šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New "Challenge Festival" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V44]

Itā€™s a challenge event so of course the challenge coins will work there.

Iā€™m glad there modifying the gameplay with new curses, and hero bonuses (not new but something different), But to be honest I really have no drive to compete in the older events. And really, without the emblems I would have no drive to complete them either. I know folks complain about the pace of new heros, that I understand, but at this point I gey the most enjoyment out of competeting and completing new events.

1 Like

Yeah having been away from these events doing teltoc again was a slog. Glad theyā€™re going away and a new event to keep the heros available.

2 Likes

They need to remove the word contagious and replace it with ā€œThis effect can spread.ā€ given the current global situation. Some might not like the word contagiousā€¦

Rumor from Beta, Old 3* / 4* challenge event heroes being added to Hero Academy

So I may eventually get my Falcon, and then I can hunt Falconā€™s costume when it comes out

4 Likes

4* hero academy spend depth

Beta rumors

Based on Beta rumors. May not be true, or may be subject to change before live server

Specific 4* hero from HA08 Epic heroes

Spend depth = 64 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing = 290 days

Will only get worse when they add more 4* heroes ( looking at you Challenge events v3.0 )

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Total possible = 22

+2 each color

or

6x 4* heroes= Blue, Purple, Yellow

7x 4* heroes= Red, Green

Total possible = 32

2x days per roll

Specific 4* hero

Spend depth = 64 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing

log(0.1)/log(1-(1/32))= 145.0506770500638 rolls

Check (1-(1/32))^ 145.0506770500638= 0.01

145 x2 days= 290 days

FIN

5 Likes

What is 64 days and 290 days ?

64 = average waiting time for a specific 4* hero
after 290 days there is 90% probability to get a specific 4* hero.

do we need 64 days for pulling one of epic challenge heroes ?

Yes and no. One try obviously isnā€™t 64 days. With the number of heroes in the portal and time for each to completeā€¦based on oddsā€¦thats how long it will take for people to get a specific hero on average. Some may get guardian falcon their first try. Some, it may take 2 years. RNG.

No. You can get it in the first roll or you can wait 500 days. It is probability. There will be 32 4* heroes. Assuming you can draw each one with the same probability you will be waiting - on average - for a specific hero 32 pulls (that is 64 days). But of course some players get this hero earlier and some later.

3* hero academy spend depth

Beta rumors

Based on Beta rumors. May not be true, or may be subject to change before live server

Specific 3* hero from HA05 Rare heroes
Spend depth = 10.5 days
Loot Box Unit Pricing = 47.25 days

Will only get worse when they add more 3* heroes ( looking at you Challenge events v3.0 )

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Total = 23
+1 each color
Total = 28

9 hours per roll

Specific 3* hero
Spend depth = 252 hours or 10.5 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing
log(0.1)/log(1-(1/28))= 126.6282238230916 rolls

Check (1-(1/28))^ 126.6282238230916= 0.01

126 x9 hours = 1,134 hours or 47.25 days

FIN

7 Likes

As always, thank you for your detailed analysis @Gryphonknight!

I cannot like your posts, as Iā€™m currently out of likes.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not thrilled by the chicken effect. As a C2P player almost 2 years in, I had exactly 3 event heroes before the BF summon: Pixie, Bauchan and Black Knight. My BF 10x yielded two copies of Shrubbear. Thatā€™s three 3* (not counting dupe), zero 4* and one 5*.

The game is stingy with challenge coins and the Challenge Event summons arenā€™t good uses of gems (IMHO), so I think there are a lot of people like me who have very few (or even no) event heroes.

The portal for the event, on the other hand, looks nice. Iā€™ll have to decide if itā€™s worth spending on as I wonā€™t have many challenge coins.

do the seasonal heroes such as bunny and santa family get cursed too?

Yes, they will receive the Chcken curse too.
Only the event heroes from the retired events are not cursed (including the new rare heroes and legendary costumes for these old retired events.)

3 Likes

Darn, more event$, more heroe$. Can Zynga add or upgrade a building? This more challenging to programmer$ rather than new heroe$ who wear different costume$ same power$. Cmmon, the trend i$ re-inve$t, change old heroe$ to newā€¦ challenge of feStival $howca$e cos$umed heroe$ in the pa$t, an upgrade.

1 Like

Why did they remove 4* ascension mats from the challenge festival chest?

Gem offers are the same like the classic events?

Offers are never tested in Beta, so we will find out once the event goes live but I would expect the similar offers what we have.

In Beta we have tested the Black Friday Bonus chest.
I have just added the information what Staff sent us about the possible content.
I suppose this Bonus chest is now no different than any other Bonus chest which is not the Black Friday Chest.
As I recall that can have 4 star ascension material with a low chance.
So may this bonus will also inlcuded it.
Of course we can not be sure until someone shares a chests with a 4 star material.

2 Likes