šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

Fair point. But I have no control over whether I get troops or heroes from those (I actually hope for troops most of the time). I guess it all depends on how many Iā€™m expected to get.

Sorry zeph, not meaning to direct my disapproval at you, I know you have no control over this, and I know itā€™s still in beta and everything. I mean, parts of this seem like they could be fun, but Iā€™m worried about the potentialā€¦ ā€œissuesā€ā€¦ as have come up with other new concepts. Thatā€™s all. I hope they make it workable and beneficial to most players, not just paying players, but also providing something fun and loot-worthy for those who donā€™t want to shell out more money.

3 Likes

Do you know if all challenges have to be completed in order to receive all rewards in a Valor season? Or is there more than enough opportunity to miss a few challenges and still get all rewards across the 50 days? A lot has been been said in this stream, so I apologize if this has already been explained.

Iā€™m pretty confident that players with VIP will have no trouble hitting the counts for those, even without any gem Summoning.

Iā€™m a little less sure about players with VIP, since I donā€™t track how many silver tokens I get normally. But it seems like it would be a lot over the course of 50 days.

Thereā€™s a F2P version of the rewards, but if theyā€™re anything like whatā€™s in Beta right now, this is really heavily geared to people who purchase the Valor Pass.

3 Likes

Sees new beta thread.
Reads new thread.
ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦
OH GOD THEYā€™RE DAILIES.

I quit WoW because of that. Iā€™m not going back to that! Iā€™M TOO PRETTY TO GO BACK TO JAIL.

I still have flashbacks of something involving a tree and a flying bird.

All aboard the nope train straight to nope-vile, one way ticket are a nope nope nope.

9 Likes

Got an ideaā€¦ Why not call it ā€œPath of the richā€ or maybe ā€œPath of the open walletā€? Cause having to pay the $$$ in order to access content you already ā€œpayed the iron priceā€ for, has nothing to do with VALORā€¦ this is a taint on the word ā€œvalorā€. Do I worry about the payed content widening the gap between player categories? No, I donā€™tā€¦ it already is not a gap anymore, itā€™s an impassable void, so, no, I donā€™t worry about thatā€¦ I just canā€™t help notice how f2p are slowly driven awayā€¦

12 Likes

Thereā€™s no way to know this, because:

3 Likes

Ahhhhhh yesā€¦ Thank you very much.

1 Like

Itā€™s not really f2p if you did all the work for 50 days to get top valor points/rewardsā€¦ you ā€œearned itā€ . Look at it as ā€œpick up feeā€ too get your prizes. Your still better then the p2wins cause they just bought the ā€œspecialsā€ did no workā€¦ morally your on high ground my friend!!

To be clear, you have to do the exact same tasks either way.

Itā€™s just that on the free path, you get fairly minimal rewards, and on the premium paid path, you get astronomically better rewards.

Same work. Different rewards.

7 Likes

So, is there loot tiers? The higher the tier the more you pay? Astronomical is a strong word @zephyr1 are you sure your not using it out of context?

1 Like

Sure, sure, I get that, I get that they need to make money and I understand the reasoning behind the ā€œpromotionā€ and allā€¦ but I already purchased my second full year of VIP with the expectation that I probably wouldnā€™t have to make any more purchases unless I wanted to engage in a 1v1 cage fight grudge match against RNG to try to pull a HOTM or something (and since I have no desire to max out my credit cards at this time, I concede defeat). Itā€™s my understanding that there are no ā€œrefundsā€ for buyerā€™s remorse after purchasing a one-year club membership ahead of time. And thatā€™s fine. But itā€™s a little annoying to find that there is going to be a totally separate club that already-established VIP members are not privy to. Kind of like when your TV / internet / cell phone provider offers a special deal to new members while essentially telling their longtime subscribers ā€œthatā€™s only for new customers, youā€™ve been with us for a while, we have your money already so you can go suck eggsā€. :confused:

Again, I understand, theyā€™re trying to make money. But I kind of think the Valor thing should be automatically included with VIP, and retroactively applied to anyone who already purchased it ahead of time.

4 Likes

Yes we know IT SUCKS. :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Dang I just got that vip deal for 4.99 with the 350 gemsā€¦ did I just screw myself out of Valor loot?

1 Like

Ok @zephyr1 will it include the use of We or will this be totally do as you want and can??

No but apparently you now have to pay extra if you also want Valor. If I had known that ahead of time, I might have weighed the options between whether to buy VIP or Valor, depending on which one had better rewards.

3 Likes

No, itā€™s two sets of rewards, and you unlock each Milestone by earning more Valor Points.

Many Milestones have no free rewards.

The current difference between the free and paid rewards is probably roughly 20x better. That seems pretty astronomical to me.

9 Likes

20x better is pretty astronomical. Can they include an option to temporarily switch my VIP to a Valor pass?

EDIT: Iā€™m fairly certain that zeph, unlike myself, doesnā€™t use words like that out of context, for the sake of sarcasm or hyperbole. If a forum moderator tells you that something in the game is significant, itā€™s probably safe to assume that theyā€™re being serious.

9 Likes

Will they be selling any ā€œvalor pointsā€ offers in the shop? Be nice to skip the farming and get right to the astronomical awards

1 Like

Thatā€™s an interesting idea, but itā€™s frankly pretty clear this feature is meant to increase revenueā€¦so I donā€™t see that happening.

4 Likes

True, but I dont see SG giving out a lot of anything goodā€¦ its like weā€™re all starving for mats

1 Like