šŸ“ā€ā˜  [Jan 2021] Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

Not really. Comparing Hansel and Jackal is like comparing apples to oranges. They are different heroes with different things offered to the table. I have 5 Jackals, 2 highly emblemed at +20 (sword path) and at +19 (defense path), and only a max of 2 of them only see action on purple titans, appearing only 20% of the time, by reason of their tile damage, and one 1 appear in my 2 monoyellow teams as each has a maxed Gazelle in said teams. Be reminded that Jackalā€™s main use is to debuff the elemental defense of the target so that your other yellow heroes will hit the same target dealing more damage than withoutā€™s Jackalā€™s skill. Whereas Hansel serves to delay or nullify the targetā€™s skills by controlling the targetā€™s mana. Each has different uses and varies differently from each other. Like apples and oranges. While apples contain more fiber, an important nutrient that aids in healthy digestion and lowering cholesterol, oranges provide more vitamins and minerals including the ever-powerful vitamin. Both fruits are good to the body, like those heroes good for the player owning them.

If you have ditched Hansel in favor of better green heroes, well good for you. In my battle against Telly tanks prior to his nerfing, I employ Albe+19, Evelyn+4, Lianna+7 with MCB and 2 Hansels. Those 2 Hansels helped me fill my chest faster since I dont have other heroes that can kill enemy heroes highly emblemed, except my second Lianna unemblemed with MCB. Now, I only use 1 Hansel emblemed halfway through on the same team against Telly tanks and red tanks (Garnet or Black Knight). Hansel will serve delaying or nullifying the targetā€™s mana whose specials would have otherwise killed your main heroes.

As to the costumed Leo comparison, if I get his costume, Iā€™d level and ascend 2 Leos for war purposes and relegate my Jackals to epic events and tourneys. 1 costumed Leo does the job of 3 Jackals as he damages 3 and debuffs elemental defense to 3, giving the other 2 slots that can also damage 3, in my case, Drake Fong, Rana or Onatel.

If this mantra holds true, then everybody should not be pulling heroes from any portal since all of the summoning gates may possibly release a less-loved hero. Pirates of Corellia is the only event where a player can get Finley, the best ranger in the game who is prized both for his offensive and defensive prowess. Dubbed by many a players as an OP hero, getting such legendary is of course a reward worthy of the risks. And as if we didnt know yet, this game has risks in almost all its aspects and facets. What is consistent is that you lose, one way or another.

2 Likes

You missed the point.

Completely disagree because the poster clearly said:

Whales that are able to go hunting with essentially unlimited resources can chase a single 5* hero and spend the $3,900 to get to 95% chance of summoning Finley.

The vast majority of players ought to summon where the odds of something good and enjoyable are highest. The 4* heroes in Pirates are rubbish, whereas those in Guardians and Grimforest are among the best.

I stick by my comments. Read them, you will see I was not comparing the two heroes, I was comparing the future use of the two heroes.

Looking at the heroes that are in the game today, Jackal will see more use than Hansel as you grow. Costume Leo will make Jackal less of a requirement but he will still be useful.

Hansel, I love the dude but he is easier to replace than Jackal is. As mentioned I have four maxed Jackals, two of which are topped out with emblems. Have two maxed Hansels, only one of which ever saw emblems and those have been stripped.

I am so glad you asked why.

I found C-Rigard(x3), Mist, MN were all higher priorities for cleric emblems.

Name a hero that does what Jackal does (elemental yellow debuff). Hint. None yet, not 4* not 5*.

Name a hero that does exactly what Hansel does. Hint, there is more than one, their names start with Gretel & Merlin.
Name heroes that fill a similar, albeit not identical role:
Li Xiu (mana cut),
Mist (mega mana slow at fast mana),
Proteus for complete mana block.
Leaving Little John out because he is so slow.
There are several heroes similar to Hansel and these are just the 4*, plenty of 5* that can fill his niche as well (mana control, even plain old Leo).

Not everyone has 12 darts. Absolutely, one C-Leo for anyone that is able. A 2nd is less clear, that is an eff load of resources for a hero that isnā€™t unique.

Congratulations to you if you arenā€™t resource constrained in any way. Most of us try to figure out how to best use the resources available to us, summons (gems or tokens), ascension mats, emblems etc.

5 Likes

Then whatā€™s the point?

And I completely disagree because @b4as1n already mentioned that he has 1 Jackal and 2 Falcons already and the Teltoc portal isnt his first choice for the next summons:

I just thought its odd for you to push for Teltoc and implying to get more Jackals when such poster has already stated that it is not anymore his priority and wants to get other epic event heroes, naming Hansel and Gretel, the green epic hero you try to belittle.

They have more money to burn than most of us. So, whatā€™s the issue?

No argument there.

Only half true. Some players swear loving Cabin Boy Peters.

Eh? Didnā€™t you belittle Hansel in your previous post? He is from Grimforest.

Eh? Still comparing but not comparing? I think my brain froze. As mentioned, my Jackals barely see action. My Hansels get more action since my monogreens battle out green, blue and red tanks in raids while my monoyellow teams are enjoying the dance of Gazelle, making my Drake, Rana and Onatel deal more damage as they hit 3 while receiving less damage, as well as nullifying the self-ailment of Woolerton.

Well, I just come to a realization a few months ago that most of our recommendations really does not tailorfit-solve most issues since not all players have the same hero roster, hero depth, troops and its levels, gamestyle, willingness to spend, etc. While you may have upped Jackals usability and purpose and downed Hanselā€™s, I came to an opposite approach. Maybe because I have 2 Gazelles. But then why I seldom use my Jackals on 4* raid tourneys? I dunno. Maybe I find my highly emblemed heroes like Li Xiu with MCB, Gullinbursti, Danzaburo, Woolerton, Mist, Gretel, etc. to be more worthy in battle than my 1st Jackal+20 (sword nodes) and 2nd Jackal+19 (defense nodes). I dunno.

Depends. My cleric emblems are mostly with my Snow White+18 who is set on defense both in raid and in war. The rest are with my Ariel+7, Rigard+18 w/ MCB, costumed Rigard+18, Lady Woolerton+18, Hansel+10 and costumed Hawkmoon+19. I will be embleming my recently obtained and currently-being-leveled Mother North once she gets maxed, but I wont be embleming her as much as I emblemed my Alberich+19 since Mrs. Claus is already beefy enough than the HOTM.

Keyword is YET. Soon, costumed Leo will be one of the heroes to be desired by players. I hope he will enter my roster to justify investing darts on my Leos. Well, at least I have costumes for Lianna, Joon, and Domitia out from free keys. Iā€™ll let RNG decide my hoarded keysā€™ fate. At least the masquerade portal is monthly unlike challenge events turning out every 5 months (or more once SG introduce the new event).

Both are average mana and have talent that does not protect themselves or offer resistance to manashield like cleric Hansel do when emblemed sufficiently.

But not as fast as Hansel.

Yeah. I understood. Some only have 1. Others have 2. A few have 3. I have 21 and I am sure others have more than that count.

I donā€™t mind maxing 2 Leos if I get his costume. For me, there is a huge difference laid on the table using 3 Jackals in the same team when their job can be done by one costumed Leonidas. Variety is indeed good, but having 2 copies of great heroes make you win more raids or war hits, I prefer that than variety. At least I know I spent those ascension mats and invested them to good heroes. Like the way I did to my 2 Gazelles, 2 Gravemakers, and 2 Liannas with MCB. I have a second Joon with costume, both versions at 3/70, and he may follow suit as a dupe legendary getting maxed if my darts keep getting a lot more. For me, I think Odin and costume Viv (mine is languishing at 3/70 since 2018) are the only yellow legendaries worthy of fully maxingā€¦ maybe Thor when he will be released.

Thanks. I did experience having scarcity of resources early. But got smart along the way, hoarding epic ascension mats for better heroes while building my 3* and 4* armies of heroes, each rarity has over around 60 maxed heroes.

1 Like

I hope I can get rid of the unluck this time. Lol

Hoping for Finley :crossed_fingers:t3: , expecting Vodniks :neutral_face:

1 Like

after this event, therell be costume event , is SG gonna released all the remainin heroes? hopin to get finley here but will save gems if next costume event SG will feature c.marjana and leoā€¦

Yeah, they announced the new costumes here

Iā€™m saving my 10 pull for the costumes too since I use a lot of S1 heroes

thx for the infoā€¦think i will all in my gems in this costumeā€¦

Use Hansel, Gretel or Zocc)

Does anyone know what emblem types are in the completion tiers this time round?

Amounts are different, but I believe the type for each tier are the same as they were last time.

Rare: Druid, Barbarian
Epic: Rogue, Wizard
Legendary: Monk, Paladin

3 Likes

Great thanks. Iā€™m needing a large single drop of wizard, ranger and sorcerer emblems. Guess not this time round.

I bring Proteus for stage 14 since the bosses there are Peters - Finley - Captain Kestrel. As long as none of the bosses are purple itā€™s fairly easy to sneak one dark in - the reflected tile damage is fairly minor with only one hero. Just donā€™t fire him at dark wave minions before the bosses!

Stages 11 and 12 are also stages to look at for sneaking Proteus in.

Had a couple of free pulls from challenge coins. Got Boomer. Meh. Dont see me ever levelling him. He is food for Khiona.

27 coins to start:
Carver + Graymane

Completed Rare: Friar Tuck

Ahhh what amazing luck I have haha

4 Likes

Someone had calculated the odds of getting a specific pirate 4* and 5*, mate, and these odds were very low. So no surprise here. What did you expect, Finley on your first pull? The estimated calculations were that if you were to spend around $3000 on gems and summons, you could get one with a 95% chance.

20 coins from the Path of Valor = Friar Tuck + Karil :joy:

2 Likes

20 coins here as well - dawa and Gunnar :v

Srsly how anyone can say this game isnā€™t p2wā€¦ Cant imagine being F2P with such odds

1 Like

@Annjul - do you chase Finley to make it to top 100 or do you play to have fun and occasionally win? If you prefer the first option, then you have to pay to compete with other whales. If you play to have fun, just level up your classic season 1 5* heroes and make your combo wins with them - there is a sufficient number of good season 1 heroes to beat any whale.

Edit: Especially with the new costumes coming up on each event.

2 Likes

You counting to get 5* costume ? ā€¦

Anyway, i want to get more heroes to improve my roster and Iā€™m collecting, not to get to top 100. I donā€™t have any pirate hero. Would be nice if you didnā€™t generalize everyone and hope you are having fun with vanilla heroes in diamond tier.

Game that does not make you progress is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  game and I wonā€™t be paying thousands to have more interesting and fun heroes to play with.