Gems pull f2p

this old chestnut…

I nearly have enough for a ten pull. Where do I do it?

I realise odds wise I am in very low % territory of improving my main team. I need a 5 star healer and could build around that - yellow would slot in so Vivica would be delightful.

My bench is pretty light except in season 1 4 stars. Getting a few costumes might help. I love Rigard in costume and hes going to be tough to give up.

Atlantis I have some 3 and 4 star, missing Wilbur and Proteus. Not super thrilled by the 5 star heros.

S3 looks great and would be pleased with most heros I have a few. Mireweave only 4 star Nordri and Greive.

So am I leaning towards costume 10 pull or S3. The ascension chest for Atlantis might be a decent consolation. Finally I could just wait until knights, guardians or Christmas. I don’t feel the HotM is swaying my decision.

As you can see some advice might help :wink:

This in my opinion. the biggest chance to get truly net new items that will help your roster

3 Likes

I am also F2P with mostly S1 4*. I am not sure if I would do a 10 pull in costumes as keys are pretty obtainable.

Season 2 with Proteus and Wilbur out there might sway me. Some of the seasonal heroes are great and pulling at the Halloween or Christmas Event might be your best bet? Plus the HOTM for them are looking fun… I would love a Thor.

1 Like

pulling for specific heroes with a small amount of pulls almost guarantees disappointment. seasonal events have TERRIBLE odds.

2 Likes

Costumes are great but you get a few pulls each month for free and also u need more depth instead of getting ur current heroes stronger.

S3 is great but would wait till other heroes, Thor Loki gef come out and featured. Those will be a staple and game changer.

I would do either atlantis for Wilbur and prot when good 5s are featured or guardians as the 4 are game changes in all aspects of the game. From events, titans, raids and war.

2 Likes

I think waiting for Thor might be setting myself up for a disappointment, January?

For the costumes they mean the 4 star heros don’t need emblems to work in war teams. So I am a massive fan, as well as giving options on the Trials. I do feel there’s a better chance of a 5 :star2: and getting another healer costume would be good. However you ain’t wrong I get 3 pulls a month just now and eat quite a bit.

S3 or Costumes sounds like the best plan to me, though if you’re aiming for a specific 5* (like a healer) it may be a good idea to wait until they’re featured.

1 Like

I might hold on, for a feature pull. Its slim chances but better than no chance. There are still a few heros that are exciting and I may treat myself at Christmas :+1::grin::rofl:

1 Like

All I needed to hear. Atlantis. 100%. Wilbur and Proteus are both game-changers. Pull till you get them, however many months that is. Work through Atlantis during the month and grind the *&% out of AR for seadragons to supplement with coin pulls.

Can you finish Legendary challenge events yet? No? Wilbur and Proteus will change that, and in doing so open up so much more loot to help you progress. Totally worth it.

A few months ago, I power leveled Proteus in 4 days after pulling him, just in time for a challenge event. Finished Legendary for the first time because of it.

IMO, no other easily accessible hero even touches Proteus in terms of game-changing ability.

5 Likes

As a fellow F2P, I’m prioritizing costumes mostly. Best chance of getting something new. I have a lot of the good costumes that have already been released - Rigard, BT, Kiril, Sonya, Skittleskull, Tiburtus, Melendor, Kasshrek - so I’m waiting for the next round to be released before I pull. If you are missing several of those key ones, I would pull now before the new batch gets released and dilutes the pull. I almost never run Rigard, Melendor, Skittleskull, or Kasshrek out of costume, I switch Tiburtus, Sonya, and Kiril in and out regularly, depending on the need, and although I almost always run classic BT, he’s a game-changer for monk trials as one of the only available healers.

Are you done with S2 normal and hard? If so, you might consider pulling at the S2 portal to get Wilbur and Proteus, since you are missing both. I finished S2 completely, without pulling either, and I saved up for a 10-pull that netted me Wilbur. No regrets. Also pulled Proteus on a lucky single pull later. They are as good as advertised. If you are not done with S2 yet, though, give yourself a shot with those free coins first.

I’d hold off on S3. You still have several more coins available there, even if you are completely up-to-date on provinces, and as others have said, the best heroes there may be yet to come.

Event odds are terrible, as stated. Presently, I’m saving all challenge coins to pull Guardians every five months until I get at least one of Falcon or Jackal, and I save EHTs for Christmas and Sand Empire each year. I feel like those are the best heroes for F2P. I would not spend gems there, though, as the odds are just too long, and if you are patient, you can get a decent number of pulls for free over the course of several months. For example, I did 24 EHT pulls on Sand Empire this year - netted one five-star (Horghall) and one event hero (Gafar).

The classics will come. I don’t think I’d ever target them specifically with gems, unless it was when their costume is featured. After going over a year and a half with no green legendaries, I’ve gotten Horghall, Lianna, and Kaidlen all in the span of less than a month. I say again, the classics will come. (Vivica is pretty great, though!)

1 Like

One of the things to keep in mind about 10 pulls is the Gem cost is different for challenge events vs Season 2 or 3. Challenge events 10 pulls are 2600 gems vs 3000 gems for S2 or S3.

From an odds perspective, if you’re digging for ways to improve your lineup, I think the best value out there is S3. Between HOTM, Featured S3, other S3 and S1 5* heroes, you have higher odds of getting a 5* hero than any other summon in the game currently. The S3 4* heroes are also very usable, although I’m not sure I’d say any of the S3 heroes can compare to Proteus or Wilbur.

I am currently saving my gems for my next 10 pull, and I’m hoping to hit 3K when Gefjon comes out. We’ll see how the stars align.

I agree with a lot of what @Noble_Weasel says above as well - if you save for what you want/need, you can do quite well as a F2P player - just be smart about where you’re investing your free pulls.

2 Likes

I’m F2P too and I priorize S3 heroes for my 10 pulls. The 5* are real killing machine! I have free pulls for costumes every month and already have collected most of the 4* without using gems. Atlantis is good but most heroes tend to be outdated to me. Also, I do my 10 pulls only when the HOTM worth the try. I might not pull until what; January, maybe…?

2 Likes

This is what I’m wrestling with. I need a few new projects, but man, the HotM this month looks meh; September even more so. I’d like to target Reuben (potential counter for Telluria) in December, but that’s a long wait.

1 Like

F2P here, too. I’d go for Costumes first, and S3 when all heroes are released.
S2 would be good, but being F2P, the chances for getting Wilbur/Proteus are veeeeery low. Actually, my last 10-pull was on S2 and I only got an Agwe.
I get around 600 gems monthly, so a 10-pull would be possible only every 5 months. So I’m not giving my chances on S2 again xD It will be very frustrating not getting Wilbur/Proteus after 3 tries (that’s more than a year).

Any pull you choose, good luck on that!

1 Like

I am really pleased a few f2p are responding, 5 or 6 months to get a ten pull. Thats the real bite for us getting dupes or feeder heros is heartbreaking :broken_heart: !

It would be my third pull on Atlantis and odds are I get some dupes. Wilber, Proteus I have been chasing, they would help. Grazul featured looks quite handy and I nearly buckled yesterday. Might still go for it, its the dupes here , I have one that feels like enough with Atlantis- another Ameona (3) and I might damage something.

I can finish some Legendary but I don’t lose sleep over it. Actually been impressed with little John with costume bonus, mana down equals one free round of specials. The costumes look great and I am missing a few but I also get it - i will earn ten pulls in a few months. So long term disappointment.

Season 3 is starting to be a clear value leader. Mostly due to the heros being that little bit better and me not having many. Also finding coins quite rare.

1 Like

Big thanks Noble_Weasel your summary is the exact f2p rundown. Patience and temperance :rofl::grin::+1:

1 Like

@Rob2

imo priority are:

• titans (so guardians and def down heroes, Wilbur and Miki/Tarlak)
  • eht for a seasonal hero you like (I chose MN, the most clutch /180 hero) and a good hotm of that month
  • everything else is a bonus
1 Like

I’m F2P and I’ve done in my playtime only a x10 pull in Atlantis (that gives me Telluria I was saving gems for). After that all the gems pulls brings me nothing (some event pulls and seasonal) so now I’m using them for increasing my roster space and continuing on tournaments that I have the possibility to be in the top 1%.

I don’t think I will use gems for pulls soon. I usually save coins of all kinds until I meet a pull who’s featured a hero I want. For this reason last costume chamber was the last summoning I’d do till Grimforest in October (is it right?) and waiting for november’s heroes (HotM, Vampires, and maybe Gefjon or Loki). I don’t have any Proteus or Wilbur or Hansel, I miss them but luck wasn’t with me.
This also because actually I can do almost everything with the heroes I have (miss a couple of trials and top places at legendary challenges) and some to level on the bench. I will use this months to focus on troops (a thing that’s usually underrated), and save pulls for the future.

1 Like

For a F2P the best heroes are those who boost your Titan damage. So Atlantis and Teltoc.

I hadn’t really thought that through but Boolz and Luiii are correct :+1:

Reading a different post on drop rates and they are all pretty average - except Titans where loot scales. So better loot on stronger Titans.

I have been thinking about this incorrectly. My war bench and defence are really offering marginal returns in terms of future loot :money_mouth_face: Titans scale so having better teams for the Titan is a priority. Tarlak, Wilbur, Proteus and the list keeps running - might need to review Ameona. Season 2 :clap::ok_hand:

2 Likes