Kingston – New October 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts & Discussion

Status Effect Reference

Hey everyone,

I’ve added a reference to Kingston’s attack debuff to the Status Effect thread. See the linked thread for a reference of all status effects in the game:

I assumed here that Kingston’s debuff has a silent cap of 6 attack reductions while it’s active. But it would be awesome if someone who has him would confirm that :smiley:

The reason why I’m assuming 6 reductions is the silent cap (i.e., the card doesn’t say there is a cap but the game puts one in place), is because that’s how Athena’s defense reduction works too; up to 6 defense decreases for the duration.

Note that the generic attack buffs (including Khiona and Black Knight) and other attack ailments (Alice, Zeline) do not stack with Kingston’s ailment.

That means you can use Boldtusk or similar heroes to overwrite his ailment, and vice-versa you can use Kingston to overwrite attack buffs. Note however that Alice’s ailment is undispellable, therefore Kingston will not overwrite her :wink: So beware using them in the same team.

Happy titan hunting and raiding!

P.S. I know Kingston’s debuff is not working as expected right now, but when fixed, the above comments regarding his ailment should be valuable.

6 Likes

Its 5 reductions. His debuff caps at 51%

4 Likes

thanks! I’ll update the thread

I like zephyr1’s ways of explaining this…

In other words… if we want a 99% chance of getting Kingston… we should be ready to fork out gems summoning 352 times… that is A LOT. Pheww~

Really really want this guy though…

2 Likes

True. I rotally agree with it

Just got him

4 Likes

Congrats! It’s so great getting a legendary off an individual summon. Wish it happened more, but I suppose that would take some of the thrill away

2 Likes

Thank you my friend. In hotms I am very lucky, in 10x or 30x summons never get even one legendary hero.

1 Like

When is v24 coming out?

Hopefully soon? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So we have a Hero that is not working until “hopefully soon”. ouch!

1 Like

Congratulations… seriously. As I really want him myself… I can understand the ecstatic feeling of getting him in a pull. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Is this where I post my lucky draw? I think I read people really like those posts :slight_smile:

Seriously didn’t expect him since I’m not doing any pulls this month, but on topic, glad to have him and hope he’s patched up soonish. Pretty certain it will happen before I get tonics for him as I’m at 0 :frowning:

9 Likes

I also got Kingston from single EHT what I got from offer. Suprised and happy. Still want second Kingston…

Kingston is broken at this moment but I like him already. Gravemaker is not a harm to him + he is green sniper. After fix Kingston will be a beast.

3 Likes

Mmm

found a new friend for Evelyn :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re the first person I’ve seen bring this up, and it’s been bothering me since I first saw his card. :sweat_smile:
More specifically, it’s the fact that his knives are not stilettos… they’re throwing knives.

The way I see it, there are two possibilities.

1. The throwing knives are made of foam and used solely as a distraction. Kingston throws the foam knife, it bounces harmlessly off the target, and Kingston pulls the concealed stiletto from his waistband and charges at them while they’re scratching their head in confusion.

2. Whoever designed Kingston isn’t as much of a blade nut as me.

5 Likes

I thought a Stiletto was a shoe?

:high_heel: :thinking: :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

You’re not wrong. Zeline is wearing a pair, so maybe they should trade special skill names. :thinking:

2 Likes

OMG!!! First try! Never done that before. With gems. Belith…then…Kingston! Havent recieved an HOTM for 4 months. I really cant believe it! Just had a feeling. Can’t wait to Level him.

Melendor at 4/68, then Kingston. :sunglasses:

Should I feed Gadierus to him??? I’m really not impressed with Gad’s special skills dmg. I’ve already got a few 4*s that have higher (by far) “%dmg to target and minor %dmg to ne” special skills.

1 Like

Wow only attempt using an epic token on my alt acc in epic summons and got Little John and Kingston. HURAAAA!

3 Likes