šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Lunar New Year Seasonal Event Gameplay & Rewards [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

In Beta it was S1.
There suggestion to fill it out with other special heroes, but I am unsure whether Staff have made adjustment on the portal or not.

Most likely not, but our Oracle @Elioty33 might can confirm it.

If this is unchanged, then I will just pull with some EHT just in case I could not pull the current HoTM earlier.

2 Likes

Do we know when this is? Just tried searching but maybe Iā€™ve spelt it wrong or smthā€¦

1 Like

It was in June in 2022.

We will see when Staff will hold it in 2023.

3 Likes

The only reason I would use EHT for this is if it is Jan 31st and I donā€™t have the HOTM, otherwise a hard pass lol

6 Likes

Yeah, but Iā€™ve never been much on those heroes. I only pulled from the portal once, and I only got Wabbit. I was trying to get Lady Woolerton, but since then, Iā€™ve gotten Dā€™Andre and Rhys, so I donā€™t really need the sheep anymore.

Like @PlayForFun , Iā€™m assuming it will be in the same general time frame as last year, but honestly, if it went into August, or even September, Iā€™d probably save for it then. As noted above, I donā€™t love the Springvale heroes, and from Sand Empire, I have Arman, Hisan, Gafar, and Rana (without costume) already. I really want Para so I have a three-star purple healer, and the Kalevala fives all seem way better than the Springvale or Sand Empire ones. I already have Mielikki, or sheā€™d be on my Kalevala target list, too.

3 Likes

Oh buddyā€¦
Always with the jokes :rofl::joy::wink: - no disclaimer needed.

Still laughing :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::exploding_head:

5 Likes

Thank you my friend, you get me! :slight_smile: thanks for supporting my sense of humor :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Two peas of the same pod. Jokes arenā€™t jokes if you have to explain them :wink:.

IMHO The Lunar festival summons portal featuring just two event heros - is :exploding_head:. Iā€™d encourage everyone to take a hard pass on summonses to avoid massive disappointment and more reason for player outrage.

6 Likes

excellent adviceā€¦ Iā€™m holding my EHT for the next seasonal event :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nooooā€¦. Where is the Lunar New Year excitement and buzz then?

Then there will be ā€œno lion danceā€ in de Forum. All the drums and cymbals going ā€œdong chengā€. Aggrieved players furiously trying for a 0.25% hero. Trying to climb on top of each other to get a 0.25% prize.

P/S: Kidding. Please listen to @Sarah2 ! Please do. Avoid the disappointment.

4 Likes

Letā€™s not call this Chinese New Year. Itā€™s Lunar New Year, which isnā€™t only celebrated in China. We celebrate Lunar New Year in Korea as well. Itā€™s called Seollal. Itā€™s bigger than Christmas for kids and they get lots of money from family. So whilst I realize they are all heroes from W3K, itā€™s not a solely Chinese holiday.

3 Likes

Title says Lunar New Year. ā€œChinese New Yearā€ has higher usage because itā€™s celebrated by people of Chinese descent globally, if they keep ties with ethnic cultural norms.

Celebration is in different forms. No one ā€œstandard formatā€ though there may be more similarities between some regions owing to the migration source.

As such Lunar New Year is also celebrated in Thailand, Vietnam and Myanmar. Definitely in the Chinatowns globally, in some way or other.

No disrespect intended.
No exclusion intended.

4 Likes

At first I thought this would be a ā€œsummoning onlyā€ event, like the BF and those two heroes would be the big catchā€¦

What is the point?

Just at a guess, and gauging from previous comments here and other threads, probably primarily

1. the whole ā€œitā€™s a seasonal event so itā€™s another month-ish of special sale offers every dayā€ thing

but also

1. assuming the portal is released as currently announced, and because it is a seasonal portal, there will be some players who unwittingly spend EHTs without first realizing that the summoning odds are much, much worse than any other similar portal up to this point.

If one could harness the gleeful ā€œLOL NOOB YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE SUMMONING ODDS FIRSTā€ schadenfreude that results into, say, electricity, it would probably make SG and its entire playerbase carbon-neutral for the year :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise itā€™s for the schadenfreude itself, as a deliberate drain-EHT-for-even-less-return ploy, and/or possibly some kind of weird psychological ā€œhow good is communication amongst the playerbase in warning about these horrible odds?ā€ test.

Or really, it is (or also is) a naked acknowledgment that, in terms of new portals, itā€™s just easier to cater pretty much solely to the subset of players who are willing to spend enough to chase heroes even in an environment which apparently will yield 99.5% uncostumed S1 heros.

4 Likes

Cynical though this reply may be, Iā€™m hard pressed to come up with anything credible as an alternate explanation, and that is very, very depressing. Iā€™ll be taking my trainers, emblems, mats and EHTs and promptly forgetting about this portal unless something changes drastically.

4 Likes

More than trying to bait players into spending without noticing the odds, my guess is that theyā€™re experimenting with odds and the attractiveness of different rarities. They released musqueteers without 3*, they added a 3* on top of the ton of 5* from ninja tower, and now theyā€™re experimenting with a 5* only portal with awful odds but cheap tokens. They have tavern of legends to use as comparison, another portal with only 5* heroes but normal odds.

In short, this game has been sold twice, so the current owners are tinkering with odds (and gem prices) to see if they can squeeze more than the previous ones.

5 Likes

Why are the Chinese heroes the enemies? Shouldnā€™t it be the animal heroes which makes a lot more sense?

The story goes all the past animal heroes are invited to contest in a race, including the new ones. Only 2 are selected and crowned champions. It is match fixed and we strike a deal with the rabbit and tiger to take down the opposition so that they can be the winners. Which is why the stages exist, to kill the other animal heroes. Yesā€¦weā€™re hitmen for this.

I meanā€¦ someone made the decision to make the S1 ratio 99.5% of all summons, in a vast departure from previous portals. I think itā€™s reasonable to ask why.

And just to be clear: Iā€™m not necessarily against the ā€œletā€™s have a new season, because it means a chance to have a new month of seasonal sales offers evenā€ sort of thing, as thatā€™s separate from the portal per se. I mean ā€¦ Kalevala last year had a full spread of heroes and similar portal summoning odds to usual seasons.

(Having said that, I feel that the game certainly doesnā€™t need to accelerate the overall pace of new hero releases, because of general exponential power rush and because of QC issues with releases. But accomplishing this by having new heroes only be accessible to those willing to chase particularly terrible odds?)

In this seasonal, it really is the portal and its odds that really stand out asā€¦ what?!

In general, I would say that this could well be a reason for the portal to change the odds. However, I might argue that going from ā€œ21.5% chance of any seasonal hero, even smallerā€ to ā€œ0.5% chance of any seasonal heroā€ is less ā€œtinkeringā€ and more ā€œchainsaw, flamethrower, then nuke it from orbit just to be sure.ā€

Itā€™s such a drastic change that itā€™s not clear what itā€™s supposed to be testing, unless the ā€œtinkering of the oddsā€ here actually means

7 Likes

This event is now live and on going.
You can discuss about it here:

1 Like