šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New War of the Three Kingdom Rule - Rising Fury [Part of The Beta Beat V55]

I guess I could see that. Not everyone has 60 LBed 5* heroes

1 Like

This rule will make offense eliminate alot more teams, so alot tighter scores in the endā€¦

2 Likes

I agreeā€¦ The rising fury change seems a small step in the right direction, as opposed to just crossing your fingers, and hoping all flags are used.

Itā€™s something, as opposed to nothing I suppose. :crossed_fingers: :thinking:.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll keep an open mind on this one and see how it works in practice. Should help me (a relative newbie) since Iā€™m using 3* without emblems or LB towards the end of my flags. However, I donā€™t see how this will encourage people who use 0 flags to actually participate or prevent people from pouncing on cleanups. Those are the biggest problems in my opinion. The event will still be a giant, uncoordinated mess for the most part. Still, I enjoy it at my level because Iā€™ve got enough heroes to compete but theyā€™re still weak enough to put me up against reasonable competition.

1 Like

Well this opened a can of worms on W3K ā€¦
There are already threads containing all the proposed ā€œsolutionsā€ that have been voiced in the forum since day one ā€¦
There is also a thread on Q&A from SG / Zynga saying that itā€™s not their priority to overhaul and repair the broken W3K ā€¦

This new rule was just tested in Beta and looks to be fine ā€¦

So as others have said this is a small step in the right direction to help players with this part of the game. Letā€™s see how it pans out when itā€™s released into the game ā€¦

But for those hoping it will mean everyone will use all their 12 flags ā€¦ sorry, donā€™t hold your breathā€¦

Just my two pennies worth

3 Likes

Interesting. This, at least, resolved a thing I always noticed whenever W3K (the times Iā€™ve played it), it always kept going ā€œSkrimishā€ as though there was any other alternating conditions like with Alliance Wars.

Though thereā€™s nowhere in this that it says it, but canā€™t wait for them to make a variation of the healing factor like they used to do in Alliance Wars but boosts health! Rising Fury doesnā€™t sound awfulā€¦ yet.

Can we try again on this topic please :roll_eyes: none of the other stuff thats been mentioned before ā€¦ In other topics :smirk:.

Keep to the new information about it chappeech :green_heart:

6 Likes

I like this, especially as in my last flag Iā€™m struggling on top tier heroes

1 Like

I think it might actually be an interesting rule. It seemed to me OP at first, but I then realised that I am playing for over two years and I only got to my 40th 5* this week. Together with my 44 4*, I theoretically have 88 heroes that could fight in the war.

But I think basically all experienced players can agree that itā€™s much more important what teams you manage to build, not what or how many individual heroes you have. And considering that there are so many OP defenses and the fact that my last W3K teams donā€™t have a lot of synergy, as they are made of scraps, my results in the last battles are not great unless they are against pretty weak teams (especially as itā€™s almost impossible to find a clean, due to the ā€œvulturesā€ lurking :slight_smile: ).

Hopefully this new rule will actually help make my last teams more competitive

1 Like

Itā€™ll mean the unused flags were worth more points as the used flags all have a much better chance of scoring well (narrowing the points per flag gap between 1st flag and last flag).

If the points per flag gap narrows, the gap between top tier and middle tier players narrows too, meaning the # of flags used becomes the single determinate variable. This tilts things even more towards what was already the most important variable in determining the warband winner.

Looking forward to a way to push the zero flag players into becoming active participants and not just voyeurs.

Even with a deep bench, the last flags were rarely enjoyable. Imagine even less so for the middle tier players with some excellent heroes for just half the flags.

I wonder if this would even encourage more flag use. It has been this state for a year, people would assume the next few events are the same and overlook it

What is needed is some kind of auto-opt-out for those who donā€™t use their flags. And maybe think about assigning similar languages to the war bands or some kind of auto-translate feature in the chat.

2 Likes

I really have never understood this ā€œdebateā€. Requiring all flags wouldnā€™t change anything. Youā€™d still have to be lucky enough to be assigned to the winning side to win. Your performance and even presence on a side doesnā€™t do squat to effect the outcome. It really doesnā€™t. It all comes down to a coin toss at the start.

What makes the Alliance wars work is that you can alter the outcome through your groupā€™s philosophy and things like motivation. One playerā€™s participation is usually vital to determine the outcome. You NEED everyone to participate or youā€™ll lose. Most battles are decided by what happens behind the scenes than what happens on the boards.

This change is not about the flags not used, itā€™s about the sniping cleans ā€œproblemā€ and the huge number of fails at the end. At first look it seems to me like a surprisingly good idea, which potentially changes the dynamics of the whole event.

Iā€™m at mid-tier-level, Iā€™d say, and have finished the last 3 W3K 1st, 1st and 2nd place in the war by following two simple rules: 1. Do your cleans with your weak teams with your first flags, strongest teams last. 2. Donā€™t fail! :joy:

With this change I guess the contest will get a lot harder, and planning more difficult and interesting.

Yeah, the ā€œsimpleā€ rule of every game and everything in life :stuck_out_tongue:

I donā€™t think so. Most ā€œunusedā€ flags are owned by players who donā€™t attack at all.
The battlefiels after war looks like: about 15 players with 12 flags, less than 10 with 1-11 flags
So it makes no difference for them if the next attack would be better, if they donā€™t even try the first attack.

If you want to make 3k more competitive, do something about the no-shows, who sign up then donā€™t take thier hits, Since the 1st 3k there is always 100+ flags left on the table, and always 5 or more with full compliment of flags. The majority of the players have done their best, and you lose by 100 points because these jokers canā€™t be bothered to show.
Trying banning them for 7 days if they sign up and leave flags on the table.
Until then I will give 3K a miss

Not sure if thereā€™s another thread for this but, this buff, Rising Fury, has really helped my somewhat limited collection in this War. Very nice. :rose::slightly_smiling_face: Whether it actually makes people use their flags Iā€™m not sure of, but it has helped me :blush:

8 Likes

I love this optionā€¦ really helpful in the long termā€¦

3 Likes

Indeed, and I love that this Rising Fury buff benefits those who use more flags too :slight_smile:

6 Likes