I've got 8 Orbs and Li Xiu, Hu Tao, & Chao. Who gets them?

Li Xiu and Hu Tao are at 3-60. Chao is at 2-16. I’ve also got a TC 20 running and I’m hoping for Wu Kong. I’ve got Guinevere maxed with emblems already (and that’s it for yellow 4+ heros).

I’m thinking of saving 4 Orbs for a future Wu Kong, but who should I give the other 4 to?

In my honest opinion, and I have all three of these heroes, I would give them to Li Xiu. They are all meh against the Titan, but Li Xiu is good for both offence and defence compared to Hu Tao’s OK

10 Likes

Li Xiu as she hits everybody and cuts the mana. She is one of many heroes that can be paired with Proteus effectively.

5 Likes

If you have Guin, you must have done an Atlantis pull. Do that or the event summons before committing to any of the three mentioned.

2 Likes

Li Xiu by far among those options. I still use Li in my offensive raiding in high diamond in my holy stack. With Guin, you will have 2 all mana reducers which should improve your win percentage by itself.

5 Likes

Li Xiu for sure! 20 characters.

3 Likes

Li xiu for string defense

3 Likes

Yeah, I do believe as far as vanilla 4* holy heroes go, Li Xiu is the absolute best defensively. Flank next to a strong tank for best results.

4 Likes

Another vote for Li, unless you plan on summoning during Avalon next week. If you do, then wait. You may get Wu or Joon

1 Like

I’m surprised at all the Li love out there. I have 40 orbs and have maxed all the other yellow 4* but am still waiting on her. She was my first yellow 4* and I just wasn’t that impressed (at 3-60). I will have to ascend her to get rid of my FOMO. But first…Danza #2:wink:

1 Like

I’ll chip in for Chao

• fast mana sniper
  • more effective against titans
  • less vulnerable to riposte
  • NOT a monk - Li will compete for (and probably lose) monk emblems with Wu, Joon or Leo.

Li is a reasonable 4* tank but I only use her on offense as a 5th yellow.

4 Likes

I just know that I’ve had difficulties fighting teams with Li on flank (takes away all of my heroes’ mana right when I’m ready to strike them), and one of my alliance’s strongest war defenders uses Li on flank (he’s not the greatest at scoring points offensively, but I’ve seen his def team hold up against multiple enemy attacks in almost every war).

I like Chao well enough, have him on my def team for now, but I never fear attacking teams with Chao because he’s a single target sniper and I’m okay with losing access to one hero’s special skill as long as I can still use the other 4.

1 Like

if nobody else has voted for Li Xiu, then I will
if Li has already votes, I still give mine to her :laughing:

I have Li and Hu at 4/70 and Chao is something around 4/50. I use Li much more than the other 2. I think even if I get Queen next Avalon, I will still use Li a lot

2 Likes

I believe Li is currently the favorite (gets my vote as well), just a couple of people playing devil’s advocate (which I appreciate, unanimous decisions are boring).

2 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by all the love for Li Xiu!

But I agree, I wouldl pick Li over Chao as she has more general utility. I have Li and Chao both, Li gets used on both Raid/War defense and offense; but I only use Chao on offense, and often stacked with Li anyway.

Li is by far the better defender.

On offense, Chao has slight edge (charges faster, and thus better to slow down a particularly nasty enemy hero); but Li is still very useful as she slows down ALL heroes - especially really helpful when I don’t bring Proteus, or when I accidentally trigger a gem cascade that hits everyone…

One more drawback is when riposte is active; I can safely use Chao against one of the enemy heroes not covered by riposte, but Li will end up taking a bit of damage if I use her skill.

1 Like

This was my thought. I’m champing at the bit to get Chao (one of only three classic four-stars missing from my roster) simply because he is a ranger. I’m totally F2P, and the list of easily obtainable rangers is really short. I have Tiburtus +16 and then… Berden. No joke. So if you need help with ranger trials like I do, maybe consider Chao.

Another strike against Li is that you already have Guin. One of Li’s main roles seems to be as a defensive tank, but Guin does that far better. And, as mentioned before, Chao is better for titans, as he charges faster and does more damage. For war depth, though, Li is probably a better choice. Depends on your priorities.

4 Likes

I will second your opinion on Chao. He’s the only vanilla yellow 4* sniper…

I always try to think more about my offense than defense. You only need 1 defensive team, but 6 offense war teams. When in doubt, favor offense and fast Mana.

1 Like

I’m surprised too. She was my first yellow 4+ too and I never liked her. If the consensus is that she’s the best, I may just wait until I can get better.

1 Like

This is my biggest hesitantion with Li Xiu too. She just feels like a knock off Guinevere. I don’t really need another yellow tank, I might use her in tournaments that ban 5*s but I’m more concerned with titan hits.

Chao probably ought to be the choice, then. Hu Tao and Li are both AoE hitters (which dilutes their damage) and Hu is slow to boot. Ascend Chao, and hold the other four orbs for Wu. No sense sitting on 8 orbs hoping for something better.

Who would be better, anyway? I can tell you from experience, it isn’t Danzaburo. Even though I love Danza, he’s not a Titan killer. Gretel? I don’t think Grimforest is projected again until November, at the earliest. Jackal? He’ll be at least that far out as well, as SGG has already said we’re getting Avalon next week and Pirates in October.