Intentionally lose an Alliance war hardly - is that a viable strategy?

My Alliance War score is constantly raising, reaching now to 92K+
We had a good series of victories (3 win : 1 lose) a couple of times - but not the tides are changes, we are facing harder alliances and seem more like 50:50 at best.

Would it make sense to lose a War hardly? I.e if we lose with a score of 1000 vs. 7000, would it count differently to the “Past Performance” item rather than losing 5500 vs. 5700?

Rationale: if we are losing, I prefer lower our War score as much as possible, to be faced against a slightly lesser alliance on the next round.

1 Like

My teacher once told me: you better be the worst among the best than the best amon the worst.
So, form me, losing a war by 2 points is better than losing by 1000 if could do better.

If you climbed too high, you would be defeated anyway. However, you never know in advance what is “too high”.

2 Likes

As far as i remember, alliance war score does not take the overall points from former wars into account. Its win or loss (very rarely a draw). Besides the heroes of the players, the alliance war score is calculated on the basis of your alliance’s last 20 war results.
So the ‘degree’ of a loss is meaningless and you should always just try to win. :wink:

Edit: maybe this might be helpful as well:

2 Likes