Season 3 strategy - How will you Approach it?

tl;dr save flasks for Atlantis and work at clearing S3 if and when you have spare WE.

Each Normal stage of Provinces 1 - 4 cost 6 WE and Hard stages cost 10 WE.

If SG releases only the first 3 Provinces, it will cost 480 WE to clear all Stages. That’s 3.33 days worth of WE if you do nothing but clear S3 stages. I don’t particularly see any need to rush to the end. While the S3 story seems to be an improvement over Atlantis i wouldn’t say that it’s a real page turner if you know what I mean.

re: Autofarming. I tested my 4-star healer auto-farm team (Melendor, Rigard, Kiril, Boldtusk, Wu Kong) in beta and they started failing too often by the 2rd Province. The problem is that there are bosses/elite mobs that are very similar to Brynhild (new S3 hero, details below) as well as Mist as a Boss. The healer auto-farm team is very dependent on tile damage and tiles just charge up healers quickly. Fast enough to stay ahead of my farming healers in some cases. I switched in costumed versions of Rigard and Melendor and that team can mostly auto-farm up through Province 3. Still unreliable at auto-play killing 3-10 though.

I’d say that if you want to auto-farm any amount of S3, you’d better use only 5-star teams. In Atlantis the 4-star healers could reliably auto-farm through Province 10 or so I think. The win rate was inconsistent by the Teenaged provinces.

Brynhild: Fast. Recovers 37% health for the caster and nearby allies. The caster and nearby allies are immune to buff dispels for 3 turns. The caster and nearby allies get +74% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns. The caster and nearby allies get 24% mana generation for 3 turns.

Mist: Fast. Deals 175% damage to the target and nearby enemies. The target and nearby enemies are immune to new buffs for 3 turns. The target and nearby enemies get -34% defense against Special Skills for 3 turns. The target and nearby enemies get -64% mana generation for 3 turns.

12 Likes

Twenty AR thank you’s.

Still working through S2 hard trying to do 2-3 levels a day.
I’ll prob play S3 as it comes in no rush to bulldoze through it all at this point for me. No idea if I’m gonna pull either as have enough to keep me occupied for awhile. was hoping pirates was later on as was gonna do pulls there save some gems bit tricky as that’s next event.

Gonna pretend like it doesn’t exist until it’s here

I would imagine people would get a shot at Telluria in the March one, didn’t it say it was gonna be monthly?

Essentially I will just spend my excess world energy there… Any energy I used to spend farming S2-1-7H outside of atlantis will be spent on Season 3

I’ll still be filling my Monster Chest at S1-5-8 (backpacks & nuggets) and will be doing all the same quests that I used to do…

S3 isn’t going anywhere so there is no need to complete quickly…

I also don’t need the tokens in a hurry because I don’t plan on doing ANY summons until the full S3 hero pool is populated:

Evidence that there are many heroes yet to be added to the Season 3 hero pool:

3 Likes

I’m gonna use this team and auto play all the easy modes with whatever spare WE I have instead of spending it on farming 12-9, and then I’ll do hard mode after.

I always do the easy levels first. I won’t rush but I expect it will get done reasonably fast just using the normal flags. My alt hasn’t even finished S2 hard so I certainly am not rushing there

speaking of which, do we have theory on what types of synergies/heroes are best for auto-farm teams?

This sounds very reasonable. I want to try it, if only I can resist long enough…

FYI, I’ve started collecting some additional information here: 📯 Season 3 (Valhalla) – FAQ & Links

2 Likes

Thank you @zephyr1, it will be a great resource as ever. May the countdown to S3 commence!

1 Like

The difficulty of S3 was comparable to S2 difficulty.

So whatever you used to aruto-farm in Season 2 should (more or less) be fine in Season 3

1 Like

Have a doubt, help me please.
Season 3 portal will be open from this month 27 thru march 1st… does it means it will close on march 1 at 12 am or will close on march 2nd at 12 am? was I clear? I dont’ know haha. What I want is to have a chance for Telluria

@Zephyr1 asked SGG and postet the answer in the FAQ section:

So you have a 12 hours overlap with Telluria

1 Like

Cool thank you so much :smiley:

2 Likes

I can see the value on holding summons untill every new hero is on the pool. But on the otherside, if there is a really broken hero, I’d say is better to pull for her/him while the pool is still shallow rather than full.

I was super lazy with Atlantis at first. I won’t make that mistake again. I will probably work on clearing all the normal/hard mode stages as they come out. I have plenty of flasks, (100+), so that won’t be a problem.

My decision if I keep my Valhalla coins or use them will totally depend on which heroes are featured. Featured heroes usually have higher percentages, so even if all heroes were released - highest chances will probably be on the two (alternating) featured ones. So if I like the first 5* they release, I will use my coins and maybe even make a 10-pull…

Once I wrap up Season 2 hard, yes I still have a few to do, I will start Season 3.

As for WE…PoV is just a major grind within a grind which I won’t be doing next go. I happen to get something through my normal gameplay, great, if not, oh well. While the resource refills have come in handy, I don’t see anything there earth shattering.

As for summons…I’ll probably approach it the same as I do Atlantis. I’m not going to break the bank. I get something, great, if not, then I have food for the rest of my bench.