🧪 Early information on the October 2022 HOTM -- Celidana [Part of The Beta Beat V50]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the October 2022 HOTM, Celidana

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Celidana Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Power: 807

Attack: 729
Defense: 793
HP: 1470

Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Class: Cleric
Family: Legends 2022

Innate Ability: Boost Health on Enemy Special
When an enemy casts their Special Skill, this character has a 50% chance to boost this character’s health by 100.

Innate Resistance: Resist Max Health Reduction
*Ths character has innate resistance against max health reduction.

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Sacrament of Salvation

• Boosts health of the caster and nearby allies by 800. Boosted health can exceed max HP.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +50% defense as long as caster has boosted health. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • The caster and nearby allies resist max health reduction for 5 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies immunity to new Fiends for 4 turns.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master #beta-beat thread:

11 Likes

Whoa, DEADLY VF tank for sure.

5 Likes

Too many Cleric healers.

19 Likes

“slow”

“caster and nearby”

NEXT!

26 Likes

Another Zulag, beastly on paper but very average in game.

11 Likes

I’m not in love with the idea of her… Kinda reminds me of the lizard guy costume… But better… But nearby… Not a fan.

2 Likes

Basically the 5* version of this hero I just finished yesterday.

6 Likes

If anyone figures out what to do with these “caster and nearby” healers, let me know, my Sanngrior really wants to know!

25 Likes

With 2 self healing heroes at the wing and two dangerous flanks or heroes that cause more damage when health is boosted will be a goos synergy, definetly more options on 5s than 4s

4 Likes

Klaern has spotted a place

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl: mine is levelled but not emblemmed.

2 Likes

It’s a no from me ……
Either change the speed to average ……
Or boost health to all …
Or adjust the skill to add something new / different …
Celidana is underwhelming in Beta …

14 Likes

I definitely won’t try to get her.
I find using heal-3 healers difficult. Taking into account that I have Gullinbursti, D’Andre and Vivica I think I don’t need another yellow healer. I think I will try to get Grace in September instead.

5 Likes

Not fun of “heals caster and flanks” heroes. Not fan of 4* Lizard for this reason, nor Blue Evil Fairy. And those are average speed. In VF she may be handy, but does anyone think yellow tank in tourney mode dominated by purple heroes (Alfrike, Ludwig, Lu Bu, Viscaro etc…) is a good idea? Maybe as a flank, but there are better options for that too.

4 Likes

Two of them as flanks to a purple tank maybe, but

:wink:

3 Likes

Reduce the amount of boosted health to 625, but have it for all. Then give the undispellable def buff to all but herself. That would make her serviceable but not overpowered/underpowered.

6 Likes

Not one for me which obviously means multiple copies will be added to my roster, best clear some space this SE

1 Like

i love my Sanngrior! +20 and LB :grin: she’s been amazing since her buff to overhealing.

really, it depends on your roster. if i’m going up against a bunch of hit-all heroes (Octros, etc.), i sometimes like bringing riposte.

| flex | riposte hero | Sanngrior | riposte hero | Gullinbursti |

Milena sometimes takes the flex spot so i have a cleanser and someone who can actually deal direct damage. my riposte heroes on this team are usually Ferant and Boril.

i’m less bothered by caster-and-nearby healers (AS LONG AS THEY’RE NOT SLOW SPEED) because most that i have aren’t cleansers, so i’ll usually add a Rigard to the team by default or something. me personally, i also have Goseck, so it’s actually to my advantage if Goseck takes some damage and doesn’t end up getting healed sometimes.

6 Likes

No thanks what about nov and dec?

1 Like

Once again passive abilities seem more interesting than the special itself.
Moreover, what’s the point of giving her an innate resistance against health reduction and then giving her a special that gives her, guess what, resistance against max health reduction?
There are so many yellow heroes that Celidana seems absolutely redundant

6 Likes