đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 3 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v33]

Sabina now is very good counter for all status effect tanks, like Ares, Aegir, Zulag, Sif and, in lesser extent, Guin. Just fire her once and they become just a meatbag.

6 Likes

Wu still good on Titan thanks the costume bonus, but yes it’s disappointed costumed version make him become a common AOE.

2 Likes

#changeWuKong 

7 Likes

Anyone knows if this costumes will be available in next costume portal in November 16th?

It can be only in the next portal if a new version is released next week

2 Likes

Wu Kong’s costume’s special is borderline useless, but c’mon, we all know we’ll get it for stat boosts anyway. Which means the final nail in Ranvir’s coffin because now you just ascend and emblem Wu, upgrade his costume fully for a fraction of resources and use him instead, because his skill does not depend on HP.

3 Likes

and has a lower percentage to miss.

1 Like

So it is very difficult to see the release in November, am I right?
=(

Yeah, that’s not likely. I’m thinking December at the very earliest, but January could be more likely. That’s my guess

I still think Wu’s costume could either benefit with a buff like Ranvir’s (if they’re more focused on making sure he still has a debuff) or Miki’s/Tarlak’s
 because Wu Kong’s not an Easter hero and shouldn’t have a special skill that’s basically Jack O’Hare but worse.

I don’t expect him to get anything like Norns, but I know they’re not this bad at coming up with an idea of a change. If anything, just keep the generic buff he already has; it’s not like they haven’t done that with other costumes.

5 Likes

Depends on whether costumes will be released with this or next update. This update must be out before December starts, as it features X-mas event, in which case we’ll get the costumes in December, but it is not unseen for something to be tested during multiple updates (NT for example).

1 Like

The best thing about wukong is he is unique utility heroes.

He’s costume make him looks like another regular heroes.

Come on, he is not an attacker, he is utility heroes, i prefer his ability before update than he become an attacker

1 Like

Why bring blue stack when I can bring my mono green on a blue tanked enemy team. Most tanks, even if fully emblemed, would die with only approx 4 tiles that are strong against them. Even if the blue tank is flanked with c.Marj and Mits, my 2 Hansels emblemed can nullify their mana/skill once the blue tank is dead since I am going to ghost in the middle to fill mana. In 3 simple 3-tile match, all my fast heroes have their manas filled, ready to fire their skill. Eve to debuff elemental defense, Lianna to snipe off the most threatening enemy hero, and the 2 Hansels will mana control the enemy heroes with the most advanced mana, dealing initial damage and I can set his target to inflict damage to itself at least twice more by dumping all tiles at the target, getting the satisfaction of having Hansel’s target kill itself by increasing its mana.

1 Like

Yes, he still get buffs due to costume bonus, but special skill related to attack buffing will be more welcomed, for example attack power +130% but -10% accuracy, or all allies get +150% but one of the allies get additional attack buff
 etc.

OK even he finally become AOE, but he is a bit downgraded due to -20% defence, even poor than existing Hu Tao (although Hu Tao is slow mana hero)

lol if we’re gonna mention mono then what you said applies to every single tank in every single color. I mean I’ve taken out blue defenses with a mono red team (no Mitsuko) because the opening board was unbelievably good. But this is also why I don’t view mono as a valid strategy, because you’re basically just gambling on a good opening then.

Also I have Hansel+18, even going the full def/HP route he’s still pretty squishy, against highly emblemed 5* with high troops he will get one shotted 95% of the time.

2 Likes

Of course, I respect your opinion. The reason why monochrome attack set up is widely used by some or many players are: (1) take advantage of the tile power to kill the hero especially of the weak element, (2) rely not only to heroes’ skills but to tiles as well, (3) maximize and take full advantage of the Element Link of certain HOTMs, (4) players with weak roster can defeat veteran, advanced and experienced players with fully emblemed heroes and maxed troops, and (5) can ghost early once the tank is dead in just a few turns possible when the tank is killed by tiles only, saving your heroes’ specials to be used for other enemy heroes.

And if you check several videos uploaded in the internet, you will notice that those who score the biggest hit against the titans or top the leaderboards in the monthly challenge events usually use mono.

1 Like

With mono it’s either all or nothing, very rarely can you recover if you don’t get the needed tiles after 3-4 turns, especially if you’re running mono because you completely outgunned. It relies far too much on luck and just isn’t my play style.

That’s a bit of an apples and oranges comparison. Titan is all about tile damage, with specials doing negligible damage, so mono makes sense to really amp up how much damage each tile does. Challenge events sort of falls into the same category especially in the later stages where your specials again do comparatively little damage relative to tile damage.

The main difference is you can use battle items to kill mobs/heal/boost mana, whereas in a raid, if you go mono and don’t get on color matches until 3-4 turns later, you just might lose a hero or two depending on the team you’re facing.

4 Likes

Events actually go Tile damage wave 1, carpet bomb wave 2 and then smash the end bosses with specials.

So hero’s that down defence and spread damage (Wilbur, C.Gunnar) followed by hard hitting specials is how you achieve the big scores.

Not really. Yeah, it’s a high risk - high reward attack strategy. With good initial boards, the defending enemy is toast in just a few turns. With bad boards, that is where mastery on tile movement and manipulation comes in. Since the probability of gaining and matching favorable tiles is at 20%, those players using mono and able to overcome with initial bad boards more often than not are people who have a lot of smarts in them since they are able to see some tile moves that would eliminate the most unfavorable tiles in anticipation of them being replaced with favorable tiles, making diamond and dragon tiles. I have several instances where cascades have filled my mana twice over while killing or maiming enemy heroes. I am not saying those that do not use or advocate mono are not smart, I just think that mono users are a lot smarter as they have higher level of tile movement mastery, use their heroes’ skills to their advantage, optimize the total tile damage against the enemy hero, take full advantage of the Element Links, especially if you have more than 1 HOTMs with distinct E.L.s. I do agree that mono is not for everyone. It takes a lot of practice using and mastering it.

All i am saying is having 2 modes of killing the enemy heroes (tiles and skills) is far better than only relying on heroes’ skills alone.

1 Like

Welp I guess my brain is too plebeian for mono then :man_shrugging:

1 Like