Guardians of Teltoc Challenge events high scores-legendary

I tried searching around but I have unable to find the help I’m looking for. I’m trying for a higher score but I can’t seem to break the 20k group. I have been making diamonds, using countless battle items, and gone thru, I don’t know 40-60 WE flasks trying to get into the top 1000. Ultimately, I try to go as fast as I can and get as many combos as I can. Is my problem a troop thing?Here is my line up:

Stop believing mono is the only way to get high scores

3 1 1 here and here is my current ranking.

Team I used. Only did a few re rolls and was unable to craft anymore items so just had to ely on skills and board luck. Switched seshat for hel and panther a few times also

Screenshot_20200111-231756_Empires

2 Likes

No kidding!? I thought having 5 would out power a mixed group. I can try it and see where it brings me . Your a lot higher than me. Your results confuse me more. Unless its troop related, or tiles that cause dmg. Not really sure.

1 Like

I mean my rank in L is ridiculously low (63000+), but I’m pretty confident that it isn’t troops. If you really went through 40-60 flasks, I honestly don’t know where the problem is, because I’m pretty confident I can at least get in top 10000 with like 5 flasks, and I’m using all 4 stars.

How long does it take you to finish a stage? How much health do your heroes have when you finsih it? Also, exactly which stages are you replaying?

Even better, make a vid of yourself replaying a stage, and we might be able to see what the problem is.

2 Likes

This is the team I used for legendary and my current score. I just replayed one level after finishing this tier, but I think I am quite comfortable at below 1k. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anytime you run mono you are at complete mercy of the board. If you get a good one it’s great if you dont though its tedious and annoying because you only have one color that can change anything. Gem damage is not the only way to move up it’s just the easiest way regularly shown. I have twi heroes with attack buffs i can alternate, two dots and a strong hitter whose minions also do damage. With three options to cause damage. Without items I cant do much better but I gave it my best

1 Like

Would you say falcon is absolutely necessary for a top score (top 1000, without using a ridiculous amount of reruns and items)? Without falcon, is there a replacement? Or perhaps a different color stack?

1 Like

I’m not sure how to make a vid of my self playing.
I take on average 2-4 minutes to complete a stage.

I tried a lot on the early stages, can’t seem to get them out of the 50ks tried to keep going over and over till I got the rare chest enemy to bump up the score.

If I’m not completely wrong I have to average 60k to get where I want .

OH, I think that’s where your problem is. Earlier stages, you can’t get a much higher score.

look at @ThePirateKing and @DoctorStrange and their stages, and compare them with yours.

Only replay the stages where your scores are much lower. For example, your stage 14 score is perfectly great, but stage 9 and stage 13 could see some improvement

4 Likes

I think for top 1k, Falcon is not necessary but definitely helps. You can still get it done with any hero as long as the tile damage is high. Because the bosses have a very high HP, so usually you need to kill them with tiles. For that you would mainly need an attack buffer like Wu/Tarlak/Miki/Ranvir and try to finish the stages under 1:30 if possible. I think I took around 2:15 for the last 3 stages.

4 Likes

I can throw miki in there, I like him better than the other choices, I don’t have Tarlak yet. See if that can boost me up. Boards permitting.

1 Like

Definitely worth a try. Miki can work wonders. Also use the battle items wisely too. If you see that you haven’t reached the final stage by 1-1:30 mins, don’t waste any items on the bosses. Just flee and start over again. That’s usually what the top scorers do. I personally just save all my WE flasks for AR. All the best. And like @bobiscool said, try comparing the scores which will give you an idea on which stages you can improve. Not all stages give you equal scores, so be mindful of that. All the best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers, thank you and the others for the convo and heads up. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

I never stopped that early, if I had boards with diamonds flying around i would go for it, thinking the match bonus would make up for the time.

1 Like

Nope, the match bonus is not enough to make up for time. In these events, time has the biggest contribution, everything else is just too small to make any difference in the large scale, unless you are aiming for the top 100 or something.

2 Likes

I used almost the exact same team and 0 Flasks.

I did try mono purple (Costumed Rigard, Tiburtus, Proteus, Seshat, Sabina) for replays on a few Stages. but otherwise stuck with this team.

In Epic I used Colen in place of Azlar, so it was an even more similar team to yours.

3 Likes

That’s really nice. This red team combo is really very effective. I thought of putting Anzogh for the legendary tier, but then decided against it as Colen and Scarlett has higher tile damage. But yeah 0 flasks used. I tried a few levels with 3-2 red purple, but the results were not so good so I switched back to red mono. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was using only this team:

Athena -def is amazing and I like heroes with hard hitting specials as it makes easier to clean leftovers (saves battle items). With this much damage from specials I needed only few tornadoes for bosses on the hardest stages (9, 13, 14, 15) to get high scores there. Used around 15 tornadoes altogether.

Dunno how many flasks I used on Legendary because I am competing in all three (to get ranks 1000, 500, 1000). I used about 12 flasks, mostly in Epic, because I don’t have Falcon and Wu is not often usable.

Current score:

3 Likes