🦹 [Feb 2021] League of Villains Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results

The League of Villains Challenge Event!!

NOTE: This thread is being posted before the start of the event to facilitate early discussions. Table below has full dates & times

Start Time End Time Duration
2021-02-11T07:00:00Z 2021-02-15T07:00:00Z 4.0 days
Reflected Color
:new_moon_with_face: Dark/Purple

:world_map: @cap’s Original Stage Guide

Rewards Summary

Credit: @Cap
Source: 🌟 Memento Challenge Events - #2 by Mariamne

Click for Rewards Summary by Mariamne

NOTE: Completion Rewards will be given even if the final stage is completed after the event ended, as long as it’s started before the event ends.

:world_map: Alternative Guides

Transcript Guide to “Copy Paste” into In-Game Chat

Credit: @FighterJack
Source: 🦹 [Feb 2021] League of Villains Challenge Event – Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results - #55 by FighterJack

Expand to copy into game chat

League of Villains
Reflected: :elementdark:
[#4396ff]C = Crystalis
[#10ff18]T = Toxicandra
[#a569bd]D = Dark Lord
[#ff2508]A = Asterius
[#a569bd]K = Karnov
[#ff2508]I = Isrod
[#a569bd]I = Ingolf
[#4396ff]S = Sanngrior
[#a569bd]E = Edd
[#ff2508]S = Skrekok

Format:
Element(s) for waves 1 & 2 / Boss stage in order
1: :elementdark: / :elementdark: [#ff2508]S :elementdark:
[#ffffff]2: :elementfire::elementice: / [#a569bd]E [#4396ff]S
[#ffffff]3: :elementdark::elementice: / [#a569bd]I [#ff2508]I
[#ffffff]4: :elementdark::elementice: / [#a569bd]K [#ff2508]A
[#ffffff]5: :elementdark::elementice: / [#a569bd]D [#10ff18]T [#ff2508]I

6: :elementfire: / [#a569bd]E [#ff2508]S [#a569bd]I
[#ffffff]7: :elementfire::elementice: / [#ff2508]A [#a569bd]K D
[#ffffff]8: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#10ff18]T [#a569bd]D [#4396ff]C
[#ffffff]9: :elementdark::elementfire: / [#ff2508]I [#4396ff]C [#a569bd]K
[#ffffff]10: :elementdark::elementice: / [#4396ff]C [#a569bd]D [#ff2508]A

Guide by @VeryQuietly

Credit: @VeryQuietly
Source: Quick Reference Sheet and Graphics for Events, HOTM, hero types, summon portals, cost comparison

Click for Alternate Guide

Guide by @Zartanis

Credit: @Zartanis
Source: {Master - Zartanis' Guides} Building, Crafting, Event, Talent Grid Guides, etc

Click for Quick Guide

Click for Full Guide (Inc. Boss/ Mob HP's)

Guide by @ColdHands

Credit: @ColdHands
Source: Challenge Events by CH

Click for guide (not yet inc. Boss HP)

Villain Hero Use Bonus

This feature is NEW!!

The use of League of Villains Heroes in a given stage of the League of Villains Challenge Event will give a bonus to those heroes.

Specifically:

• Heroes of the Villains family bypass the Elemental Barriers in this Challenge Event’s stages
  • Heroes of the Villains family have increased attack, defense, and health (+20%) in this Challenge Event’s stages

In Previous Beta Builds, there was also a bonus to stage scores for using Villains family members, however this was removed in the final beta testing.

:gem: Summons Costs

Like all other Event Summon Portals, the Portal Cost is per below:

Single Summon

• 10 Challenge Coins
    OR
  • 300 Gems

10x Summon

• 2600 Gems

:game_die: Summoning Appearance Rates

Please note that Challenge Event Heroes are amongst the lowest odds of any Hero in the game. Even with a large number of Summons, you are very likely not to get Challenge Event Heroes, particularly 5*.

I highly recommend setting and sticking to a budget for Summoning to avoid overspending and frustration.

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 58.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 15.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Trainer Hero: 5.0%
Epic Trainer Hero: 5.0%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

Note: The addition of Trainer Heroes to the Portal Odds has come at the expense of Season 1 Odds. NO CHANGE has been made to the Challenge Event Hero Odds.
Share your thoughts on this addition here: Trainer Heroes in Event Portals -- Thoughts and Discussions

:money_with_wings: Analysis of Summon Appearance Rates

This table shows the cumulative probability of different Summon events, based on a total number of Summons (1x, 10x, 30x, 100x, 500x, 1500x). Based on 10,000 gems costing 99.99 USD, I have also added an approximate $ cost too.

Please note that NO occurrence is ever actually 100%; the 100% entries in the table below indicate cumulative probabilities sufficiently close to 100% that they are expressed as such for simplicity. All other numbers are rounded to the nearest 0.1%.

|Occurence|1x
US$3.00|10x
US$26.00|30x
US$77.99|100x
US$259.97|500x
US$1,299.87|1500x
US$3,899.61|
|-|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:expressionless:
| Get at Least 1 Villains Hero (3*-5*) | 14.6% | 79.4% | 99.1% | 100% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 5* Villains Hero | 1.0% | 9.6% | 26.0% | 63.4% | 99.3% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 5* Villains Hero | 0.17% | 1.7% | 4.9% | 15.4% | 56.6% | 91.8% |
| Get at Least 1 of Any 4* Villains Hero | 5.7% | 44.4% | 82.8% | 99.7% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 Particular 4* Villains Hero | 2.85% | 25.1% | 58.0% | 94.5% | 100% | 100% |
| Get at Least 1 3* Villains Hero | 7.9% | 56.1% | 91.5% | 99.9% | 100% | 100% |

Putting That In Perspective

• If 1 million players each spent US$26.00 to do 10 Summons, 206,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Villains Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$259.97 to do 100 Summons, 366,000 of those players would NOT get ANY Villains 5* Heroes

• If 1 million players each spent US$1,299.87 to do 500 Summons, 434,300 of those players would NOT get a particular Villains 5* Hero

Summary Graphic of Portal Odds

See below amazing summary graphic by @Dorkus showing what odds you can really expect from the various summons portals in the game:

:link: Related Threads

Related Info:

Hero Threads:

Previous Threads:

• N/A
29 Likes

Timeline posted in Announcements says event starts on Wednesday, not Thursday. Could you please clarify?

1 Like

Thanks Guvnor :slight_smile:
Do we know if this challenge replaced Riddles of Wonderlands or RoW will be next month and all other challenges will be postponed?

2 Likes

Am following that up now.

Latest info we have is that the new challenge events will alternate with their old colour counterpart (League of Villains with Pirates of Corellia).

So from that it’s just jumping into the queue and next month should be Riddles of Wonderland. In 5 months time we should see Pirates again and then League of Villains in 10 months time again.

9 Likes

I wonder if it’s really going to be 10 stages, or was it only like that in beta to prevent people from overtesting to have an advantage.

1 Like

Update, error on announcement thread. Should be sorted soon.

Thank you for the quick update!

They get things wrong and we bash them for it but removing the increased scoring from these new heroes is a good move and we should at least acknowledge this.

I didn’t like that mechanic so I’m glad they removed it.

17 Likes

Nice to see it has only 10 lvls per difficulty. It makes the completition less painful to me. Sometimes it seems to take forever to do 15 lvls.

14 Likes

I cant see any family bonus, so no family bonus at all?

It’s in each hero’s thread

" Villains Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 15% chance to heal for 10% / 30% of dealt damage when attacking an enemy."
2 Likes

So…no World Energy 1 stages? Sad. This was attractive to the newer players, you know, farming that for xp.

11 Likes

Ah, thnx, i missed that!

Is it sure concerning emblems from the completion rewards ? I’m pretty sure they are the same as a previous and very recent event.

Woohoo new 3* to summon :rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

11 Likes

Is it a bad idea to use all of my saved up Challenge Coins for this event? I’m f2p and was previously saving up for Jackal and Falcon. Got both of them and started saving for Hansel and Gretel. I still don’t have either, but I think I’d rather have 1 5* from this event than Hansel, Gretel, and a 5* from Fables of Grimforest.
I have 150+ coins saved up. Use them?

Hansel, Gretel, Jackal and Falcon are most-have heroes. If I were you, I would keep my coins.

4 Likes

Biggest question Will be indeed to pull here or wait for valhalla for a ten pull

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re saying there are four more new challenge events coming down the pike as well. True? Was there a beta beat or whatever that mentions this, that I missed?

2 Likes