💘 Elba - 5* Fire / Red from Season of Love

New Season of Love Hero is released: Elba

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Elba, as well as your thoughts on Elba.

Elba

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Paladin
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 1065 1021 1776
4/90 1219 1168 2032
Origin Family
Season of Love Cupid
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: Resist Special Skill Blocking
This character has innate resistance against status ailments that block Special Skills.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Vanguard of Passion
  • Deals 325% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Caster and nearby allies recover 1000 health after 4 turns. If the effect is removed before the duration ends, recovers 1300 health instead.
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 125% of the damage received for 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Cupid Family

Cupid Family supports other families and realms.

• Solo Heroes get +20% increase for any healing received. Team members are Solo Heroes if they have no family or realm members in the Team.

Event Hero Bonus

The members of this family have additional perks in the Season of Love event.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Damage is increased from 300% to 325%.
  • Delayed health recovery is increased from 600 to 1000, and if this effect is removed, then health recovery is 1300 instead of 900.
  • Counterattack is reduced from 130% to 125%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Season of Love Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v63]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Elba ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Elba.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Elba and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Elba worth summoning for?

• Would you use Elba on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Elba ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Elba as an opponent?

• Would you give Elba Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Elba’s character design?

• If you Summoned Elba and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Elba, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Elba when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Elba, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Elba (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Elba), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

Feedback Poll - Elba (post release)

:question: Is Elba worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all
0 voters

:question: How many copies of Elba would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them
0 voters

:question: What do you think Elba’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Healer (Over Time)
  • Counterattack Buffer
0 voters

:question: What do you think of Elba compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)
0 voters

:question: How does Elba’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Elba’s Base Stats?

Note this means Elba’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly
0 voters

:question: Is Elba worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.
0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Elba is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.
0 voters

:question: How do you think Elba is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams
0 voters
Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Elba worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No
0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Elba then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)
0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad
0 voters

Looks like Ukkonen’s sis. Though Ukko is probably better on defense due to AoE and dispel immunity to himself + flanks.

She got a nice buff, as she does more damage and heals more now. Also it’s lucky that the slow red Ebba doesn’t get talked about much, otherwise people will mix her up with Elba :laughing:

2 Likes

since now her heal has become heal 1000hp after 4 turns, i am wondering how will this skill work in equalizer war? Remove the effect and heal 1300hp for three?

The OP now contains the changes.
Polls are enabled.

The worst hero in the portal, imho.

It might be how tremor works as well. So even if she’s killed she will heal her neighbours the 1300 hp because that counts as removing the effect

Weird combination of skills, the remove-heal is of course an equalizer skill, while the counter attack is the opposite of an equalizer skill on top of that a heal-3 which usually limits the usefulness of a hero to defense and tank.

So am I supposed to level this hero for equalizer tank alone and then get annoyed that the counterattack is useless?

Is it meant to be always half good, half junk?

I don´t know, feels like SG is just randomly throwing around combinations of skills without putting much thought into it. Too many heroes to think them through?

I don’t think the point of this hero is for equiliser, as if used in a normal situation it forces the opponent to choose between enduring the counterattack, or dispel and allow the enemies to heal 1300HP on the spot, putting them in a predicament? :thinking:

7 Likes

It’s a tremor style effect removal. Which means if she fires again when the buff is effected, it procs the 1300 hp. And it’s not even 1300hp, her family bonus turns it into 1560hp

1 Like

I can see that being a tactic at low level play, where people have trouble dealing enough damage to actually kill things, maybe even with the fancy new big HP troops? That could help this hero for sure.

Maybe the heal on death could be very annoying. I hadn´t thought of it, not actually 100% sure it will do that, but if it does that could be a good point. Unless you can kill all 3 in the same hit, it might be very annoying to kill the tank and then get the other 2 healed. I mean still you killed the tank which is often half way to winning, but still it´s cramping up the style :wink: Would have to play against that to see how that works in reality.
Anyway, easiest thing to do is probably to just dispel it all, let them heal (it´s not even overheal) and then kill them.

Compare this package to Aramis, who overheals and gives undispellable ailment protection without you getting a choice at all. No I don´t see this guy (where the attacker chooses counterattack or heal) invading top level defs. Aramis is not top tank anymore I guess, but he sure is still much scarier than this one.

1 Like

Well you sure can see the power creep in stats how much it’s jumped since the older cupid heroes. Cupido is still a favorite of mine.

3 Likes

Its after four turns… thank you playforfun for all the work you do on this forum. We appreciate you!

2 Likes

9 Likes

I was not expecting to pull her due to the low pull rate, but I guess I won’t complain. I have been using C2 Obakan as tank for a while and the counter skill is just great. I personally think hitting three heroes make the game more fun because it force players to be more strategic. I do think we will see her in a few top defenses soon. Will be using her on both attack and defense line ups.

Or

6 Likes

any news on her?
i have yet to see her anywhere and just got her

oops, just noticed that the healing is AFTER 4 turns… i thought it was over 4 turns… not as appealing now :sob:

1 Like

Good point @Star150m. The card doesn’t quite match the OP.

@PlayForFun Do you mind changing the text from “for 4 turns” to “after 4 turns” to match the card? I thought she was HoT but not the case.

1 Like

Thx, I have fixed this.

1 Like

Thank you @PlayForFun !

Learning this about Elba solidified my decision to save my EHTs and not pull in this seasonal event.

1 Like