⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Bai Yeong

This thread is for discussing whether Bai Yeong is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Bai Yeong. For that, please see: Bai Yeong – 5* Holy/ Yellow - September 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Bai Yeong is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Bai Yeong is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Bai Yeong is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Bai Yeong is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Bai Yeong? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

3 Likes

This thread will be unlocked 48 hours after Bai Yeong goes live.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 47 hours.

Make him as was first beta version - very fast, one turn, blind 90%+, mana and health reduce

4 Likes

I think he is an ok hero… I mean look at latest hotm-s.

1 Like

Increase his damage please. He should be comparable with joon at dealing damage, or at least very close to him. If not, then at least make him VF so he can be comparable with malosi.

5 Likes

I agree his hit percentage needs a buff or make him very fast please.

2 Likes

i saw statistic on upcoming hero Thor is almost same , i have malosi then i would be happy if this panda do minor damage nearby…

Looking at Zulag and Glenda… Bai is terrific powerful.

My impression after some usage (almost unleveled though)
He is a nice hero as it is, to make him a good hero there are several options.
Leave him as it is but make him very fast
Leave him as he is but prolong his special to 3turns
A damage buff would also be very welcome.

i think it would be very easy to make him a very interesting and usable hero, as he is now, he is a little lackluster

6 Likes

if this is very fast i think it will OP than Thor the upcoming hero…nerf again …i just lke this panda da,age the target and minor to nearby…

I’m liking him. But 2 shifts are too low, if you shoot too early or too late you can easily lose your blindness. 3x turns would be more balanced for the player

6 Likes

I’ve had the opportunity to raid with Bai Yeong for a bit (at 2/60 and now at 3/57) and I think there are two ways to make him a very good HoTM that’s not OP:

• increase blind and healing decrease to 3 turns from 2 OR
  • increase damage to 365% to be on par with Leonidas (single hitter with two secondary efffects)

Personally I’d much prefer the first instead of the second. Bai Yeong is a support hero, so it’s much better to increase his utility value instead of pigeonholing him into something he’s not meant to be (sniper).

5 Likes

Just change the 75% to 90%. His owners will still be jealous of Malosi.

3 Likes

That version was awful. You would essentially not be able to effectively get an opponent to waste a special unless they were completely full of mana.

If they were just about full, you’d stop mana generation while the effect is active, so they’d just fire next turn instead (with your special essentially doing nothing more than its disappointing damage). While I’m no fan of the final product, it’s better than the first version in beta.

1 Like

I prefer very fast instead fast (especially with troops 11+ level). They have more chances to gain mana before Telluria. Just gain mana for Bai Yeong, use special skill and use shields on board to gain mana for enemy hero

1 Like

You cannot in the beta version he also block mana genration for 1 turn. That would be useless.

This version of him is so much better and I think it would be nice if his special do 3 turns effect or a bit more dmg than he would be awesome but still usefull and decent hero as he is now.

Just remove block of mana generation

In this case he must be average + remove block healing if we will continue this logic :slight_smile:

For sure. I was just arguing that his first version wasted its own special in a pretty common case (trying to stop an enemy close to firing from doing so).