đŸ§Ș Early information on the April 2021 HOTM Frosth

For now, another really weak HotM.
Quite early, but if things stay the same (or close to that) save your money for another hero.

No beta tester who used him want him for their real account.
Be it plenty of minion maker heroes, be it with none.

4 Likes

So if the existing minion has 100/166 HP when Frosth fires, does that mean the existing minion essentially heals by 20% to 133/166 HP (100+33)? Or does the minion go from 100/166 to 120/166? Does he add the 20% based on the max HP of the minion or the current HP of the minion?

The wording of this special is not very clear. (I’m not surprised tho).

3 Likes

Unfortunately can’t confirm how it affects wounded minions as beta is closed at the moment. Fingers crossed he will come back, and potentially reworked.

3 Likes

I am leaning towards healing and adding additional heath to the minion. Because if that’s the case, he’ll be interesting as he’s the first summoner to heal a minion’s health
My question here is how many times does it stack?

1 Like

But some comments here are right. Older minions are just going to be replaced by newer minions so it doesn’t matter whether it stacks or not
Just a quick brainstorm but I added in a new effect for the frost sprite minion as a fan made buff

• the frost sprite minion passes on all added buffs on it to the owner when it gets removed.

So this means that when the oldest frost sprite minion gets remove when frosth fires his skill again, he gets +20% attack and recovers 20% health.

Is it me or is every crap hero that was churned out since the 2nd half of 2019 are all about minion summoning. This is really lacking in creativity.

Minions used to be so unique especially from Delilah. Ever since Christmas 2018 with MN/Santa/Buddy, this seems like it has gotten out of hand.

Why not make the next one an Azlar with fast mana speed? Then it can combo extremely well with Frigg.

Or perhaps summon fire minion for each ally where each hit from the minion will give DoT for 2 turns.

Does SG have a list of abilities (new and old) and put weightage to the number of abilities a hero should have vs the mana speed?

2 Likes

Freya is one of best valhalla heroes, she is just pretty rare and under the radar but she has great stats, fast mana and very beefy minions.

4 Likes

His one downfall is that he gives everyone a minion and that is not in his favour. Because his minions are weaker, it’s going to replace other summoner’s stronger minions. If he would to only summon for himself and nearby allies, summoners far away from him can also benefit from his effect and apply it to their minions effectively instead of fighting for minion space. I believe this simple change will make him so much better than what he is now

Summoning minions is essentially all he does, though. The minion buff he gives is
 What, another 30 HP? A minion’s damage is negligible. It seems I’m hearing is “his one problem is he tries doing something, and then he gets in my way.” And I don’t think you’re even wrong. But it does make him sound like he belongs in the 3* arenas until he gets buffed ¯_(ツ)_/¯

That 20% hp should be from his base health, not from the minion’s. 30hp is simply ludicrous

2 Likes

But then he is competing with premium hero Freya

I would suggest something to a snowball effect.

Frosth gets extra minion after 3 turns if at least one of hers is alive.

There is a notion here that states hotms shouldn’t be as powerful as premium heroes. Not as powerful, but not useless at the same time. I think he fulfils the role of minion support well for a hotm. in fact I think you could even run a legit minion team on defence with him
I won’t necessarily say he is competing with Freya because they both do different things. Freya buffs attack while frosth buffs health. The attack increase for the minion is just a bonus effect for him. 20% health is just right, not too much and not too little. Maybe 25% would be too broken for fast as that is Noor’s standard already

That would be the same as seshat’s minions.
The reason why I mention giving minions only to himself and nearby allies is because you can surround him with non summoners and they can benefit from his effect. The other summoners faraway from him also gets to benefit from him. He is very good at maximizing the abilities of QOH’s minion, would be a pity if his minion replaces QOH’s.
And if he only summons a minion for himself, he becomes very niche as a hero. He’s basically useless on a team of non summoners. So minion to three for him is just right

Extra minions for himself every 3 rounds, and 1 for each ally stays the same. Just a slight buff.

Freya also buffs defense as well as higher HP, thats why she feels similar to Frosth

If Frosth adds 20% of his own HP then yes, that’d be a useful deal. I don’t think that’s what he truly does though, and yes, it’s ludicrous. I hope I’m wrong, but even the beta testers don’t seem to be on the same page with which way he works. We’ll figure it out on his next beta round I suppose ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’d personally prefer he summons minions for everyone because the only other summoner I have is Telluria, and she doesn’t crank out enough on defense that I worry about them getting replaced. If I had more heroes, then yeah, I think summoning for 3 might be better

2 Likes

I’m seeing this on a different angle since I’m a skadi user. As I have a decent amount of defence debuffers like frigg, the defence up for Freya never mattered for me to begin with. But with frosth, boosting minion health it’s quite a different scenario, 30% health on two layers of his minions might make me miss many minion kills with skadi. And as you know skadi is a wasted slot if she can’t stack. I don’t really know as well, it’s too early to decide the outcome

Definetely not a april 1st fools joke. #gamechanger

Please have frosth be the teenage/adult version of this little guy. That’ll be so awesome

2 Likes

Abilities are applied respectively from top to bottom
He summons with 10% hp (=133)
Then he adds the bonuses 20% hp
Which means total minions health =160
I think It’s not a big deal

2 Likes

It’s very confusingly worded. I saw it as 133 (10%) + a further 267 (20%). That’s already a 400 health minion on fast. If that’s the case he is probably the best summoner on fast, stat wise. Hope to god the 20% is not based on the minion’s own stats because it would be pointless

1 Like

If that’s the case, then freya and bera’s minions would be insanely tough to deal with

They summon with 20%
Then he adds another 20% (all 3 have almost same hp)
So that’s 40%
Imagine a raven/moth has nearly 550 hp without accumulating emblems and troop bonuses

2 Likes