Not for me.
Currently, I spent some Emblems on the following Heroes:
1st account: Rudolph (Fighter), Balthazar (Wizard), Bane (Monk), Azar (Barbarian), Gunnar (Paladin), Layla (Rogue) and Shaarkot (Sorcerer).
2nd account: Layla (Rogue), Needler (Ranger), Toril (Barbarian)
And yet, for my experience, they might as well not exist. Maybe it’s because I’m facing stronger and stronger enemies, but my point is, Class Skills as for now feel underpowered overall.
Readers beware, this is my angriest post here as of yet.
My personal experience with Class Skills
- Rudolph came back to life? 97% of the time, he doesn’t have enough mana to fire his Special, and then he gets killed the next turn.
- Balthazar can deal extra damage? Not only it NEVER triggered while using its Special, I don’t remember winning once with this Skill. That, and he often dies shortly afterwards.
- Bane can cancel debuffs? Meh, he generally dies not long after.
- The Barbarians’ Wound deals way too little damage to even matter.
- Gunnar can increase his Defense? Pointless if the enemy don’t even target him in the first place. Also, 2 turns is waaaay too short of a duration.
- Layla can dodge offensive skills? Well, OK, that’s ONE Skill that helped me, at least against Titans.
- The Sorcerer’s Delay seems to only last one turn, if any.
- I’ve yet to trigger the Ranger’s Pierce Skill.
I never got any Druid better than Jenneh, but the summoned Companion is laughably weak.
I doubt I’ve seen any Cleric with Manashield, but it sounds very situational for me.