🧪 Early information on the December 2023 HOTM -- Leadria [Part of The Beta Beat V62]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the December 2023 HOTM, Leadria

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Leadria Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fancy name: Queen of the Eternal Spring

Power: 899

Attack: 832
Defense: 916
HP: 1623

Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Class: Cleric
Family: Legends 2023
Aether Power: Defense Up

Innate Ability: Boosted Health From Dead Minion
This character recovers 30 boosted health when a minion owned by them is destroyed.

Innate Resistance: Resist Max Health Reduction
This character has innate resistance against max health reduction.

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Spriit of Spring

• Summons a Spirit of Spring Minion for all allies with 35% HP inherited from the caster.
  • When summoned, the Spirit of Spring Minion boosts 200 health for its owner for as long as the owner has a Spirit of Spring Minion. This effect can’t be dispelled.
  • All allies’ Special Skill deal an additional 20% damage for 4 turn.
  • Element Link gives all Nature allies +10% additional Special Skill damage for 4 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

10 Likes

@PlayForFun Thank you very much, dear friend, for your work! Tell me, please, when the spirit of spring increases health by 200, can it exceed the maximum? You don’t have it written, but someone said yes. That’s why I want to clarify.

This is a HP boost, so it can go over 100% until 200%.

And this 200 HP boost is actually happening at the end of each turn while a hero has this speial minion

It does not get 200 at the summoning of the minion, but it happens after you move tile.

11 Likes

Leadria is a buffed up version of Red Hood. No up front damage, but instead we get a solid healer.
35% minion health is in line with some of the other classic healing percentages. It’s minion so it’s effectively “more” (assuming you don’t take against anti minion teams). Add in 200 boosted health per turn and you get a nice one turn heal. At 4/80 she has 1623 HP so her minion will have 568 health and you’ll get another 200 on top of it.

The problem I always had with Red Hood is if you have the minion, you generally don’t need the continous healing. But since this is boosted health, you’ve got quite a few turns for that minion to max out your boosted health.

I think she’ll be good but not great. I’d use her like any other healer, but the downside here is she doesn’t come with any secondary effects. In many situations I may prefer Melendor for a dispel to go along. With no attack on the minion you don’t get a trickle of damage to move things along, but that’s not a dealbreaker. But a lot of my healers are used in part for their secondary effects. Mel dispels. Sabina dispels and buff blocks. Rigard cleanses.

Leadria simply heals. She does that thing incredibly well. I just may want her to do more. I would probably level her if I get her, but I don’t see her as a hero I need yet.

I would have loved to see her get resistance against minion removal to really make her strong.

6 Likes

So the overheal is what red hood should have been if they really buffed her…

1 Like

A (so far) unique ability.
We’ve had “Health from Dead Minion” but not “Boosted Health From Dead Minion”

Another (great) natural pair with R&N.

5 Likes

Overpowered!!

30? My God. Imagine if 100 minions were not only summoned but removed. /s

1 Like

Thought the max was 15 ( 5 x 3 ) :thinking:

If you have HOT, the Leadria will replace that HOT with her minion heal.
If you have the minion heal, you will not get heal over time.

Something to think about as you pair her with other healers.

1 Like

At one time. Repeat that a zillion times and you have, like, a whole lot.

30 is just a hilarious number to me. Let’s say somehow you had 10 minions summoned and removed-300 health? Wowzers.

To me it just seems so excessively weak-what’s the point?

3 Likes

Well, better than last year Dec 2022 HOTM, guess what, Balur got 20HP for each bleed :joy:

2 Likes

This is a disastrous Hotm ever and never. There is no room to nerfed her anymore.

That is disappointing and thank you for brining it up!

1 Like

Underpowered. Not terrible, but so many minion neutralizer now. The Special Skill dmg up is too small, +20% is negligible, maybe if it was +50% it might be worth it. You could get well over +30% attk from other heros. And that’s +30% to every attack not just Special skill.

So basically Arco with better heal from the minion and no stoneskin :thinking: Sounds nice if that’s the case. If there are three minions on a hero does that mean they get 600 boosted health per turn?

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

I… I mean, it might change before it releases, but I would not mind having this fancy lady and her boosting minions.

If it does get nerfed though, the amount of boosted health from the minions, I hope it’s something a little more sensible than 200 on the spot, unless I’m misreading and it’s like regenerative boosting over time. Maybe 100 or 150 boosted health.

1 Like

So this is 200 boosted health per turn right? Does that stack with each minion?

Is that supposed to say eternal not ethenal?

1 Like

No, 1 or 2 or 3 minion heals the same amount (200).
And yes 200 per turn until there is at least 1 minion on the ally.

Eternal, fixing.

2 Likes