🧪 Early Information on New Lunar New Year Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v54]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the first Seasonal Event called Lunar New Year Heroes.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Event – Lunar New Year (Seasonal event) !

:tophat: Lunar New Year Heroes

There are a total of two (2) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for a new Seasonal Event called “Lunar New Year”.

*The names of the new heroes are: Laohu, Xiaotu

:hugs: Family Bonus

Lunar Year family:

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

The Lunar Year family features different Lunar Year Animal Heroes. Each Lunar Year Animal grants different bonus to the members of the Lunar Year family when paired with at least 1 other Lunar Year Hero.

< Hero specific text comes here >

Event Hero Bonus:

The members of this family have additional perks in the Lunar New Year event.

The Hero gives the following Lunar Year Tiger bonus to the members of the Lunar

5 :star: – Legendary Heroes

• Laohu
  • Xiaotu

Laohu -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Laohu – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 842

Attack: 828
Defense: 786
HP: 1485

Class: Monk
Element: :sun_with_face: Holy (Yellow)

Mana Speed: Fast
Family: Lunar Year
Family Bonus - Hero Specific text:

Passive: Disable Minion Abilities
Attacks and abilities of all Minions owned by enemies are disabled.

Special Skill: Fierce Fu Jow Pai

• Deals 605% damage to the target.
  • Boosts the caster’s health by 50% of damage dealt.

Xiaotu -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Xiaotu – Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 842

Attack: 834
Defense: 799
HP: 1439

Class: Druid
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average
Family: Lunar Year
Family Bonus - Hero Specific text:

Passive: Disable Minion Abilities
Attacks and abilities of all Minions owned by enemies are disabled.

Special Skill: Reverse Recovery

• Deals 655% damage to the target.
  • The target and nearby enemies resist healing and receive 500 damage per resisted healing for 4 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• December 14, 2022 – added for first look testing.

:link: Related Threads

13 Likes

Does “resist healing” imply -100% healing and then damage, or it just means that after healing the normal amount the target gets punished with 500 damage? The first would be a death sentence.

I would guess its the first as resist implies that something will not take effect.

Dont try to heal after this heroes goes off!

As a (not very good) Mandarin Chinese speaker: my guesses are Laohu is a tiger, and Xiaotu is a little bunny :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Impressed that you know any Mandarin Chinese. Been told it’s one of the hardest languages in the world to learn. But the family bonuses are hero specific for these, and both include their animal type.

3 Likes

Oh great! Another seasonal event to get us to chase overpowered heroes only to watch them be nerfed a couple weeks after the portal closes. F No!

15 Likes

OMG lol. Another new portal with new heroes. Just after nerfing some current heroes lol. I honestly dont know what to say at this point. The collective player base has complained about nerfs/bait and switch, and the absurd pace SG is pushing out new OP heroes. So what does SG do? Make some nerfs and announce a new portal with new OP heroes lol.

15 Likes

Thanks, good to know my rusty Chinese still works… :stuck_out_tongue:

But also… separate tiger and rabbit families again? Instead of just one big Lunar family? SG is really milking the hero mill

8 Likes

i have a feeling that this is just the start of them bringing out op heroes

They’re part of the lunar family, but the bonuses depend on which heroes of the family are present instead of just the number of heroes.

4 Likes

Nice passive… Bye bye waterpipe

9 Likes

Now I get it, thank you for explaining it to me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This opens up a new line for more heroes with this skill. And then later we can get new summoners with minions that have undispellable skills. Or… un-disabling

This could be strong for defense too.
How many of you get through 6 war flags without ever using a summoner?

1 Like

Means they can still release the other 10 as time goes on. And a 13th, the cat, who was snubbed by the rat during race to determine the order of the zodiacs.

1 Like

Standyourground, you have been saying plenty about SG related issues (usually as long as it was negative). Well, whatever turns you on, just please dont pretend you are speaking for the entire player base. You are merely talking about a certain segment of it: the ones who are prone to complaining.

1 Like

May i guess that the artist who draw chinese zodiac heroes must be @Bai_Ming @BaiMingCG ?

2 Likes

Bring 2 healers. One is a cleaner. Clean with one, heal with the other.

Or bring healer/cleaner plus ailment blocker.

Pure summoners like Freya/Bera I routinely do without (I don’t even have Bera :joy:), but those who summon as a secondary ability eg Krampus/Tinsel I use almost every war.

And LotL

Or use a cleanse first hero like Lidenbrock or Furdinand

1 Like

@PlayForFun Minor typo in OP.

I can’t help but think that if SG would slow their pace a little bit, they could possibly get more things right, I don’t know, in Beta and not have to change things by release-then-nerf or altering an event during the event.

I don’t think @Standyourground was pretending to speak for the entire player base. It is not inaccurate to say “the collective player base has complained” because there actually are a lot of unhappy comments on these forums, across the spectrum from f2p and small spenders to formerly bigger spenders.

(Are these forums a fully representative sample of the full playerbase? Of course not. But there is an argument to be made that players who actually bother to register here, much less spend any time on the forums, are amongst the more engaged members of the playerbase, so it’s certainly not terrible if SG were to heed opinion to at least some degree. —And anecdotally, members of my own alliance who speak up are, if anything, more negative than the average forum response about recent changes in the game, I’d say.)

And it’s honestly dismissive to say that complaints are “merely” from those “prone to complaining” — folks are complaining for pretty justifiable reasons. A lot of quality control has seemingly gone by the wayside, correlated with the speed of releases.

15 Likes

Thx, I have fixed it.

2 Likes