šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Updated Ninja Tower Event [Part of The Beta Beat v43]

Iā€™ve just thought of another positive (from my point of view, not necessarily SGā€™s). My plan was to play NT as normal and ignore the extra levels. Now that normal ends at 25 I need only complete 5 stages a day instead of the previous 10. As a bonus thereā€™ll be plenty of tower energy in case of mishaps.

5 Likes

This should be the case with every challenge event too.

Itā€™s just dumb that competing in challenge events is 70% about rerolling until a good board / chest comes up.

4 Likes

As SG have developed and introduced these effects.
I would be suprised if these ideas are not reused in any further events.
Maybe they will redesign some old challange events too (when they will add costumes to them if this will ever happen).

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing without mono since tower began people should treat this as an opportunity have fun and experiment.

Maybe you find some NEW ways to win that help you increase your skill in the rest of the game.

2 Likes

It is not the lack of mono that will make it super hard, it is everything combined.

33% chance to resist status ailments that affects mana or special skills, so that leaves out the likes of, Lotl, Alrifke, Zocc, Proteus, Hel, Onatelā€¦

combine that with 50% less effective defense down, that means no falcon, Leo-C, Marj-C, wilbur, Santa. You can bring Morel, Tiburtus-c, Fogg but they are handcuffed in their usefulness

Combine that with the damage reduction every time you cast a specialā€¦that really makes you not want to cast any specials except for maybe a healer or 2. You can cast your special and theyā€™ll do damage, but then tiles are going to be way less effective.

Anyone of these in isolation is not a problem, but combined it is going to rough. I donā€™t have all the above heroes I mentioned, but it does seem at first glance like 50% of my roster or more will be near worthless.

That being said. Iā€™m up for the challenge, I just donā€™t have high hopes

2 Likes

Just use the delayed DOT heroes that can trigger within 1 turn like gullin and carol

Iā€™m not too bothered by the resistance or def down additions really. Later on they only last one turn anyway so donā€™t really feel losing much

3 Likes

Def down heroes work for at least 2 turns (Wilbur), and the regular ones even 4 turns (Tiburtus, Gormek Grimm) with the Erratic Time in consideration.

And itā€™s most of the time the one explosive turn that decides the fight - which is now gone as an alternative.

I guess that the improved blessings will make the Impossible floors pretty possible, however the chances of getting key heroes cursed increases. Which benefits even more players with bigger rosters.

3-2 combinations will be fine and I guess that buffs will be more important than debuffs (Wu Kong for example will be the new star).

Agreed. Gullinbursti will be an all-star. The more you have, the better. If you can form two 5-gulli teams the improved Tower should be a breeze.

3 Likes

Yes but also remember the blessings that make you insanely overpowered. Things will tend to balance out.

I already donā€™t use any mana controllers on tower due to erratic time. I let the bosses fire all the specials they want because I use overheal heros and constant minion making to make my teams virtually indestructible.

If you want to finish the tower itā€™s easy, the only reason youā€™re going to spend items a ton is if youā€™re just playing to get very low times. The way I play Iā€™m just going to complete not compete.

3 Likes

cChao and Onatel (and cRenfeld - 3* are hard to kill with numerous blessings) actually benefit greatly from Erratic time, since their buff only lasts for 2 turns, however it steals 50% first turn and 100% second turn. As a result you practically recharge them over and over and fire them again and again, and the bosses get almost all mana stolen. Now that is no longer a strategy either.

7 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m with you, other time I always compete for top 500, now I donā€™t even want to finish this and the next Magic tower. I donā€™t really need those emblems much tbh, I think I have more emblems than heroes now :joy:

1 Like

So ā€¦just many more reason to keep skipping the towerā€¦ ok

So wut now they want you to bring Rainbow Team, use no items and specials and just kill em with tiles :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve always done the tower 3-2 but I think when I reach those levels Iā€™ll see how 2-2-1 goes.

Iā€™ve also been doing 3-2 or 2-2-1 (when I needed Onatel and yellow wasnā€™t a strong color). Full rainbow does mean that Iā€™d be able to use some heroes that see little use in NT as it is currently, but with being limited to mostly tile damage and that tile damage being precipitously reduced (and thus the levels probably taking much longer to finish), I suspect Iā€™m going to wash out and have to try to just be happy about the hour and a half of free time Iā€™ll have on the weekend due to not doing levels.

Cool, Ninja tower has also become pay to complete. I hope everyone has saved 250 gems for the 5 needed flasks and has not used those 250 gems for anything else.

At least if you want to complete the tower. Iā€™ll go for normal-25, impossible-25 and simply stop there.

(sarcastic mode on)

Imagine a new event in which fully completion costs one 4* ascension material! Just save it and donā€™t use it on any 5* hero so you can complete the event for free!

(sarcastic mode off)

6 Likes

So this mean that itā€™s gonna be like magic tower and to complete it weā€™ll need to gemā€¦ if so canā€™t see this being a very popular change :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the infoā€¦

Although, in your next edit/update, you might want to update the verbiage to Tower of Magic and change them to Ninja Tower. I know some of the information are the same between the two towers and copy and pasting is still the best invention since sliced bread, but still.

And Tower Energy is still capped at 10 as to NOT repeat the mistake of having 75 levels only doable with 50 free/recharged flags and the small energy flasks only giving 5. Love that. /s

2 Likes

What would these ducks tell us if they could talk?

ā€œWe are batsā€