šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New "Challenge Festival" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V44]

What do you mean this portal isnā€™t open until next month.

I thought the current black friday portal, my mistake, sorry

@Petri Old events will be deleted. Will these Coins work for new events and the Festival after the end of the Teltok event or not?
20211127_014147

Yes and Yes they will work

1 Like

It is already working for new events (Slayers, Villians, and Starfall).

It worked for the new Festival in Beta too.

4 Likes

People are too focused on what icons the coin shows. Itā€™s totally unimportant.

5 Likes

They probably will redesign it, like they did tower coin (and honestly I liked shuriken more on that one). For me the only important thing is they work in Festival so I can accumulate them now instead of spending them in Teltoc.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a challenge event so of course the challenge coins will work there.

Iā€™m glad there modifying the gameplay with new curses, and hero bonuses (not new but something different), But to be honest I really have no drive to compete in the older events. And really, without the emblems I would have no drive to complete them either. I know folks complain about the pace of new heros, that I understand, but at this point I gey the most enjoyment out of competeting and completing new events.

1 Like

Yeah having been away from these events doing teltoc again was a slog. Glad theyā€™re going away and a new event to keep the heros available.

2 Likes

They need to remove the word contagious and replace it with ā€œThis effect can spread.ā€ given the current global situation. Some might not like the word contagiousā€¦

Rumor from Beta, Old 3* / 4* challenge event heroes being added to Hero Academy

So I may eventually get my Falcon, and then I can hunt Falconā€™s costume when it comes out

4 Likes

4* hero academy spend depth

Beta rumors

Based on Beta rumors. May not be true, or may be subject to change before live server

Specific 4* hero from HA08 Epic heroes

Spend depth = 64 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing = 290 days

Will only get worse when they add more 4* heroes ( looking at you Challenge events v3.0 )

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Total possible = 22

+2 each color

or

6x 4* heroes= Blue, Purple, Yellow

7x 4* heroes= Red, Green

Total possible = 32

2x days per roll

Specific 4* hero

Spend depth = 64 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing

log(0.1)/log(1-(1/32))= 145.0506770500638 rolls

Check (1-(1/32))^ 145.0506770500638= 0.01

145 x2 days= 290 days

FIN

5 Likes

What is 64 days and 290 days ?

64 = average waiting time for a specific 4* hero
after 290 days there is 90% probability to get a specific 4* hero.

do we need 64 days for pulling one of epic challenge heroes ?

Yes and no. One try obviously isnā€™t 64 days. With the number of heroes in the portal and time for each to completeā€¦based on oddsā€¦thats how long it will take for people to get a specific hero on average. Some may get guardian falcon their first try. Some, it may take 2 years. RNG.

No. You can get it in the first roll or you can wait 500 days. It is probability. There will be 32 4* heroes. Assuming you can draw each one with the same probability you will be waiting - on average - for a specific hero 32 pulls (that is 64 days). But of course some players get this hero earlier and some later.

3* hero academy spend depth

Beta rumors

Based on Beta rumors. May not be true, or may be subject to change before live server

Specific 3* hero from HA05 Rare heroes
Spend depth = 10.5 days
Loot Box Unit Pricing = 47.25 days

Will only get worse when they add more 3* heroes ( looking at you Challenge events v3.0 )

Notes

Click for notes

Math

Total = 23
+1 each color
Total = 28

9 hours per roll

Specific 3* hero
Spend depth = 252 hours or 10.5 days

Loot Box Unit Pricing
log(0.1)/log(1-(1/28))= 126.6282238230916 rolls

Check (1-(1/28))^ 126.6282238230916= 0.01

126 x9 hours = 1,134 hours or 47.25 days

FIN

7 Likes

As always, thank you for your detailed analysis @Gryphonknight!

I cannot like your posts, as Iā€™m currently out of likes.

2 Likes