10-pull -Valhalla or Atlantis?

I have been saving my gems the past 2 to 3 months and have enough for a 10-pull (my first, usually I just use my gems on a few single pulls). I had planned on the next Atlantis, as I miss quite a few good 4* Atlantis heroes (notably proteus and titan). My only 5* to date is Mok-Ar. I do have (and love) wilbur.

However, now Valhalla comes along, with shiny new heroes. What do you guys/galls recommend? Go with the original plan, wait a week and pull in atlantis and hope on some good luck, or do it now (and hope for some good luck).

1 Like

Either way you are hoping for luck to be in your side. Having not seen the s3 heros in action I think the possibility of Wilbur and Proteus in AR would be a bigger priority

3 Likes

I would say Valhalla. Valhalla has new 3* which are also quite good if you play Rare Challenge Event on score, useful and interesting 4* and literally no bad 5*, so no chance to pull Atomos or Mok-Arr.

3 Likes

Congratulations on pulling Mok… Forget the doubters, he’s a monster hitter if you can build the right teams for him.

4 Likes

Of course! However, S1 5* are also welcome (my single tc20 has yielded 0 so far… (about 2 months), and I also some good S1 4* heroes (rigard to name one). Proteus would make the challenges much easier (although Wilbur helped me complete avalon legendary for the first time).

Don’t quite have the teamdepth to have a use for Mok-Ar. He will sit on 2/60 until I run out of other purple projects

2 Likes

At 2.60 he’ll help with farming 8-7.

Having Wilbur there is a big piece of the jigsaw… BK or Khiona harness his power for the good, but having Wilbur plus one or two other purples in the stack will reduce the self-harm element of his SS.

Used right he’s a monster, and I’m certainly a proponent of “use what you’ve got” - if you’re ready to max a 5 and you’ve got one then there’s no point pining for ones you haven’t got.

3 Likes

I dunno… he says he doesn’t have Proteus and Proteus is just so so so damn useful.

Proteus makes finishing the Epic and Legendary Tiers on Challange events (and thus getting completion awards) so much easier (Ditto for some of the more challenging map and quest levels).

9 Likes

I think you have a bigger chance of getting useful heroes in Valhalla, compared to Atlantis (even if Proteus is indeed awesome). Going for one specific hero always has a big risk for disappointment.

5 Likes

Atlantis is way better IMO, for your situation.

1 Like

I’d go Atlantis good option on 4* gadeirus I use still to complete legendary challenge triton Is great sniper attack is up there with jackal, proteus well game changer ghosty love hits hard n fun to play with.
Any 5* you get a bonus :+1:

1 Like

From a bid I saw I have actually been pining for Mok-arr. Used in concert with Wilber…the damage is devastating.

2 Likes

I started this game the last day of August 20. I admit I’ve been very fortunate with my pulls and have tried to be smart with where I choose to use my gems.

I have been trying to figure out where best to use them as well. Thankfully, I have Proteus, so that is a factor, but in looking at these Season 3 heroes I don’t know…they seem way more OP than anything offered before. Even the 3*s are amazing.

I was going to wait for Atlantis, but I think I’m gonna go with Valhalla this round. A single pull got me Nordris (?). Looks like a 3* Frida to me. I can’t max her, but he can be done. I think I’m gonna go for it this time. Whatever I get will be a good investment as far as I can see. Don’t know you or what you have working, but as someone around where you are, that’s what I’m thinking. You do you bro. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for your input all. Opinions are pretty much evenly divided. I will probably do Atlantis next week, and then in a few months when I have gathered another 3000 gems I’ll try my luck with Valhalla, when the worth of those new heroes has been determined

1 Like

Imho, the best thing S3 has at the moment is the 3* Frida. Other heroes are really cool and cant hurt to have them, but if you cant afford to summon on a monthly basis I’d advice to wait for more S3 heroes. Heimdall can be a factor if you want him, because I belive that Alberich will never come back on Hotm’s Atlantlis rotation. So that leaves you with Mother North for a resser or Heimdall (and this is the best time to hunt him down, as the s3 5* hero pool is very shallow)

As for Atlantlis, unless you really want to try and get Telluria. Then I’d also say to wait, I personally havent been keeping up with Atlantli’s Hotm rotation but I belive that in 2 months you will get Gravemaker and Seshat… so if there is a time for pulling in atlantlis is going to be that one. But like I said, I havent been keeping up with rotations so I may be wrong on that combo. Still it worth to check, waiting 2 extra months for so much potential cant be bad (in the mean time you will probably get to see new S3 heroes to, and be able to make a better decision).

seshat and gravemaker don’t appear in the same month. Grave is in may, seshat is in june I think. and ursena in march is great.

1 Like

It’s just a subjective feeling, but it seems like Atlantis pulls have more S1 drops than the Valhalla pulls I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

IMO,… priority from top to bottom.

1. Atlantis = Proteus, Wilbur
  2. Guardian Teltoc = Jackal, Falcon
  3. Grimforest = Hansel

If we have all of those 5 heroes, next best pull is Avalon, then Valhalla.
Mean while, use valhalla coins to get Nordri if we are lucky :sunglasses:

The odds for former HotM heroes in atlantis are so low, I don’t really account for them. My msin objective would be proteus, all other (missing) 4* and 5* are bonus. I have not had luck with teltoc, so no guardians. Grimmforest also none. From avalon, I have Merlin, who now is my main mana controller.

proteus is like, more important than pretty much ANY 5 star heroes IMO, when you don’t have many 5 star heroes. This sounds kind of paradoxical, but it’s true because proteus alone will let you win a lot of hard stages like epic/legendary challenge events, the hardest level of key quests, season 2/3 hard mode etc etc etc that you just won’t be able to do without a good 5 star team.

So I’d chase proteus before chasing any 5 star hero tbh. of course the chances are far better too.

2 Likes