Help me set up a defence team for raids and war. Team follows dark hero for Tank

Help me form a defence team and formation for raid and also for war team. Thank you.

I have tried these 2 line ups.

Option 1 has far too much healing and too little damage. Also healers on wing are just not a great idea.

Option 2 has a very bad color composition. Very weak to yellow, also weak to red and green.

I would go for: Seshat-Eloise-Luna-LiXiu-Kai

1 Like

That would take out the healer from the line up. Luna heals only flanks.

Yes, that´s good enough.

1 Like

What formation would work? Also I don’t have emblems for Eloise as I’m shirt on wizard emblems. Currently I have had only to max Luna and the rest are divided between Loki and Eloise. So would have to pair another hero in place of Eloise.

My choice for now would be:
Quinton, Ferant, Luna, Eloise or Li Xiu, Toxi

1 Like

Thanks I know Quintin isn’t great on defence , but I understand I don’t have other strong heroes to set up. Will try it out. The whole set up plays on mana. Toxicandra adds mana , Ferant, Luna and Lixiu doesn’t let enemies even to use their special.

I am not much into raids I just put up some random junk or otherwise use a def I want to test for wars, so I never change the formation.
Different formations would need different teams anyway so this def is for single tank in the middle.

Emblems: See if you can reset something? If you want to use her for def you can take Lokis emblems for example. Not saying Loki shouldn´t have any, but well you need to prioritize who goes first. You don´t have a big choice of damage heroes.Eloise really is the only one. After that you´re already looking at 4 stars LiXiu and Caedmon (both great heroes of course and worth playing in 5 star world), so I´d say Eloise first. Loki second.

If you want to play more green heroes (and less yellow) you could use a red tank (Ferant), but since you said purple tank…

1 Like

First. IMHO defence for raids does not matter at all. What’s more, you don’t want the def team to be too good, because it will push you into high cup regions, where it is difficult to win any raids - so it is harder to fill raid chests.

Second - war defence. It will differ depending on war format.
My suggestions are

• Rush: Quintin - Toxicandra - Luna - c2LiXiu - Azlar (base)
  • Undead Horde: Quintin - Toxicandra - Bera - Ferant - Eloise
  • Equaliser: Eloise - Toxicandra - cSeshat - Azmia - Bera
  • Arrow Barrage: Kai - Azmia - Luna - Ferant - c2LiXiu
  • Attack Boost: Kai - Azmia - Luna - Ferant - c2LiXiu

Toxi is your only real healer, so she must be getting enough mana to heal the team while it is still alive - so cannot be on wing.
Luna is your best try at tank, but not on Equalizer (she depends too much on her status effects), and on Horde it is probably better to have a minion suppressor.
But put some work into widening your choices, especially in red - out of rush you don’t really have a good defensive hero in this color. Ferant is OK, but he makes some difficulties in positioning other heroes.

1 Like

Thanks. I understand I don’t have high damage or aoe heroes. I haven’t bagged any of that kind sadly. May be Cinisia would help? But even she is wizard.

Yeah my team follows dark tank , although I have a great tank in luna but none to support her.

I wouldn´t say that at all. I really like that team, you just need a bit more time to really max out emblems on Eloise, but that´s not the end of the world. Really I am thinking better troops would improve your team more than new heroes (I don´t know what troops you have, but people tend to focus more on heroes than on troops)

Of course I don´t know what part of the game you are aiming to play. Yes, in a Top100 alliance your def would be one of the weaker ones, but you know, not horribly outclassed either, and anywhere outside the top 100 you´d be just fine with that.
With time you´ll get more and new heroes of course and replace others, but there is no obvious weak point in that team that has to be fixed right away. Luna is a pain in the behind by herself, Eloise and Kai do good damage and Seshat and LiXiu provide utility while still adding some damage as well.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m slowly putting efforts on my troops as well. They are very expensive. I have another 30 troop tokens hoping to pull some better as I miss in few colors.

Definitely I am not playing in top 100. I’m on low to middle order in diamond raid. 2400ish - 2700ish. Above that it’s really difficult even to find opponent for pov/pog as well.

Wrt war my team is getting one shorted even after having luna so wanted to change the order.

Hopefully will pull some wizard emblems. I would want to use luna, Cinisia, Loki, Eloise all of them. Great explanation.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes I’m not much worried about the raid defence but getting Luna raised my expectations. In war I’m getting one shorted so wanted to change my set up. I lack better heroes in both red and yellow. I have more on green, so have benched Cinisia for now.

May be viscaro can be a great tank for rush and Equaliser. I have been concentrating too much on new heroes haven’t gotten time. Loki, Quintin, luna, Eloise had taken up my focus.

Other heroes I have are:

Frida, CKage(3-70), Areax, Cinisia. I was hoping to get a red from the FS but the list disappointed.

Both Seshat and Bera are good for this format. Bera may be a bit too weak now. Viscaro can do the work too, but is easier to kill as a tank, he does not protect himself. Viscaro’s best use is on Bloody Battle tournaments.

1 Like

Yes troops are definitely your major weak spot (absolutely not enough for top 100), no hero can make up for those. Your defense performance will improve a lot more as your troops improve, so just work on those as much as you can.
The biggest problem is that you don´t have any good green troops yet, but in all other colors you have either Wizard or Styx troops. Upgrade those! I just recently answered a question about troops, that might be interesting for you as well, I will add the link.

1 Like

Just wanted to update my defence is doing much better with the lineup you have mentioned. Thank you.
Recently I have acquired Neema, Horus, Kettle, Boom and fang, Jett. Cinisia, viscaro, CKage, C2 Sartana is also waiting. Hoping to get a stable team.