Event play

During the challenge event is it best to use same color teams to win. I noticed when looking at the leader board, teams always have 4 or 5 players of the same color, is that the best way to play? It never seems to work well for me.

1 Like

If you’re going for high scores then, yes, it is basically the strategy that everyone uses. Of course, the boards need to cooperate. The players at the top of the leaderboard for the event use a lot of flasks and flee on boards that aren’t very conducive to a good score.

5 Likes

They also use hoards of battle items… basically you take a mono or 4+1 team, some high damage battle items and mana pots and look for a diamond of the right color in the first few moves. If you get your diamond, soon enough, you use battle items to burn through the mobs and unleash the diamond and the full power of your team against the bosses, hoping for a high score. Of course, that’s a basic way to put it.

4 Likes

For top 1000 L or top 500 E, no need for stacking colours. Especially if you have Wilbur. I always play 2-2-1 and always I finish in the first 200 at both…

1 Like

Also be mindful that some top players will rerun the level with a different team, just to hide their ideas. It’s not common, but don’t always assume that the team you see is the one that got the top score!

4 Likes

Excellently put, the best case scenario though is that you don’t use the diamond on the boss wave and just finish them all off with items + special skills.

Clearing the stage with just one move like that (and as fast as possible) will give you the best possible score :slight_smile: Easier done in the first couple levels though, this gets more difficult the more HP minions have.

Also worth noting that this gets very resource intensive in the Epic and Legendary. Rare is the most friendly to compete in (and even that is also very resource intensive).

1 Like