ascend him first but also have Lianna 3.70, Kadilen 3.70, Elkanen 3.70, Horghall 2.60 all waiting for mats and also Tarlak that I just pulled at Atlantis. I was lucky with pulling 7x Kingstons last month (literally during every pull, he’d popped out as well). One Kingston is 3.60 and the rest are benched. Now that I think about it, I have more Green 5* than any other 5*…whew! Anyway I hope he’s the right choice to fully ascend…any thoughts?

2 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with your gut, I’d max Kingston first out of all of those green 5* listed. The other two worth consideration are Tarlak and Lianna.

With Lianna, since her and Kingston are so similar, there’s really no bad option there when it comes to choosing a solid fast sniper. Lianna hits harder, while Kingston has a little more oomph, so go Lianna if you want someone who’s good at killing, or Kingston if you want a little more from your sniper than that.

& Then there’s Tarlak, who is amazing for titans, but can still be of use at 3/70. So unless titans are your primary focus, while fighting 11* and up, I’d wait on him and max a sniper instead. Though, this would also depend on if you already have Miki, Ranvir and/or Wu maxed. If not, then I’d make Tarlak a priority since tile buffers are a necessity for titans, but if you already have one to tide you over, Tarlak can wait. The only benefit you get from maxing Tarlak is increasing his survivability, where snipers need to hit 80 to reach full potential, since they depend on their attack stats to do what they do well.

So without knowing all of the details, my vote would be for Kingston because he’s a solid fast sniper that also lowers attack and resists burns, where Lianna just kills things very well (and that’s it). Tarlak should go to 3/70, but wait to max [for now] unless he’s your only tile buffer, then leveling him should be a priority.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What’s tarlak’s defensive stat at 3/70? And what’s his attack stat max at when he hits 4/80?

My guess would be in the 500s for defense which is lower defense than even Caedmon. And at 80 I’m guessin his attack stat is 800 or more which is one of the highest non emblemed attack stats in the game.

I would think both of those stats would be taken into consideration

Tarlak is solid on titans and in pvp

Hitting B or higher loot grade consistently at minimal mat/resource cost should be a goal no matter where someone is in the game

I would guess kingston defense is probly around 650 at 3/70. Which is as survivable as caedmon who was a long time used 4* for a whole lot of us and some of us still use him.

That being said, titan heroes > pvp heroes as they lead to maxing more heroes in both categories

Again, just my 2 cents. Evelyn & tarlak > kingston in both cases.

I use my 3/70 Tarlak against 11*-13* titans all of the time. Not always great, but it can work.

If your priorities expand past titans, and want someone who’s versatile nearly everywhere, Kingston is the better way to go (imo)

If you max Tarlak or Evelyn first, then you can’t even use your Kingston til you get another six mats; 3/70 snipers are fairly useless in comparison. If you do Kingston first, you’re still able to use Tarlak and Evelyn for what they were intended for - support. They won’t survive as long, but at least that way, you can make use
out of more of your roster at the exact same time.

That’s my 2¢

1 Like

No need to be passive aggressive @Rigs , we just have differing opinions on the matter, that’s all :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Eh it is what it is…

Tarlak is the one hero I regret giving tonics to, especially if you have Miki.

I maxed mine before Miki came out and it was because we were facing 12*. If you’re facing 9* or less, 3/70 tarlak is fine.

@Rigs where’s my reset mats token so I can get my tonics back??? :cry:

1 Like

I still use tarlak on blue titans. And i still use him in pvp. Idk why someone would regret him. I’ll take a second one tho. U can have my perseus. 1 regret for another lol

1 Like

Anyways, done with this thread. All points have been expressed. Time is better spent focusing on game and teammates.

I have had Evelyn sitting at 3-70 for two rounds of tonics. I had to go with Zeline first, then I pulled Greg next, so I was in similar dilemma as you needing a sniper. I went with Greg bc that crit is insane. I would go Greg over Kingston just because the 30% crit is a special that almost noone has. Even if I had Kingston or Lianna, I would have maxed Evelyn 100% over both of them. There are plenty of snipers. Kingston is great, but buddy has defensive down as well and only cost 4 3* mats. I have Evelyn up next after a few more tonics. I vote Eve

1 Like

I will still support to max Kingston.

A 3/70 Kingston still works better than Caedmon but still better to be maxed as compared to Evelyn.

I have a maxed Evelyn and a 3/70 Evelyn. The 3/70 version still works the same way as a 4/80 version only less health/def but still able to optimize damage done by the rest of the greens.

Kingston on the other hand 3/70 does suck partially as in the inability to kill/snipe as intended even after firing Evelyn.

So my conclusion is still the same, max out Kingston so you can enjoy both elemental links while not having bad performance from either one of them.

2 Likes

As for those who compare Greg and Tarlak.

Yes Tarlak is a must to up for those who wants good scores on titans but still serviceable at 3/70.

For those who wants all around performance in all perspective of the game, snipers are more important as they can be used basically everywhere.

Tarlak would only bypass Kingston only if you have good roster depth.

1 Like

Agreed :slightly_smiling_face:

A good example of this would be already having Lianna maxed, and deciding between Evelyn or Kingston. Obviously now that you already have an offensive maxed 5* green to pair her with, Evelyn would be the better option since she can be used in a green stack with Lianna (for raids, war, titans, etc). Plus, with already having sniping covered in green, maxing another sniper isn’t as big of a priority anyway.

But without having maxed offensive greens to pair Evelyn with, she’s just not nearly as valuable. Yeah, you’ve still got tile damage, but that’s depending on the board. Elemental droppers should always be paired with maxed offensive heroes in the same color, at the same (or similar) speed, in order to successfully kill whoever you want to kill; that’s the best synergy in the game. You need both heroes to make that synergy work, but you also need the offensive hero maxed first in order to make any use of that synergy at all.

1 Like

Greg is in a league of his own, and people think he is just mediocre. He has a heavy hit (maybe not as strong as Kingston or Lianna), but is one of a kind. Good tile damage, 30% crit, sniper. Great on titans, pvp, all aspects. I managed him at 3-70 waiting for tonics, but he was even dieing to 5-6* titans. He needs to be maxed to survive anything higher. Evelyn I have at 3-70 and she is manageable against the 7-8* titans I am fighting. I really do not under stand why everyone thinks Lianna is the best. Id max Greg and Kingston over her all day of the week. The only reason I wouldn’t max out Kingston was if I had Zeline and little tonics, w/ a stacked bench of green 5*s, sitting at 3-70

EDIT: Added in survivability comment in middle about EVE

I have him on my blue titan team and 2nd war green team. He has everything but his speed is awful when paired with my other greens.

My green team is Evelyn / Kingston / Lianna / Margaret / Hansel.

2nd team has Gregorian / Tarlak / Buddy + 2.

Don’t get me wrong as I use Azlar for my mono red. So it’s not the speed of a single hero but rather Greg doesn’t gel well with the rest of my mono green.

I agree. That is what makes Kingston so appealing. He gels with the mono stack. A lot of fast greens. Green has such good heros. My bench is long with good heros sitting at 3-70 but lack tonics. I currently use Wu Kong, Buddy, Eve @ 3-70, Zeline, Greg, & (atk up flags) vs titans. I’ve seen 7k tile hits.

1 Like