🧪 Early Information on Season 3 Valhalla Summon Portal [Part of The Beta Beat V27]

I really really really really really hope they don’t “Drip Feed” the heroes in…

Main reason being:
it’s unfair to players who spend their gems & items early on what could be “worse” heroes…

Say if we go back to S2 and they drip-fed the heroes in there… Say that Proteus & Wilbur (arguably two of the best 4* heroes from S2) were released in the 3rd hero release… but you have gone & used all your free summons on the first couple of releases… not fair is it…? Especially if there is no notice of there being future hero releases…

@MysterySpin explains it better than me so I’ll just bulk quote him:

Withholding heroes from Summon Gate/Adding heroes to an old Summon Gate

“But we’re planning to add more 3* and 4* heroes in later batches for Season 3.”
This problem doesn’t affect the vast majority of players but as it concerns the reason why I personally went from being a whale in this game to severely cutting back my spending in this game and starting the process of looking for other games and if SGG has shown they love nothing more than their whales they might care to know this but also that those problems now appear to be creeping further into the game to potentially affect more players.

New Challenge Event Heroes without Featured Odds from a whale’s perspective

Whilst stuff like the rubbish Alchemy Lab was a major annoyance it wasn’t necessarily a deal breaker for me, what was my deal breaker was the handling of the new Challenge Event heroes and specifically add new heroes to old summons gates with any form of featured boosted odds or any odd modifications what-so-ever to reflect more heroes in a particular category.

To those that don’t spend much and don’t have most of the event heroes in the gate that doesn’t really matter much but for your whales that had already sunk plenty of money in those gates to get everything they wanted from the gate – whether that be one specific event hero, 2 of them or even the whole set – which would often result in many dupes of Event 5* you weren’t after anyway. You would eventually have got to the point where you’d got what you wanted from that particular gate that you were now finished with and would instead set your sights on a different gate to get other heroes.

Then a whole bunch of much more OP heroes were dumped into old gates that you’d previously spent a lot to be done with at even lower odds than before of getting something you might want. Instantly everything spent before accumulating older dupes would have been better off saved and spent now when you had chances to get these better ones whereas now you’re likely to walk away with more dupes of stuff you spent a lot to get in the first place.

Comparing it to Season 2 and why with Season 3 it will now affect F2P and C2P also

But hang on, Season 2 added new 5* heroes with each new family – yes they did, but the gate also came with “Featured hero” boosted odds so that you could specifically choose when to pull to have a better shot at getting a new 5* or 5* you didn’t have over another hero. This did not happen with the new Challenge Event gates nor is it likely to happen with the Seasonal Gates. As such given how bad the odds are of getting something new at those gates if you’ve previous spent a lot at them there is not really much point doing any more than using said gate as a cheaper way to pull for the HOTM than the more expensive Atlantis and Costume gates.

So why does this relate to Season 3? Surely the summon gate there will be like Season 2 with boosted “Featured Heroes” well because now it relates to the 3* and 4* heroes and will therefore begin to not just be a whale only issue but start to affect more of the C2P and F2P groups.

What do I mean by this? Well let’s go back to Season 2 and instead pretend that the 4* heroes were drip fed with 1 from each family released when we went from 1 5* family to the next.
So let’s say the 4* and 5* hero batches were as follows:
Season 2 Batch 1: Tarlak, Misandra, Mok-Arr, Agwe, Sumitomo and Gaderius
Season 2 Batch 2: Kageburado, Inari, Mitsuko, Gobbler, Ameonna and Triton
Season 2 Batch 3: Ariel, Poseidon, Atomos, Ursena, Wilbur, Danzaburo and Proteus

Now if you were a F2P or C2P slowly accumulating your Atlantis Coins from Season 2 levels that you would be strongly tempted to have a punt on possibly getting the likes of Tarlak and Kage in the earlier batches but in so doing you deplete the number of Atlantis coins you have for when Batch 3 releases the 4* mega-stars of Wilbur and Proteus that now you have much less chances to pull those ones that under what we actually had you had a better shot of getting them with all of them having been available from gate 1. What will happen is you would have regretted your earlier pulls and not saved them for the better heroes and that is the crux of the issue I’m trying to explain with the Challenge Events from the whale’s perspective but this time with money invested in that you regret pulling earlier better heroes may be added later with no improved odds to get them.

So now with 3* and 4* heroes coming in batches in Season 3 what would be your best strategy if you’re F2P or C2P or even a whale – well frankly what appears to be the best strategy is to save as much of whatever Asgardian Coins you pick up and not pull until all the heroes have been released (which could very well be half a year from Season 3’s beginning) and only then at gates where one of the featured 5* heroes is one you fancy in case you really get lucky. If you pull any sooner especially as a F2P or C2P you risk depleting resources to chase an uber 4* or 3* released later.

Summary
So whilst it is too late for this former whale, the no featured boosted odds on Challenge Events triggered the chain of events leading towards departure I put all this out there as holding back 3* and 4* Season 3 heroes puts a great deal of the player base in the position of either having to abstain from all the heroes for an agonisingly long time or pull sooner and potentially face puller’s remorse later. I mean we already know that Fura that looks like has been pulled back to a later batch is much better than Stonecleave – fancy gambling the next batch of 4* won’t be even better than these…

10 Likes