🦸‍♂️ Guffa - 5* Fire / Red from Return to Sanctuary

New Return to Sanctuary Hero is released: Guffa

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Guffa, as well as your thoughts on Guffa.

Guffa

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Paladin
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1061 1198 2308
4/90 1214 1371 2641
Origin Family
Sanctuary of Gargoyles Gargoyle
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Gargoyle’s Softskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Softskin activates. The next 5 times they receive damage, it is reduced by -90%, and they resist all status ailment and mana reduction. This effect can’t be dispelled.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Reflecting Stance
  • The caster gets Taunt that prevents enemies from using Special Skills on the caster’s allies for 4 turns.
  • The caster gets +40% mana generation for 4 turns. (Affects only mana generated from matching tiles or mana gained by th defense team at the end of their turn.)
  • All allies except the caster receive a Softskin. (The next time they receive damage, it is reduced by -90%, and they resist all status ailment and mana reduction. This effect can’t be dispelled.)
  • All allies recover 1400 health after 4 turns or instantly if the skill is cast again before the duration ends. This effect cannot be dispelled.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Gargoyle family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Immune to Poision damage / Immune to Poision and Burn damage / Immune to Poision and Burn and Water damage

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Attack is decreased from 1075 to 984.
  • Defense is increased from 1023 to 1112.
  • Health is increased from 1884 to 2142.
  • Mana generation buff for caster skill is added.
  • Health recovery is increased from 700 to 1400.

This section will be updated after release.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 6 of Gargoyles Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v68]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Guffa ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Guffa.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Guffa and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Guffa worth summoning for?

• Would you use Guffa on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Guffa ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Guffa as an opponent?

• Would you give Guffa Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Guffa’s character design?

• If you Summoned Guffa and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Guffa, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Guffa when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Guffa, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Guffa (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Guffa), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Guffa (post release)

:question: Is Guffa worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Guffa would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Guffa’s Primary Purpose is?

• Taunter
  • Mana Generation Buffer
  • Softskin Buffer
  • Healing (Delayed)
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Guffa compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Guffa’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Guffa’s Base Stats?

Note this means Guffa’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Guffa worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Guffa is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Guffa is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Guffa worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Guffa then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters
2 Likes

This one looks conflicting…taunt and softskin then heal. I’m both intrigued and wary. Looking forward to seeing the released version.
Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Seems like a weak gargoyle at slow speed

4 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Stats: check out the Def and especially the HP on this beast.
Slow mana but for the next few weeks those stats should allow Guffa to survive until firing.

The Taunt along with the undispellable Softskin will take the sting out of most hits, meaning…

…Rush tournaments… oh my. :confounded: :scream:

3 Likes

today is my birthday. so if you still have not received your birthday present from zinga, please contact tech support

13 Likes

I was about to toss my gem stack into this portal and then remembered I dont have any tome of tactics should I pull a hero I want.

Way to go, SG.

1 Like

Did a few pulls and managed to get three 5* elduque, elkenan and azlar, none of which I need a duplicate. Grats to those who pull one!

1 Like

Why doesn’t he have alpha taunt? He’s slow, he should have it to compensate for his speed.

What’s exactly “weak”? :slight_smile:

Sorry for your luck, RNG can be cruel. Similar to you I pulled Isarnia and dupe Gaillard. It’s like the odds are higher to pull a featured event hero, yet we still pull the trash :expressionless:

2 Likes

the heal part for being slow, would be great if its boost

Not nessasarily trash, but certainly not meta and definitely not worth leveling a duplicate of.
May the portals show you kindness my friend :blush:

1 Like

I think it would be too much - together with soft skin.

that comment was before they add mana regen, i think he will be doing fine now

1 Like

I’m a free to play player and saved up 2100 gems. Worth the 7 pulls? Or wait for another event?

Yes - if you get Mena :upside_down_face:

Wait till you will have for x10 pull. Especially as ftp you will be really disappointed when you will get nothing worth it after long gem collecting

1 Like

I’d wait. A 10-pull at 2600 is a far better deal for an ftp than the equivalent of 10 single pulls at 3000. That is the reason I always wait for 90 crystals for the Ascension/Aether portals.

1 Like

I agree with @VladTepes & @nevarmaor . Wait for a 10 pull. The gem savings adds up over time.